Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

  1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

    • Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
      181
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.
      6


Recommended Posts

I'm not criticizing anyone, and I suspect there are opinions going both ways.  I'd just like to know how most members feel about whether topics and posts critical of the Bills should be allowed here.   I encourage everyone to participate in the poll.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want both positive and negative comments articulated in a well thought out way.

 

I don't want to be insulted if you disagree with me.  Explain why you do please.

  • Like (+1) 19
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like the One Bills Live show, except more positive and upbeat.

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

 

 

 

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without the option to offer criticism, I think the amount of chatter on this board would shrink by half. Essentially, that's what these boards are for, griping about the team when they aren't doing so well (or in the case this season, griping despite a 6-2 record), celebrating when they're winning, speculating about prospects/free agents/trades, discussing where people think changes need to be made, etc. etc. I do agree with reddogblitz in that comments, whether positive or negative, should be at least somewhat articulate. Usually the mods will dump any threads that are like, "Allen is the worst!!! Fire everyone!" so we don't see a whole lot of low-effort posts here. I also think the mods do a great job of merging threads when a subject has had numerous new threads started. I guess maybe some people could be more conscious of that? Whenever you see some Bills news and you wanna race over here to post about it, odds are someone like Yolo has you beat, haha. So just make sure you aren't posting something that's already kickin' around on here. 

 

Other than that, I've come to enjoy this place quite a bit, probably more than the official Bills board, and even if Hapless did toss me a 3-day ban that one time! (I got a bit too grumpy about the Bills-Packers game last season), all in all it's a great board with some solid folks handling things. At least that's how I perceive it, I've never seen mods on a power trip or banning people just because they can or because they disagree. They're fair here, as long as you're not being an abusive turd or posting junk. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course criticism of the bills should be allowed. Also, criticism of the irrational over-positive people who don’t view reality properly. Also, criticism of the idiotic trolls who are overly negative because they think they’re shocking/they understand nothin of football.

 

So to answer your question, we’ve got room to critize all types round these parts.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The life blood of this forum is discussion emanating from competing viewpoints.

 

Eliminate that, and you eliminate the point of having a board.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

 

 

 

hmm, never have seen you reply to one of my posts, now i know why!. Someone quote my post so ABBA can see it!

  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, never have seen you reply to one of my posts, now i know why!. Someone quote my post so ABBA can see it!

 

 

I do have you on ignore....I like your football posts, and often peek at them, but have no interest in the PPP bickering. I do think you are a good dude, though.

 

 

 

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wants to be in an echo chamber?  Society is splitting into that already.  If I can't listen to views that are different than mine, how will I ever know if I am wrong?  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

 

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

 

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

 

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

 

It's BS.  And it's easy to see.  This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

 

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

 

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

  • Like (+1) 13
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

 

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

 

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

 

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

 

It's BS.  And.       it's easy to see.            This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

 

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

 

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

 

 

It's easy to thin the herd, though. It's not a big deal to have annoying posters, and worth it to have the freedom to post whatever you want...because it's all at your fingertips to shape the board however you like.

 

Why would you want to give that up?

 

 

 

Edited by 32ABBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a site where we sit in a circle and share our innermost feelings about what we want the site to be.  With chanting.

 

Jesus...  :wallbash:

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess for me it comes down to what criticism is. Constructive? Analytical? Absolutely!  Trolling? Paranoia? Nope.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boards like this should be for debate.  Positive and negative views, praise and criticism should be welcome.  I would hope folks would offer them with some rational basis and not just knee jerk reactions (like in the game threads.

 

Some folks are overly positive about things, some the other way.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All non-trolling contributions should be able to post, but expect to be flamed appropriately for dum-dum type threads that offer no reasoned analysis/substance. Help me to still respect the takes I don’t agree with...something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I want a site where we sit in a circle and share our innermost feelings about what we want the site to be.  With chanting.

 

Jesus...  :wallbash:

 

and loving say 

 

you’re an idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

 

and loving say 

 

you’re an idiot. 

 

What do you think I'm chanting?

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills should have drafted Patrick Mahomes

  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

 

 

It's easy to thin the herd, though. It's not a big deal to have annoying posters, and worth it to have the freedom to post whatever you want...because it's all at your fingertips to shape the board however you like.

 

Why would you want to give that up?

 

 

 

 

Hell, I'm one of the most annoying posters here.  I've taken my lumps, believe me.  I'm not saying the herd should be thinned, necessarily.  But I do believe that those who are here ONLY to disrupt should be jettisoned.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...