Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Because it's the hot narrative here. Always. 

Defense gashed? Nope. Kicker missing a 34 yarder? Nope. In position to tie, another missed FG? Nope. 

Defense allowed 0. Special teams was immaculate. Entire loss is on #17. Duh. 

Not an Allen defender or supporter, but it's ridiculous in here. 

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who pins the blame solely on Allen. He's part of the problem, but not the only one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chill said:

Then the refs reversed an obvious fumble TD to change the outcome. Fixed. 

That was a forward pass.  Like it or not.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Where do you see 10 wins? Pats, Steelers, ravens and cowboys are still left. And it’s likely we lose one if the 3 bad teams left 

And Fitz

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

The end of that last drive was brutal. Where was the urgency to score-- or at least get closer? Did they really think that kicker was going to hit from 50+?

One of my biggest problems with this coaching staff.

As soon as they reached FG range, their immediate reaction was to curl-up and play for OT.  

They had enough time on the clock, and a TO at their disposal.  No reason not to be thinking touchdown on that last drive.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Daboll is a REAL problem.

I wouldn't mind seeing him canned.

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Wow, I thought Allen looked decent today. Just has to figure out those deep throws, and I think it’s mostly a confidence issue. Once he hits on one deep throw, he’ll get his confidence back and start hitting on more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

He wasnt good enough to win it for us.

He couldn't hit passes and make consistently good decisions.

The defence stopped them several times and is ranked top 3 in the league. Its not on them. I don't discount Daboll completely but for me Allen makes Daboll look worse by being so consistently inconsistent. 

The half that I saw Allen was playing very well and had several plays where you could tell the route combinations were immediately known by the Defense, and the offensive line was completely beat on the jump... 

1 minute ago, Ray Finkel said:

Many running backs get stronger as the game goes on with more touches.

Ur right. Guess we dont know how he'll respond because he doesn't get the carries 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

IMO this game was entirely on Allen. He’s been given numerous chances to hit the deep throw and he hasn’t hit a single one yet. Just hit one and the bills win the game. 

He can’t even get it within the zip code

of his intended target.

1 minute ago, Socal-805 said:

Josh Allen simply sucks,

I think many NFL ppl knew this at draft time, except ofc the Bills FO.  But tbh, what to you expect from McDermott, he's a big hands QB, play not to lose kind of coach.

Bills Defense Choked.

Bills Special Teams Choked.

Bills Offense was usual below average performance.

Bills Coaching was usual below average offensively and mediocre defensively.

This is not a playoff team.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Does anyone have any rational examples of how this loss is in anyway the fault of Allen?...

Hit the deep ball to a wide open McKenzie for a TD and it's not a part of the discussion. 

Does anyone have any rational examples of how this loss is in anyway the fault of Allen?...

He needs to improve but he was like #8 on reasons we lost.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Baltimore D is not that good, the Pats has them on the ropes with the no huddle. I will be excited see how the Bills D handles the College style O they run with one of if not the most athletic QBs in Jackson. 

Baltimore's D is good enough, and has been getting better each week.  The Bills will get destroyed by Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The offensive play calling was mixed, the kicker missed two FGs one he simply has to make.....

But the Quarterback has to play better. And it comes down to that to me. That is a game that we lose in an almost identical way with Tyrod, or Fitz or Trent. Josh was supposed to elevate us beyond that and when he has been asked to that this year he hasn't been able to get it done. He has to get better. For the first time I genuinely believe that the clock is now ticking. 

Might it have something to do with Ken Dorsey? What are they teaching him to do? Josh doesn’t look anything like he did last year at this time. Some for the better and some for the worse.

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who pins the blame solely on Allen. He's part of the problem, but not the only one.

I agree with you 100%. But scroll through here and note the "this loss is on Allen" comments. That's all I'm referring too. 

13 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

C'mon now, Josh is easily top-3 among NFL quarterbacks named Allen.

Yup. There are 2. He is 3rd.

Just now, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Wow, I thought Allen looked decent today. Just has to figure out those deep throws, and I think it’s mostly a confidence issue. Once he hits on one deep throw, he’ll get his confidence back and start hitting on more.

It's like someone told him either our guy or nothing, dont be short into coverage. Hes gone three games without a pic now. That's something 

• Like (+1) 1

He didn't play great, but I am not putting this loss on him whatsoever.

But, does he hold any responsibility for that last shytstain of a 3rd down sequence?

That is my biggest gripe for this loss, the lack of urgency on that final fatal 3rd down sequence.

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

You're such an 

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

The o doesn’t score enough and the D does not come up with takeaways

In order to create takeaways you really need to have a strong pass rush to force mistakes by the QB. And the Bills do not. That needs to be addressed in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1