Still worried about the Bills' offense?

eball

1 minute ago, Nick the Greek said:

We could have scored more. We were just running it in the 4th to kill the clock. and that doesn’t help for a 300 yard passing game!!!

That is an underrated element of these discussions. We shut it down for the most part in the fourth quarter. It's smart as far as just trying to win THIS GAME. I'm a proponent of not taking your foot off the gas when you are up versus being conservative. This game, however, the defense was dominating. But as far as scoring points goes, we hardly tried to score in the fourth quarter. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There were already people here before the game opining that beating the Broncos would mean nothing because they’re another bad team.

Completion percentage was OK, so it would have to be low passing yardage and the INT

I mean, we scored less than league average points against a better than average defense. We scored essentially spot on what they allow. Relatively average day.

the defense pitched a heckuva game against a bad offense. 

it was a good day. I don’t know that anyone should be doing call out threads on behalf of the offense though.

Stay with the Running game. It does wonders.  We don't want to get carried away in Dallas.  Running the ball and stopping the Run keeps their best players on offense off the field. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Might depend on how they think Ford has gone at RT. If they want to move him inside I suspect they let Spain walk and try and find another tackle. If they are happy with Ford then I suspect they try and hold onto Spain but then it still comes down to $$s. 

Spain is signed for two years and is a good quality backup.  I don't believe any of the OL players will be leaving.  

The Bills need to sign Dawkins, Poyer, Phillips and Lawson.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, we scored less than league average points against a better than average defense. We scored essentially spot on what they allow. Relatively average day.

the defense pitched a heckuva game against a bad offense. 

it was a good day. I don’t know that anyone should be doing call out threads on behalf of the offense though.

A quarter of the game we barely tried to score though. I think we score 27 or more if this was a closer game. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

A quarter of the game we barely tried to score though. I think we score 27 or more if this was a closer game. 

Yeah..and the Bills got a little cute trying to get Gore his yards for the record and in doing that probably ended up at least one score less.

• Like (+1) 1

I like what I’m seeing from Josh, especially now that we seem to be finding our identity in the up-tempo offense.  

We have a nice OL and a strong running game with Motor and Gore. 

Brown-Beasley-Knox are a nice trio but who steps up to help them?  We’ve seen McKenzie, Foster and Kroft make some plays in recent games.  Foster seems to be the guy who could really elevate but his leg fell off after his run so we’ll have to see if/how long he’s out. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There were already people here before the game opining that beating the Broncos would mean nothing because they’re another bad team.

Completion percentage was OK, so it would have to be low passing yardage and the INT

Some people will complain if we win the Super Bowl but don’t cover the spread. 

Worried isn’t the right word.

The Offense is pretty average (statistically and scoring stats indicate). BUT they do just enough to win based on how incredible the defense is.

Its more...intrigued to see what happens if the defense doesn’t give the offense its normal cushion.  And believe me it should not go understates how much of cushion this defense gives this offense when it comes on pressure to not have to score.

But for THIS season...maybe it never happens.  Just maybe thsi defense always keeps teams to 14-20 points or less.

we shall see.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

Glad for the win. I’m a happy guy. 

Did they run the same running play on every first down?  

The first down yardage seemed pretty low.  That puts them in a hole.  I kept thinking that a first down pass, sweep, option, or something other than a straight ahead run would have been a good idea. 

46 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I still say Singletary is too slow to play in this league.

I don’t think he has great straight ahead speed, but he’s very quick inside a phone booth, so to speak.  That, and the fact that he’s so darned compact at 5’7”, 211 lbs makes me think that he’s more than powerful and elusive enough to have a quality, if not elite, career in the League.

Let's see how well they play against some of the better defenses down the stretch. That was a very good defense we played against today, so I'm very encouraged. There may yet be some bumps in the road, but we're definitely trending upwards. We still need to improve the OL despite a solid game for them today and we need an elite WR. Brown is very good, but he's not elite.

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don’t think he has great straight ahead speed, but he’s very quick inside a phone booth, so to speak.  That, and the fact that he’s so darned compact at 5’7”, 211 lbs makes me think that he’s more than powerful and elusive enough to have a quality, if not elite, career in the League.

I was being facetious

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be worried untill they do it every week. I'd still like to see more points, but it was a pretty well balanced performance. I'm not going to count on it until they prove that it's not just a hot streak. It's happened way too often around here. Good game though, tough defense to play against. A bit like the Bills with a much worse offense. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

maybe, maybe not. 

like I said, good day but I don’t know that our offense is at a level for us to have call out threads. 

30 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Let's see how well they play against some of the better defenses down the stretch. That was a very good defense we played against today, so I'm very encouraged. There may yet be some bumps in the road, but we're definitely trending upwards. We still need to improve the OL despite a solid game for them today and we need an elite WR. Brown is very good, but he's not elite.

The last two opponents are 5-16, total garbage 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

maybe, maybe not. 

like I said, good day but I don’t know that our offense is at a level for us to have call out threads. 

No. You're right. It's surely not. But I do think that its scoring output is limited if not severely limited by McD's conservative nature. 

Play calling and the offense being stagnet during large periods of time is a massive issue.  The offense today had many opportunities to change what the opposing offense can do through its success.  Because it doesn't teams are still in the game - late.

Saying we've had back to back blow out wins isn't telling an accurate story of our offense.