Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

15 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

This team isn't worthy of a playoff spot. Disgusting... Was going to go to the Miami game but not wasting the money now.

With today's loss, their margin for error to stay in playoff contention is small. They have to beat Miami, Denver, New York  and find one more. A loss next week ends things, I believe.

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

Well, the Bills have only beaten truly rotten teams all year, so it only makes sense that they lose to any decent team. The defense is above average but the offense is atrocious, from the QB to the OL to the receivers. The coaching is suspect to say the least as well. The whole playoff narrative depended on the Bills' spectacularly weak schedule, and unfortunately most of the weak opponents are gone. The Bills have done nothing to indicate they can win either of those 4 games.

this exactly. we have beaten the lowest of the low. best win was titans and thats when they used garbage mariota. they pulled him for a reason. we have no respectful wins

• Like (+1) 1

Bills need a new kicker.

I don't care about the extension or what he has done in the past.

Its obvious something still is not right with Hauschka after that hit from last year...mising a 53 yard FG is one thing. Being SHORT on a 53 yard FG no matter if it was online or not is inexcusable.

Especially when he can't be counted on to make shorter ones even now.

So effectively he missed 3 FGs today because McDermott decided to go on 4th and 4 when a FG would have tied the game at 12 but it would have been 50+ yards and he went for it and didn't get it.

When your kicker makes you go for 4th downs because he doesn't have the distance to make it you have to make a change...that can't happen.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, whatdrought said:

I don't see how any part of this loss is on Allen?... 

He wasnt good enough to win it for us.

He couldn't hit passes and make consistently good decisions.

The defence stopped them several times and is ranked top 3 in the league. Its not on them. I don't discount Daboll completely but for me Allen makes Daboll look worse by being so consistently inconsistent. 

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

The defense held them to 19 points... No part of this L is on them.  To be a championship caliber football team, you have to be able to score more than 20 points against the Browns, or any other NFL defense for that matter.

Josh left touchdowns on the field, that’s literally the difference in the game...

That's literally partly the difference.  Two missed FGs are the partly the difference.  So the defense didn't let Baker march them down and let Chubb rumbled for like 20 yds with half the defense on his back?   But hey, it's all Allen's fault because that fits your narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

That was pathetic...I’m pretty pissed. Obviously, the team can still get a playoff birth but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’m officially out on Josh Allen and Daboll, neither are the answer. So we are just spinning our wheels for a few more years until we give up on Allen, so depressing.

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Not a devastating loss. But if ya can’t beat the Browns not sure about Denver, Baltimore, Dallas, Pitt, NE, etc 

Baltimore D is not that good, the Pats has them on the ropes with the no huddle. I will be excited see how the Bills D handles the College style O they run with one of if not the most athletic QBs in Jackson. 

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

agree but he looked gassed on two straight carries and helped almost botch a handoff between he n Allen (also to blame) the next. Hope hes in better shape that that

Many running backs get stronger as the game goes on with more touches.

The offensive play calling was mixed, the kicker missed two FGs one he simply has to make.....

But the Quarterback has to play better. And it comes down to that to me. That is a game that we lose in an almost identical way with Tyrod, or Fitz or Trent. Josh was supposed to elevate us beyond that and when he has been asked to that this year he hasn't been able to get it done. He has to get better. For the first time I genuinely believe that the clock is now ticking. 

• Like (+1) 1