Josh Norman?

Dkollidas

If he’s cut after this season, could he re-unite with McDermott in Buffalo? McDermott was his DC during his time in Carolina. I’m sure he’s lost a bit at age 31, but on a lower, short-term contract, with the coach who coached him into one of the best defensive players in the league for a time, it could be worth a shot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

He really could be ideal opposite Tre.  I haven’t watched him much this season so I can’t comment if he’s been playing well or not. Levi has been solid, but susceptible to breakdowns. Norman could bring more consistency and hopefully some turnovers 

Looking to progress of White and and regress of Norman outside Carolina I think McDermott really can develop corners.

Levi was burnt in Cleveland many times. I hope for Johnson and new additions in offseason. 

Imagine Bills could still have Gilmore or Darby.   One of them + Tre White, Poyer and Hyde = it would be scary secondary

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Kevin Johnson should be opposite White from now on and if Levi Wallace never sees the field again it'll be too soon.

That's a little harsh. Levi and Johnson are not the answer at CB2 but are decent depth players though Johnson at this point looks to be the better option. Norman is superior to both but I question his desire. Once players get paid and start losing they check in, like Norman and Harris Jr. for that matter. A rejuvenated and motivated Norman or Harris Jr. would be a nice compliment to Tre.

Edited by billsbackto81

Should be interesting how the Bills game plan for Gallup this Thanksgiving.

As far as Norman....he's not an upgrade of what we have now.  He's been horrible this year and should hang up his cleats.  PFF has him ranked as #110 out of 116 CB's.  He'd pry retire at halftime our 2nd game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

If he’s cut after this season, could he re-unite with McDermott in Buffalo? McDermott was his DC during his time in Carolina. I’m sure he’s lost a bit at age 31, but on a lower, short-term contract, with the coach who coached him into one of the best defensive players in the league for a time, it could be worth a shot. 

don't take my reaction to your post the wrong way BUT .. 

The Dumbskins overpaid for him and he's been a FLOP there.  

So  LOL  No friggen way .. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Should be interesting how the Bills game plan for Gallup this Thanksgiving.

As far as Norman....he's not an upgrade of what we have now.  He's been horrible this year and should hang up his cleats.  PFF has him ranked as #110 out of 116 CB's.  He'd pry retire at halftime our 2nd game.

If they experiment with Wallace out there trailing him around it won't last long. I expect Johnson to see a lot of work on Thursday. 

No to Norman. He has been on the decline the last couple of years and the headache doesn't equate with the talent level at this point. 

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Looking to progress of White and and regress of Norman outside Carolina I think McDermott really can develop corners.

Levi was burnt in Cleveland many times. I hope for Johnson and new additions in offseason. 

Imagine Bills could still have Gilmore or Darby.   One of them + Tre White, Poyer and Hyde = it would be scary secondary

They probably do not draft Tre if they had kept Gilmore

6 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Kevin Johnson should be opposite White from now on and if Levi Wallace never sees the field again it'll be too soon.

Levi has had some good games and as of late some really bad games. He is in year 2 imo we shouldnt quit on him however he really has to earn some playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

shiny object.  pass. 

sign T White to a long term deal.  sign your own guys you like to longer term deals .   stay the course you've set out for yourself.  this isn't fantasy football.  improve the roster any way you can,  but 31 year olds at DB or WR is probably not the way to do it

trust the process.  sign your own guys before they can escape  in FA.  Stay the course. 

Edited by ProcessTruster

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

shiny object.  pass. 

sign T White to a long term deal.  sign your own guys you like to longer term deals .   stay the course you've set out for yourself.  this isn't fantasy football.  improve the roster any way you can,  but 31 year olds at DB or WR is probably not the way to do it

trust the process.  sign your own guys before they can escape  in FA.  Stay the course. 

I totally agree. But with $80M in cap space this off-season, maybe a 1-2yr deal at $5M-$7M or something like that works.

if they did it I’d believe it’s more something along the lines of a short term to give us an extra advantage against teams like NE, KC etc.

The team has done a really nice job of building a good room, which should help temper Norman if he becomes an issue. 

They've also built strong depth throughout the lineup, with CB being among those positions. Wallace will be back next year and I could totally see Kevin Johnson staying, and possibly a rookie drafted as well. So if it didn’t work, they would have backup plans. 

This wouldn't be a 3-4yr deal with lots of guarantees. It would be a 1-2yr deal with lots of incentives for playtime and good play.