Bills work out several FA O linemen

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

Ty is done for the year and he very well knew it when they took him off the field.  You could see it in his face.  Our depth at Tackle was always a question going into the year and unfortunately the worst has happened.  Ford will be fine and Bates is questionable at best, but he is now the man. It will be very hard (impossible ?) though to find someone capable who can learn the offense and play with 6 weeks to go.  They are really looking for a backup to Bates at this point.  

As for Henderson, no thanks.  He has had plenty of chances here and he is unlikely to get one more from this management team.  

Probably so but if it was a fracture they would have done surgery by now.  It may be a high ankle or fibula fracture that does not require surgery.  Those coudl be 4-8 week injuries.  Given they have 6 more games and the playoffs, they might see if he can come back.  But it is more likely than not he will be on IR when they sign someone.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Brian Mihalik is like 6'9" 320 LBS 

But looky what he can do....

Image result for rudolph the red nosed reindeer Star on tree

He actually sounds kind of interesting.  He was a college defensive end, but I don't think there's been a defensive end that tall who's had a successful NFL career wince Ed "Too Tall" Jones for Dallas back in the day.  It takes a while to successfully change positions like that, but he's had a few years now to gain some skill at his new position.  I'm sure he's not a any kind of potential starter, but his college background suggests at least some athleticism.  He needed to add good weight and get a lot stronger, but maybe there's something there, and at 27 he's not too old to still have some upside.

De Beer might be available ??

Gerhard de Beer (born 5 July 1994) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Arizona and was signed by the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2018. He has also played for the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts.

Position‎: ‎Offensive Tackle
Height‎: ‎6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Weight‎: ‎312 lb (142 kg)

I have to believe that Ty’s career is over. Damn, that sucks. One of my favorite players on the team. Great attitude, solid RT, and an absolute giant of a man. A great story. One of the people that made it so fun to be a Bills fan this year. And, being a Bills fan hasn’t always been fun. 

Here’s to you, Ty Nsekhe. I hope we see you on the field again. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Gerhard de Beer (born 5 July 1994) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Arizona and was signed by the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2018. He has also played for the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/ex-wildcat-gerhard-de-beer-at-one-time-a-bill/article_1bc78365-4b7c-5939-a11e-78a685f2e1f4.html

Less than a week after he was signed to the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad, the former Arizona offensive lineman was released on Friday, an ultra-fast turnaround that once more reveals the cruelty and fluidity that is the modern NFL business

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sam young ,the prodigal son.

6 hours ago, GG said:

Sam Young is never far away is he?

Would love to hear the hot takes of everyone laughing at the possibility of bringing Seantrel back.  

is he even in the league?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I need to gain about 120 lbs and I’m in baby. 

i only need to gain 20 pounds :D

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I have to believe that Ty’s career is over. Damn, that sucks. One of my favorite players on the team. Great attitude, solid RT, and an absolute giant of a man. A great story. One of the people that made it so fun to be a Bills fan this year. And, being a Bills fan hasn’t always been fun. 

Here’s to you, Ty Nsekhe. I hope we see you on the field again. 

Over ?? Why do you say that ?

54 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What on Earth makes you say his career is over?! Even if it is a broken ankle, he should be back next season. Did I miss something?  

(Not being sarcastic, I’m truly wondering if I missed some kind of update)

I don't think you missed anything, unless you missed the replay of his injury. The fact of the matter is: he's 34, and it looked like he broke his ankle pretty badly. That's a good 12 month recovery, at best. So, he'd be able to get back on the field midway through the 2020 season? As a #2 RT? At 35? I just don't see it happening. He's had a really interesting, and inspiring career. I will remember him for years. But, I strongly suspect that his days as a Buffalo Bills RT are over.

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i only need to gain 20 pounds :D

Over ?? Why do you say that ?

^See above^

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, Uncle Joe said:

Forgot about Blood Diamond, git 'r' dun!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Scrap heap of available OTs from Walterfootball (just using them because their list looks more comprehensive than others I found):

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019OT.php

Injuries this late in the year suck that's why you hope your practice squad has players stashed there who can step in and put in a yeoman's effort.  Can't expect much at all.  Gotta be realistic.  

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What about Bates?

He might be next man up or they want to keep him for LT or OG. 

6 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Scrap heap of available OTs from Walterfootball (just using them because their list looks more comprehensive than others I found):

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019OT.php

Injuries this late in the year suck that's why you hope your practice squad has players stashed there who can step in and put in a yeoman's effort.  Can't expect much at all.  Gotta be realistic.  

I mentioned purging  Mitch Hyatt from the Cowboys' practice squad earlier as he seems like one of those OG/OT this staff seems to like. 

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Austin Pasztor has started in this league.  I remember him with the Browns.  He isn’t good or anything, but he does have some experience. 

Well every linemen we brought in has starting experience... Pasztor has the most however. Seems good size for a RT