Auto Zone: Emasculation Station

Gugny

Figuratively speaking, of course.

It's fairly well known that I drive a muscle car.  To be specific, I drive a 2015 Nissan Versa Note.  It rocks 109 horsepower.  Watch out.

I bought new wiper blades on Saturday.  Brought them home and got the driver's side one on with little issue.  I mistakenly snapped the wrong adapter into the passenger side one and could not get it out.  I put it aside.  After having to remove the entire wiper arm from the car, I finally got the rear wiper changed.

Went to Auto Zone to try and exchange the passenger side.  Dude behind the counter was able to get the incorrect adapter out and snap the correct one in.  It was raining fairly heavily, but I told the guy I wanted to make sure it would go on.  So I ran out, popped the old one off (again) and could NOT, for the life of me, get the goddamn new one on.

I go back in and say I'm really sorry, but I can't get the damn thing on.

Woman behind the counter comes out and takes the wiper blade from me (not rudely) and says, "this is for the rear window, right?"  I said, "no ... passenger side."  She laughs and says, "Ha!  What kind of car do you drive?  It must be tiny!!"

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

But to be honest ... I can't blame her one bit!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

How proud could you possibly be after that experience??

because... 

you know..., that late, great muscle car of the mid '10's. an astounding 109 freaking horses!

cc_2015nis020a_01_640_fak.jpg?height=400

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's fairly well known that I drive a muscle car.  To be specific, I drive a 2015 Nissan Versa Note.  It rocks 109 horsepower.  Watch out.

I bought new wiper blades on Saturday.  Brought them home and got the driver's side one on with little issue.  I mistakenly snapped the wrong adapter into the passenger side one and could not get it out.  I put it aside.  After having to remove the entire wiper arm from the car, I finally got the rear wiper changed.

Went to Auto Zone to try and exchange the passenger side.  Dude behind the counter was able to get the incorrect adapter out and snap the correct one in.  It was raining fairly heavily, but I told the guy I wanted to make sure it would go on.  So I ran out, popped the old one off (again) and could NOT, for the life of me, get the goddamn new one on.

Woman behind the counter comes out and takes the wiper blade from me (not rudely) and says, "this is for the rear window, right?"  I said, "no ... passenger side."  She laughs and says, "Ha!  What kind of car do you drive?  It must be tiny!!"

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Add some stickers to it, and you can increase the HP. Like a NOS sticker adds 5HP. But ask your son what to get. You don't want a Coexist one on there, that'll drop 20HP and an inch off your little Richard. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Add some stickers to it, and you can increase the HP. Like a NOS sticker adds 5HP. But ask your son what to get. You don't want a Coexist one on there, that'll drop 20HP and an inch off your little Richard. 

I cannot afford an inch!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I recently went to Autozone to purchase a new battery.  Not only did the gentleman install it for free (I threw him a saw buck afterward), he gave me a nice shoulder massage before closing the hood and sending me on my way.

It must be your face....

You too? Remarkable.

My wife knows more about cars than I do. Mostly growing up with a dad who's obsessed with cars. I don't see any shame in it, honestly. I know how to jump a battery, change a tire, check my oil. That's about it. Her and her dad went to see Ford vs. Ferrarri. I went to see Rambo at the dollar theater next door. They both told me I'd be bored out of my mind for 90% of it.

Weird thing is, I'm not that into video games but I love car racing games. But don't care much for the ones that you have to build your own car. I just want to race. 

8 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My wife knows more about cars than I do. Mostly growing up with a dad who's obsessed with cars. I don't see any shame in it, honestly. I know how to jump a battery, change a tire, check my oil. That's about it. Her and her dad went to see Ford vs. Ferrarri. I went to see Rambo at the dollar theater next door. They both told me I'd be bored out of my mind for 90% of it.

Weird thing is, I'm not that into video games but I love car racing games. But don't care much for the ones that you have to build your own car. I just want to race. 

you're a cis-millennial aren't you?

