Darnold played so bad tonight he basically gave the Pats Defense it’s new Name.

Protocal69

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Never said he was. But he was alot closer to a high end QB than low end

And that's the thing, no one said he was low end. He was a viable NFL starter. That's what I see Darnold's ceiling as. 

Just now, H2o said:

And that's the thing, no one said he was low end. He was a viable NFL starter. That's what I see Darnold's ceiling as. 

I'm not ready to say Darnold will suck because of yesterday's performance

Belechick has been doing that to young QBs for over 20 years.. 

Though it's not a great sign

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

This game came to mind, but he had one less INT and still threw for over 200 yards. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007121610/2007/REG15/eagles@cowboys

And then there was this gem Romo was putting together before he got pulled against the Panthers the year they, the Panthers, ended up in the SB

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015112601/2015/REG12/panthers@cowboys

Yes, yes they have. This all originated from my comparison of Darnold to Romo. That is EXACTLY who I see when I watch him play. Romo had a decent career and I expect Darnold to have a decent career, but watching Darnold play is like watching #9 in a Cowboys' jersey all over again. 

Romo never had a game like Darnold did last night, and he was never reduced to a quivering puddle of tears like Darnold was during that game last night.  Darnold is a bum and all his teammates know it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not ready to say Darnold will suck because of yesterday's performance

Belechick has been doing that to young QBs for over 20 years.. 

Though it's not a great sign

All of these guys are young. Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, it's hard to pin where any of them end up right now. They've all had some good games and they've all had some bad. Jackson's is made up for in a sense by the fact he can gash your defense for 150 on the ground any given day. Josh Allen can get you some yards on the ground as well, but he also has a flair for the dramatic as he comes up clutch when the team needs him. Mayfield has all the talent in the world, but he needs to check himself, stfu, and just play football. Darnold is likely the most polished of the group at the moment(if there is a thing), despite his atrocious performance last night, and has the potential to be good as well. You can't judge any one of them on a single performance right now, especially one against this year's Pats defense. I expect Lamar to have a completely s*** game against them as well. You have to look at the entire body of work as they continue to learn on the fly and look for growth. I can see growth in Allen, I can see growth in Jackson to a certain extent, I see regression in Mayfield at the moment, and Sam looks no different this year than last imo. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

All of these guys are young. Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, it's hard to pin where any of them end up right now. They've all had some good games and they've all had some bad. Jackson's is made up for in a sense by the fact he can gash your defense for 150 on the ground any given day. Josh Allen can get you some yards on the ground as well, but he also has a flair for the dramatic as he comes up clutch when the team needs him. Mayfield has all the talent in the world, but he needs to check himself, stfu, and just play football. Darnold is likely the most polished of the group at the moment(if there is a thing), despite his atrocious performance last night, and has the potential to be good as well. You can't judge any one of them on a single performance right now, especially one against this year's Pats defense. I expect Lamar to have a completely s*** game against them as well. You have to look at the entire body of work as they continue to learn on the fly and look for growth. I can see growth in Allen, I can see growth in Jackson to a certain extent, I see regression in Mayfield at the moment, and Sam looks no different this year than last imo. 

If you arent progressing in the NFL you ARE REGRESSING

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mayfield and Kitchens head to Foxborough this week.  That ought to be fun.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Image result for what does that even mean gif

Okay champ, we'll just have to disagree on this one. :thumbsup:

You can't figure out what that means?

All the players in the NFL try to improve every single day. They work on something everyday

You are either progressing or regressing in the NFL. There is no plateau because the best players improve their game daily and sets them apart

So you either keep up or your are set back. Progress or regress

This isnt about 1 player or game either , it's a seasons body of work...

The players who last in the league get better everyday, the ones who don't last , do not 

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can't figure out what that means?

All the players in the NFL try to improve every single day. They work on something everyday

You are either progressing or regressing in the NFL. There is no plateau because the best players improve their game daily and sets them apart

So you either keep up or your are set back

Some guys have been the same guy for years. Great, good, middling, or just ST guys their whole career. It doesn't mean they don't work to try and get better, but some guys are just who they are. It also doesn't mean they are regressing. In a QB's case it also does not mean they are regressing if they don't seem to take a step forward every single game. Like we already established, there will be good days and there will be bad days. You hope for more good than bad and you look for growth in your QB. From your statement, if they aren't better every time they step on the field then they are going backward. It's dumb.  

Edited by H2o

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Some guys have been the same guy for years. Great, good, middling, or just ST guys their whole career. It doesn't mean they don't work to try and get better, but some guys are just who they are. It also doesn't mean they are regressing. In a QB's case it also does not mean they are regressing if they don't seem to take a step forward every single game. Like we already established, there will be good days and there will be bad days. You hope for more good than bad and you look for growth in your QB. From you statement, if they aren't better every time they step on the field then they are going backward. It's dumb.  

You actually quoted me while I was still editing my response to get my working right

I agree and said it's specifically not a 1 game meter, it has to be over a whole body of work. If a young QB looks worse than he did the season before over a whole body of work it's regression

I've been a student of the game my whole life I understand 1 game doenst make regression.. but I do know the greats work on their game everyday to improve

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You actually quoted me while I was still editing my response to get my working right

I agree and said it's specifically not a 1 game meter, it has to be over a whole body of work. If a young QB looks worse than he did the season before over a whole body of work it's regression

I've been a student of the game my whole life I understand 1 game doenst make regression.. but I do know the greats work on their game everyday to improve

Well my apologies then and the bold are some things we do agree on. :thumbsup: 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Well my apologies then and the bold are some things we do agree on. :thumbsup: 

Nice talk

And don't get me wrong I know what you're trying to say about Romo

The bobble snap is what alot of people will remember him for, thank God I hate the cowboys

• Like (+1) 1