Coleman selects Harris, Briscoe top 5 black quarterbacks

John Gianelli

On ESPN radio just now, Freddie Coleman chose as his top 5 black quarterbacks

1) Doug Williams

2) Steve McNair

3) James Harris

4) Michael Vick

5) Marlin Briscoe

Harris played quarterback for the Bills. Briscoe was a wide receiver with the Bills, but he did attempt 3 passes.

I'm surprised he didn't have Russell Wilson or Randall Cunningham in his top 5.

Edited by John Gianelli
clarified it was ESPN radio
  • Like (+1) 2

There has to be some criteria that the OP missed.  There are too many better QBs than Harris and Briscoe.  3 of them have already been mentioned and there are several playing now better than those 2.  My guess is they are the top 5 who were told before the draft to change positions if they wanted to play in the NFL, although I don't think Vick was ever told that.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Gianelli said:

On ESPN radio just now, Freddie Coleman chose as his top 5 black quarterbacks

1) Doug Williams

2) Steve McNair

3) James Harris

4) Michael Vick

5) Marlin Briscoe

Harris played quarterback for the Bills. Briscoe was a wide receiver with the Bills, but he did attempt 3 passes.

I'm surprised he didn't have Russell Wilson or Randall Cunningham in his top 5.

Doug Williams ?? LOL

Warren Moon was better than all those guys.

• Like (+1) 2

Lol what is this crap? Whatever a Freddie Coleman is, I'm pretty sure he wont have a job tomorrow if he did this list on ESPN's dime as noted. I'm as anti PC culture as anyone, but a qb is a qb. I dont see race factoring into my judgment of how good or bad a qubby is.

25 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Lol what is this crap? Whatever a Freddie Coleman is, I'm pretty sure he wont have a job tomorrow if he did this list on ESPN's dime as noted. I'm as anti PC culture as anyone, but a qb is a qb. I dont see race factoring into my judgment of how good or bad a qubby is.

He's black himself, so he'll be fine.............I like him.  He goes from like 9-1 or so on espn radio.  

I actually find it to be an interesting topic.  But, Warren Moon is in the HOF and none of those guys are.  Brisco played like a few games at QB..............Something is amiss with that list.  

• Like (+1) 1