WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

If you want to believe that McDermott's quote was a shot at Whaley then Schopp's point is fair.  This Bills team has yet to distinguish itself beyond the teams Marrone and Ryan coached.  Thus, the comment was taken as evidence of inappropriate feelings of superiority.  I know, quite ironic.

• Like (+1) 3

It wasn’t as entertaining as yesterday, when Schopp was trying to argue Minshew projects as good/better than Allen, without acknowledging the potential of each respective QB, but still entertaining nonetheless. 

I think our FO views our team as a playoff team, but not a contender, yet.  They believe this offseason could be when we make that jump.   They weren’t going to jeopardize that by overpaying for guys who may/may not even be available.  Teams like Cinci didn’t even seem awake and the Jets are out here asking for a 1st and two 2nds for Jamal Adams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

....so....you just completely negate the first playoff appearance in almost 20 years?  Alright then.

That 9 and 7 team really any better than Marrone's or this year's?  I like where they sit and think they are trending up but, objectively, they have not achieved much beyond Whaley's teams yet.  And, if Josh doesn't have the capacity to keep progressing, they probably won't.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Mike Schopp and Sal got into it a little bit today.  More tension here than I have ever heard between them before.

It centers on McDermott's comment from earlier today about former "irresponsible decision making."

Start listening around the 30:00 mark.  

Pretty entertaining.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-30-hr-3-schopp-bulldog-0

Thank you.   Can’t wait to hear this.  I remember when Mike and Sal got into it over culture and tanking.  Sal was pretty passionate and then Mike kept apologizing.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

I knew MS when he was in the ROC - nice enough guy but HUGELY opinionated.....they be paying him to be that way so he is what he is.  That being said - would I listen to him?.....nope not a second.  He is what he is......love him or leave him.  I left....a long long long time ago.  Enjoy......

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Thank you Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd.

Every single team to make the playoffs (that was on the bubble) also had help from other players and teams during the season. That’s a bizarre take. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Every single team to make the playoffs (that was on the bubble) also had help from other players and teams during the season. That’s a bizarre take. 

Thank you?? 

I don’t get why people say this.  That’s like saying the Giants ONLY won Super Bowl 25 because Scott Norwood missed a kick.  Or taking away The Patriots Super Bowl win because Darrel Bevel was too stupid to call a run on the goal line.  

Every team has gotten breaks along the way. It seems dumb to always focus on the Bengals game when you could find so many other moments in other seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1