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you're a cis-millennial aren't you?

I self indentify as a 72 year old lesbian. Still waiting on the social security office to stop being so bigoted and send me my checks please.

But for real. I know enough practical stuff to get by. I've just never been fascinated by cars. I fit most of the other "macho" stereotypes. I know enough about basic pluming and around the house handy work. Just never caught the car fascination bug I guess. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude I do my own brake jobs.

:lol:

literally anything you need to know to do on a car can be learned on youtube.

I'm sure you're really good at all kinds of jobs!

I did you tube it.  The instructions for which adapter to put in were lacking.  Getting the adapter out was impossible with the tools I have (this guy used a pair of needle nose pliers that were about two feet long).  And it was pouring rain and I didn't want to get my Allen jersey wet figuring it out.  There.  YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!

Just now, Gugny said:

I did you tube it.  The instructions for which adapter to put in were lacking.  Getting the adapter out was impossible with the tools I have (this guy used a pair of needle nose pliers that were about two feet long).  And it was pouring rain and I didn't want to get my Allen jersey wet figuring it out.  There.  YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!

Whoa, whoa. Settle down there, gugster.

No one's suggesting you should wear the pink frillies today.

7 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I self indentify as a 72 year old lesbian. Still waiting on the social security office to stop being so bigoted and send me my checks please. ...

:lol:

fantastic response! thanks.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

2 foot needle nose pliers?? who the hell needs to stand in the rain with them suckers!

Edited by Foxx

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

But for real. I know enough practical stuff to get by. I've just never been fascinated by cars. I fit most of the other "macho" stereotypes. I know enough about basic plumBing and around the house handy work. Just never caught the car fascination bug I guess. 

You don't need to be fascinated by cars to be able to change a ***$ing wiper. 

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You don't need to be fascinated by cars to be able to change a ***$ing wiper. 

Bingo!  And how to get the wrong adapter off.  He was probably so paranoid about breaking the damn thing (hence on hook for the money), might as well have them do it.  Can't say I really blame him.  But really... Throw in a WAF moto-head smear campaign.

If it goes on one way, has to come off same way... Oh yeah, look for little locking tabs, etc...

Please... A moment of silence and prayer for all the middle managers of the world.  LMAO.  You're in my thoughts and prayers Gug.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I recently went to Autozone to purchase a new battery.  Not only did the gentleman install it for free (I threw him a saw buck afterward), he gave me a nice shoulder massage before closing the hood and sending me on my way.

It must be your face....

Dude, changing the battery on many cars no is no joke. My went dead in 16 Tahoe..watched the dude at autozone put it in..just the geometry of the perfect angle to get that sucker to fit in would have taken me an hour.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

So......how much did you tip her for changing your tiny little wiper? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

So......how much did you tip her for changing your tiny little wiper? 

I'm not on the look out for a woman but if I were there are some attractive women working at auto parts stores.  They drive full sized extended cab pickups and no doubt know how to tail gate.  They are probably pretty good with a chamois cloth as well and would fight you to cut the lawn with your new John Deere mower.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

TIP:  "Get a new job if you don't like doing the one you're being paid to do."

Your problem seems obvious to me: you tried! ?

I get my wipers changed when I take my car to a professional for an oil change, get a required emissions test, etc. There are actually people out there who know how to do that stuff! 

57 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

literally anything you need to know to do on a car can be learned on youtube.

I'm not inclined to try anything too difficult, but this does seem true.  When the hatchback struts failed, the guy at the shop quoted me $300, so instead I watched the video, bought them at Napa for $50 and changed them in about ten minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'm not inclined to try anything too difficult, but this does seem true.  When the hatchback struts failed, the guy at the shop quoted me $300, so instead I watched the video, bought them at Napa for $50 and changed them in about ten minutes.

Struts are that easy?  Good.  I need those soon.