WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Please comment on the linked audio.

If you and others want to attack Mike Schopp with no regard to this thread title, please start your own thread.

I listened and my opinion hasn't changed. Loved how right after he let Sal off the air, he asked Bulldog if he thought the Bills were a better team, looking for support. BD didn't really back him up. Schopp cannot stand being wrong because he's in MENSA or whatever. When it comes to sports, he is pretty clueless.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Didn't seem heated at all. 

I get what Schopp is saying. Beane and McDermott talk about the previous regimes as if they have won something. They haven't won anything yet and maybe they should ease up on bashing previous regimes until they have at least one meaningful accomplishment. A healthy salary cap isn't an accomplishment. You don't hang banners or get rings for most salary cap space.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Schopp thinks he is a know it all and he is very disrespectful to the callers.  I don’t think he played a sport in his life. He couldn’t carry Sal’s jockstrap.

I think Schopp might have played a little tennis.

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I get what Schopp is saying. Beane and McDermott talk about the previous regimes as if they have won something. They haven't won anything yet and maybe they should ease up on bashing previous regimes until they have at least one meaningful accomplishment. A healthy salary cap isn't an accomplishment. You don't hang banners or get rings for most salary cap space.

Lets not pretend they did not totally dominate the off-season.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I just listened to it and I love that Sal put Schopp in his place!  Mike changed his tune fairly quickly. Callers don't have the opportunity that Sal was afforded. Funny listening and Bulldog just let's him get crushed.  LOL

Thx for sharing-

This is likely a small sample of the people that call in (since most of them usual ramble on about nothing) but true.

This is the scenario I have come to expect listening to them:

Schopp has a stance on a topic

Caller A points out the flaw in that stance

Schopp dismisses/hangs up/etc.

15 minutes pass

Caller B agrees with schopp on stance and adds more info to back it up

schopp didn't think of that so he brings up the counter point of caller A from 15 minutes earlier to put down caller B that agrees with him.

rinse and repeat.  

Even when people agree with him, he has to be right and someone else has to be wrong.

And good for Sal.  I'm sure he's been getting sick of having to deal with the doom and gloom every time he's on that show.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4

I heard his opening segment today before Sal got there.  Didn’t quite get why Schopp sounded so offended by McDermott’s quote. I just assumed he was trying to fill his show with a topic.  I get what McD was saying though.  Just didn’t seem like that big a deal to trigger Schopp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Disagree that he contradicted himself.

Sal was trying to compare Mike's comments about the win/loss record mattering with his policy of being pro tank, which deliberately takes on losses.  The point of the tank is to produce a team that gets the wins, Sal.  

Mike is quite a bit brighter than Sal and that's not debatable.

They represent naturally opposing forces as each has very different views on most sports related topics.

You can hear Schopp restraining himself constantly when Sal says things that you know Mike hates, if you listen enough.

Normally Mike is professional and does not go after Sal, but today he kind of did, and Sal retaliated!  Which is why I posted it here....

I found it to be quite entertaining.

This quote from McDermott today really triggered Schopp.  Mike said so himself, even using the word "trigger."

He was feisty all day and it was a good day for listening.

Intelligence (or "brighter" as you said) for the most part is subjective...hence highly debatable.  Can you provide examples demonstrating how Mike is brighter than Sal?

Edit:  didn't think so.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If you and others want to attack Mike Schopp with no regard to this thread title, please start your own thread.

Please create your own Mike Schopp hate thread and don't keep commenting here unless you actually listen to the audio and have something to say relevant to this thread.  

Thanks.

Guess we know who is Schopps account now! Lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Let's not turn this into a Mike Schopp bash thread.

Is there any other kind of Mike Shopp thread?

You post a link to Schopp being what he is and then tell people to not comment on what he is...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

A healthy salary cap is an accomplishment especially when you were in a black hole because of past decisions. Schopp likes to here himself talk. Reminds me of Mario Cuomo. Listening to either of them is like having your blowhard uncle over for Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I listened to the clip only because of reading this thread. It was nowhere near as contentious or entertaining as I expected.

Oh, and Schopp is pompous with everyone.  Sal is only pompous with some callers (he's in the process of forgetting where he came from).

You're entitled to your opinion.

As a regular listener, I can assure you that this was pretty edgy.  

It stood out, which is why I drew attention to it.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Listened to that live, got a little akward.  I don't dislike Schopp as much as others but his clap back when Sal used his own reasoning to back him into a corner was a bit much.  Sal was right, he did contradict himself.

And he started claiming the Rex teams were "measurably better" because Orton had a 300 yard passing day. :lol: Weak tea. Mike stepped in it and tried to tap dance his way out of it.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

As a regular listener, I can assure you that this was pretty edgy.  

It stood out, which is why I drew attention to it.

Sal is usually very deferential to Mike, if only to avoid dust-ups like this when Mike insists on showing everyone how smart he is.

15 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

That was pretty entertaining.  I find myself agreeing with Bulldog the most.  I like the way Beane and McD are running things better than Whaley and Rex to paraphrase Bulldog.  

What was that bit about how the current regime is not trading players at midnight while drinking red wine?

LOL.  I thought that kind of came out of nowhere.  Was there some story I missed about Whaley drinking wine late at night while making football decisions?! 

Schopp kind of called Bulldog out on that after Sal left the conversation, saying he had no reason to know how the previous regime acted or when or if they were drinking wine....and you could hear Bulldog do his usual "deep breath" routine with his breathing clearly audible. LOL.

Bulldog routinely refrains from talking while Schopp is saying something Bulldog disagrees with.  He comes across as a nice guy and a taste for confrontation is simply not within him (Bulldog that is).

Schopp is the exact opposite, which is perhaps why their pairing works.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

That wasn’t heated at all. I remember them actually having a heated debate about teams tanking in the NFL. 

You're entitled to your opinion.  That was filled with edge.  I listen all the time and have done so for years.  Schopp NEVER gets into it with Sal, even though Sal routinely says things you know Schopp positively hates.

Mike gives Sal a lot of courtesy/respect that he does not give to callers who express the same opinions as Sal.

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

A healthy salary cap is an accomplishment especially when you were in a black hole because of past decisions. Schopp likes to here himself talk. Reminds me of Mario Cuomo. Listening to either of them is like having your blowhard uncle over for Thanksgiving.

*hear* himself talk.

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Please create your own Mike Schopp hate thread and don't keep commenting here unless you actually listen to the audio and have something to say relevant to this thread.  

Thanks.

So you have a radio show and you post here? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Bulldog routinely refrains from talking while Schopp is saying something Bulldog disagrees with.  He comes across as a nice guy and a taste for confrontation is simply not within him (Bulldog that is).

Schopp is the exact opposite, which is perhaps why their pairing works.

Lapdog?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

....so....you just completely negate the first playoff appearance in almost 20 years?  Alright then.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1