Darnold played so bad tonight he basically gave the Pats Defense it’s new Name.

Protocal69

3 hours ago, cage said:

Darnold went 11-of-32 for a career-low 86 yards, was sacked once for a loss of 13 yards and tied a career-high with four interceptions against the NFL's best defense.  This board would be on page 32 of this thread already if Allen had a game like that.... add another 10 pages and 3 separate threads that would need to be shut down on a mic'ed up comment about "seeing ghosts"

If you go to the Jets boards, you’ll see those types of threads.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Darnold was even mic'ed up for this game by ESPN and was caught admitting in the first half that he was "seeing ghosts" in the pocket. It was evident. Darnold threw off his back foot at an alarming rate, sometimes even in a clean pocket. All four of his picks were hideous throws, and two of them were red-zone ducks into the end zone that resulted in easy grabs for the defender.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/10704/sam-darnold

....LAMO....."seeing ghosts".....and Casper had four picks......

3 hours ago, cage said:

Darnold went 11-of-32 for a career-low 86 yards, was sacked once for a loss of 13 yards and tied a career-high with four interceptions against the NFL's best defense.  This board would be on page 32 of this thread already if Allen had a game like that.... add another 10 pages and 3 separate threads that would need to be shut down on a mic'ed up comment about "seeing ghosts"

You are forgetting the strip-sack fumble, sir.  All things considered, it was the worst QB performance in the history of the National Football League.  Fortunately for the Nyets, this draft will be a good one for QBs.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

You are forgetting the strip-sack fumble, sir.  All things considered, it was the worst QB performance in the history of the National Football League.  Fortunately for the Nyets, this draft will be a good one for QBs.

so you're saying Darnold might be Rosen'd?

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Even Booger had trouble believing what he was seeing--with about 11 min to go in the 4th, he was basically pleading with the Jets to mercifully yank Darnold from the game...as in, what was the point in keeping him out there? On one drive in particular, 3 straight passes to absolutely no one--a total meltdown of epic proportions that makes Peterman look like a solid starting option! 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The sign of a franchise qb is how you bounce back next game.

I dunno, I think the sign of a franchise QB is never looking that scared and spooked on the field in the first place.  Good lord.  It was so painful to watch I actually felt sorry for the kid.

At least Allen was running around trying to make plays, even if his decisions were suspect.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I am very happy. I have never been happier about a patriots victory. It’s a weird feeling, and I need a shower. 

I feel this way as well.  I'm glad no was watching me enjoy that game the way I did.  I need some space away from football for a few days.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I dunno, I think the sign of a franchise QB is never looking that scared and spooked on the field in the first place.  Good lord.  It was so painful to watch I actually felt sorry for the kid.

At least Allen was running around trying to make plays, even if his decisions were suspect.

As another poster said, it's hard to gauge the QBs who have played against this defense so far.  

I'm actually eager to see the Pats play Baltimore and Dallas for that reason.  Those are two upper-echelon NFL offenses.  

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Booger had trouble believing what he was seeing--with about 11 min to go in the 4th, he was basically pleading with the Jets to mercifully yank Darnold from the game...as in, what was the point in keeping him out there? On one drive in particular, 3 straight passes to absolutely no one--a total meltdown of epic proportions that makes Peterman look like a solid starting option! 

I think at the end, Darnold was intentionally throwing it out of bounds and to unoccupied parts of the field in order to avoid the humiliation of another pick.  Never seen anything like it.

• Like (+1) 1