Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

This.

It might be a generational thing too.  I think older people might see it as bad sportmanship whereas younger fans see it as just a part of the overall entertainment and have no problem with it.

Give me the classy cats like Jerry Rice who dominated his opponents on the field and casually handed the ball to the ref in the end zone, like catching that 35 yard bomb between two defenders in the corner of the endzone and somehow getting that second big toe down one inch before going out of bounds, is the most common thing in the world to him and nothing worthy of a "look at me" show...

• Like (+1) 4

People that get bent out of shape from this stuff are the same ones that were getting picked last in gym class!

Seriously, our players do an excellent job of playing classy but playing at a higher level than your competitors takes emotion and there’s nothing wrong with displaying that.

People are so freaking sensitive and judgmental... it’s gotten worse over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They’re young, and don’t understand that some types of self braggadocio can shine a negative light on oneself, but again they are young, and just like when we were young this sort of activity is more prevalent. OR you could say, youngsters nowadays they are just like we were....  if it gets to silly SM will have a chat with whoever, but until then, no big deal. 

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, T master said:

As rookies ??

ummm how about Bruce’s Heartattack Sack dance?  Jesus people really. Enjoy the game a little bit. 

celebrations and dancing are part of the game. And the NFL knows that. That is why they changed the rule to allow them

instead

of being the No Fun League of old. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

Do you consider Josh Allen's celebrations to be "look-at-me" or are his a-okay?

• Like (+1) 1

We need more murderers, cheaters and coke dealers who act more professionally in order to win super bowls.

I think it was a little over the top.  I'm confident McDermott will coach them appropriately.

But, Christ ... let the young men enjoy the game.

52 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

main question. Are these celebrations hurting the team with penalties?  If the answer is NO you have nothing to complain about 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, I have felt that a couple of times, that Ed Oliver was very close to drawing a taunting penalty after a great play. 

Celebrating is one thing; taunting and mocking the other team does not seem to be part of the way McD wants to conduct business.

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

That opposing team doesn't like the disrespect, shut us up... Tre was on the sideline. So the camera showed him. We are 9 and 3, first time in  longer than a lot of fans have now been alive and we accomplished nothing? When you played you never got lost in the moment? Never excited? I wish I would have had your composure. It's none of their faults they love what they do and that it's on NATIONAL DISPLAY.

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What that 1 penalty he had that the announcers couldn't find...yes what a terrible pattern of behavior.?

Actually I think he's had the trifecta of roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct this year.     Only Bill to have both a RP and a UR.  And I don't think anyone had a hard time seeing him coming in to blast Amari Cooper for his first flag yesterday.   It was blatant.  If you are talking about the other penalty which was hands to the face that was a bad call but it was totally unnecessary for him to put his hands on Dak there.  He just gets fired up and can't reign it in.   Like in the Dolphins game last year when his taunting penalty set up the Dolphins winning TD.   

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think Jordan Phillips' inability to stop with the unnecessary contact after the play is over is a lot more concerning.

He's made himself a target he needs to understand that people are watching the 340# guy who has a habit of playing "thru the whistle".

His sideline impression of Dak signaling first down was spot on and quite comical though.:thumbsup:

What Shaq and Oliver are doing is just standard stuff that doesn't impact the game.

He was mocking Zeke's feed me celebration

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most players on even winning teams celebrate plays ,sacks and wins

They take endzone pictures at away stadiums after scoring defensive touchdowns and wave goodbye to losing crowds all the time

It's still entertainment...

If Shaq dances because of a sack and we are down 35-3 I'd say what the hell you dancing about... Not winning at Jerry's world on national television

please re-read what I wrote.  I didn’t say I have a problem with celebrating.  I said I don’t like mocking other teams or their fans. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Also, please re-read what I said. 

who cares they waived bye to a fan base than spent all week calling them Frauds. 

they mocked Zeke and Dak (ooo Zeke also mocked Dak). And oooo Players mock and talk trash all over. It was on their own Sideline as well it wasn’t like it was in the field of play. 

after everyone has trashed them for months. They go on the road and Dominate a Arrogant Team and Fanbase. On thanksgiving when the bills last won on thanksgiving when?

Edited by MAJBobby