Jump to content
BrycePaup4ever

Was the Music City Miracle lateral legal? No bias, please answer honestly

Recommended Posts

I wish it was in HD because it is grainy, but looking at it frame by frame (ya i need a life) i think it was legal by an inch or two. I also wonder why Wade even called a timeout before the FG kick. How often is there a bad snap where they cover it up and try again?Seemed like karma for Wade or Ralph for benching Flutie. Off the record, i dont think the special teams coach deserved to be fired over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like you said, legal or illegal it was by a matter of inches. Complete judgement call and impossible to overturn the call on the field. Should have put them away before that happened anyways. It was not the Bills best game. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it was forward...you can see even by the trajectory the ball is moving slightly forward

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to back crazy threads?!?

 

If you don't think it was a forward lateral , go jump through a burning table

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still seems like it was illegal, but only just barely.  No excuse for the Bills' ST not to cover that.

Edited by The Red King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

I wish it was in HD because it is grainy, but looking at it frame by frame (ya i need a life) i think it was legal by an inch or two. I also wonder why Wade even called a timeout before the FG kick. How often is there a bad snap where they cover it up and try again?Seemed like karma for Wade or Ralph for benching Flutie. Off the record, i dont think the special teams coach deserved to be fired over that.

 

 

First the annual Could Bama .... thread.  Now this.

 

Whatchya drinkin'?

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter said he had the best view on earth in the stadium and said it was money definitely a forward pass

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice thread starts, kid. 

 

Phil Luckett couldn't get this right, and he couldn't get a coin flip right either. 

 

No bias, but the Bills got hosed.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let it go....please...

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Wycheck was directly between the 24-25 yard line when he released the ball.

 

Kevin Dyson catches the ball on approximately the 26 yard line.

 

Do the math and you tell me.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1)I believe it was forward.

2) If that game is played in buffalo, it called a forward pass.

3) If Flutie starts it not even close, and never comes to that.

4) Why not just kick the ball out of the end zone? Please!!!!!!!!  Our defense was playing well.

5) If he win that game with Flutie as our QB we win the Superbowl.

6) I always disliked meddling owners and Ralph was the worse.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

 

5) If he win that game with Flutie as our QB we win the Superbowl.

 

 

No.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been called. Then the review should have stood because there was not sufficient evidence to overturn.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Frank Wycheck was directly between the 24-25 yard line when he released the ball.

 

Kevin Dyson catches the ball on approximately the 26 yard line.

 

Do the math and you tell me.

It is the ball the matters, not the position of the person. When you watch the ball it is super close. But I don't get why an official didn't call it because it APPEARS to be a forward lateral because of that very issue.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Definitely NO GOAL.

No goal! That really sucked too!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJS said:

It is the ball the matters, not the position of the person. When you watch the ball it is super close. But I don't get why an official didn't call it because it APPEARS to be a forward lateral because of that very issue.

 Because the official would of been killed by time he got back to his Nashville hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...