Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

  1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

    • Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
      181
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.
      6


Recommended Posts

I can't believe I'm reading for the censorship of facts and opinions from a sports forum.

 

oh wait, i can fully believe it these days....

 

 

what kind of person is voting to censor??

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want it to be a place where everybody knows your name. And they're ways glad you came. You want to be where you can see the troubles are all the same.

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I want it to be a place where everybody knows your name. And they're ways glad you came. You want to be where you can see the troubles are all the same.

 

Ok Norm have another beer ;) 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Negative comments CAN offend some people. What we need is a safe place with an emotional support dog

 

Image result for emotional support dog
Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I want a thumbs down button, dammit! 

What like a negative karma system?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a newbie to this site I joined  to enjoy the the opinions of the other members and to give mine in a respectful way and I expect the same in return.

Edited by Blackkat19
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I want it to be a place where everybody knows your name. And they're ways glad you came. You want to be where you can see the troubles are all the same.

 

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

 

Ok Norm have another beer ;) 


CHEERS. 

:beer:

  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Hell, I'm one of the most annoying posters here.  I've taken my lumps, believe me.  I'm not saying the herd should be thinned, necessarily.  But I do believe that those who are here ONLY to disrupt should be jettisoned.

 

 

I have been suspended for all kinds of silly posts....and even had a mod or 2 message me an insult, but I'm okay with it. The mods have a thankless job.

 

As soon as I see someone post a few disingenuous posts, they are sent to "ignore". It's easy.

 

I even had "B-Man" on ignore for awhile because his posts would have such wide spacing that the scrolling would just be ridiculous (and then someone would quote the whole post, and take up the whole page).

 

I really think there is no problem with any of this, because we all have the tools here to shape the message board to suit us, and it's easy to do.

 

 

 

 

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blackkat19 said:

As a newbie to this site I joined  to enjoy the the opinions of the other members and to give mine in a respectful way and I expect the same in return.

 

Oh, 🤬 you!!!

 

😂

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay, let's try to explain the internet to you...

 

it's a better place to learn how people lie and exaggerate and hyperbolize, than say... learning this the hard way from strangers at a bar.

 

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

 

 

I have been suspended for all kinds of silly posts....and even had a mod or 2 message me an insult, but I'm okay with it. The mods have a thankless job.

 

As soon as I see someone post a few disingenuous posts, they are sent to "ignore". It's easy.

 

I even had "B-Man" on ignore for awhile because his posts would have such wide spacing that the scrolling would just be ridiculous (and then someone would quote the whole post, and take up the whole page).

 

I really think there is no problem with any of this, because we all have the tools her to shape the message board to suit us, and it's easy to do.

 

It's not easy to get thrown out of here.  I can't think of anyone who's been perma-banned that I miss.  And I can easily point to some former members whose absence has made this a better place.

 

It's a great point that we all have the ignore feature at our disposal.  Bans should be for those, like I said, who are here only to ruffle feathers.  That's a waste of time.  And, as far as I can tell, those are the only ones who get the hook.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This place has an ignore feature ? ... Why didn't anybody tell me that ?

 

Anyway, I've never even thought of using an ignore thing because I want to hear all sides, whether they're intelligent, Humorous or just plain bizarre. Why limit peoples opinions ?

 

To each their own I guess.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frostbitmic said:

This place has an ignore feature ? ... Why didn't anybody tell me that ?

 

Anyway, I've never even thought of using an ignore thing because I want to hear all sides, whether they're intelligent, Humorous or just plain bizarre. Why limit peoples opinions ?

 

To each their own I guess.

 

come to PPP and you will rack up a pile of ignores, to the moon!!

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, row_33 said:

 

come to PPP and you will rack up a pile of ignores, to the moon!!

 

I've been there, I don't belong there, so I don't go back there.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I want both positive and negative comments articulated in a well thought out way.

 

I don't want to be insulted if you disagree with me.  Explain why you do please.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

 

49 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

 

 

 

If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

 

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Of course criticism of the bills should be allowed. Also, criticism of the irrational over-positive people who don’t view reality properly. Also, criticism of the idiotic trolls who are overly negative because they think they’re shocking/they understand nothin of football.

 

So to answer your question, we’ve got room to critize all types round these parts.

Don't leave out self-criticism! I think the board could use a lot more of that. At least, I know I'm an idiot.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The redundancy of worn into the ground topics re-threaded near daily, even hourly, adds nothing.

 

A.J. Green, A.J. Green, A.J. Green, A.J. Green, A.J. Green......

 

.....where's the tylenol ?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

This place has an ignore feature ? ... Why didn't anybody tell me that ?

 

Anyway, I've never even thought of using an ignore thing because I want to hear all sides, whether they're intelligent, Humorous or just plain bizarre. Why limit peoples opinions ?

 

To each their own I guess.

 

 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

 

come to PPP and you will rack up a pile of ignores, to the moon!!

 

 

 

Yeah, it's mostly a PPP thing. I just got tired of rereading the same arguments from multiple people, and really not anything I hadn't already read elsewhere. Some posters get fixated on an argument, and it just wears me down. I don't feel it limits my exposure to counter-arguments at all, and it's not about whether or not I disagree with them.

 

As far as the football side....some people consistently have pedestrian posts about matters I have no interest in, or don't really seem very knowledgable. There was a glut of new posters when some other Bills board went down, and that's when I made the decision to thin the herd, instead of wading through crap posts.

 

 

I would be very disappointed if I'm not on some "Ignore" lists!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

It's not easy to get thrown out of here.  I can't think of anyone who's been perma-banned that I miss.  And I can easily point to some former members whose absence has made this a better place.

 

It's a great point that we all have the ignore feature at our disposal.  Bans should be for those, like I said, who are here only to ruffle feathers.  That's a waste of time.  And, as far as I can tell, those are the only ones who get the hook.

ICE was never here to ruffle feathers, he just couldn’t control himself when he got a case of the red-ass. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen any actual issues of mods abusing power or getting out of line. The guys who run this page do a fantastic job and there are some members whose contributions on a daily basis are priceless. 
I love the back and forth on here and I enjoy seeing others points of view. And I’ve gladly admitted when I’ve been wrong in the past. 
I do see an uptick of keyboard warriors who get pretty disrespectful when someone doesn’t agree. 
If you forced me to make a complaint I guess I’d whine about having so many “look at me and my completely unoriginal post” people who HAVE to have their opinion validated instantly, but if we made people have to get approval to post I couldn’t read all the funny in jokes and funny mod explanation at the closing. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills should have drafted Patrick Mahomes

 

You did that wrong. You are supposed to start another new thread about it. 

 

Oh, and they usually say “The Bills should of drafted....”

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

 

Image result for if you meet assholes everywhere

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...