Spitballing a Tre White contract extension

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

White won't be paid next year. They will simply pick up his 5th year option.  They first have to pay Poyer, Phillips and Dawkins at first level and Lawson at 2nd level.  

they likely value Tre much more than any of those guys. Giving him a well earned extension and bypassing the 5th year option is likely in the best interest for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

White won't be paid next year. They will simply pick up his 5th year option.  They first have to pay Poyer, Phillips and Dawkins at first level and Lawson at 2nd level.  

We have the cap space.  He's obviously a top 5 to 10 shut down CB.  Pay him now before the next man up sets the market.  Plus, I am waffling between a Singletary jersey or a White jersey for my daughter for Christmas.  Would be nice to know which player is here long term.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At some point this franchise is going to have to bite the bullet and pay market value for a great CB.  We can't continue to let them walk in Free Agency.  I'm good with getting a deal done a year early and keeping White here.  I don't want to play against Gilmore and Tre' White in Foxboro some day.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

At some point this franchise is going to have to bite the bullet and pay market value for a great CB.  We can't continue to let them walk in Free Agency.  I'm good with getting a deal done a year early and keeping White here.  I don't want to play against Gilmore and Tre' White in Foxboro some day.

Pretty sure the CB thing was the business model of the old regime, even going back pre Whaley. They preferred to spend money elsewhere and simply draft a CB high every four years. I don’t think that’s the MO of the current group, but we’ll find out. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Pretty sure the CB thing was the business model of the old regime, even going back pre Whaley. They preferred to spend money elsewhere and simply draft a CB high every four years. I don’t think that’s the MO of the current group, but we’ll find out. 

Tre is McDermott's first pick.  And he's played at a consistently high level.  He'll get his money.

• Like (+1) 1