Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

5-1 over 300 yards passing any day of the week.

And I want us to be 5-1 as well over big stat lines every week. What I am saying is this game should be Allen's first 300 yard passing game of his career. They gave up 300+ and 5 TD's to Lamar Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

For once, I'd like to be developing our Quarterback to be Elite some day. I want to win of course, that's a priority over everything else. If the opportunity presents itself, light up the stat lines. How many of the Quarterbacks, that we consider elite, have done that to our weak defenses over the years? You aren't the least bit curious if Josh Allen can put up those kinds of numbers?

The Bills have had pretty good pass defense going back the last 10 even 20 years

Our run defense has let up more 200 yard games than 400 yard passers I'd assume over the last 10-20 years

Edited by Buffalo716

Miami have terrible run defense. 

if anything we need to pound Singletary and Gore. maybe finally have Allen connect on a deep ball. 

29 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I think the bills should absolutely use some of the games coming up, to pad Josh Allen's season long stats. Gain some respect from national media.

the national media doesn't care about QB's throwing for 300 yards. esp against the dolphins. wins are more important. 

Tuning up the running game will do well to prepare for a December Schedule that includes Baltimore at Home and Pittsburgh and New England on the road.  This team is going to need a solid running game at the end of the season.  Also, Colts running game was a key to time of possession and keeping Mahomes on the bench.

19 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

For once, I'd like to be developing our Quarterback to be Elite some day. I want to win of course, that's a priority over everything else. If the opportunity presents itself, light up the stat lines. How many of the Quarterbacks, that we consider elite, have done that to our weak defenses over the years? You aren't the least bit curious if Josh Allen can put up those kinds of numbers?

Honestly, I don't care what his stat line looks like.  Just keep making good decisions and win.     Josh is still very young and learning to play in this league.  He's got 16 games under his belt and he was someone a lot of people said needed years to develop.  IMO the coaches are doing everything right with him... developing him to be a well-rounded QB.  We haven't seen this before... but part of that is developing game plans that don't require him to put up 300 yard passing games.  It's a process ?    He's developing into a solid, winning QB. That's all I want to see. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PJBrown7 said:

I really don’t know why everyone is enamored with a 300 yard passing game? The formula we have currently, about 250 in passing and100 -150 in rushing seems to be working since we are 4-1. I’m just fine with good balance.

The 300 yard passing game, are the kinds of numbers the best QB's in the league throw for.

6 minutes ago, dous21 said:

Miami have terrible run defense. 

if anything we need to pound Singletary and Gore. maybe finally have Allen connect on a deep ball. 

the national media doesn't care about QB's throwing for 300 yards. esp against the dolphins. wins are more important. 

Of course wins are more important. But if Allen's numbers are mediocre against this terrible team, most Bills fans will definitely care about that.

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

And I want us to be 5-1 as well over big stat lines every week. What I am saying is this game should be Allen's first 300 yard passing game of his career. They gave up 300+ and 5 TD's to Lamar Jackson. 

If we're up 14 points and Josh is at the 200 yard mark then forget it. Daboll will run the ball into the ground until the clock reads 00.00. Can he hit 300? Hell Yeah ! But it's not the way this offense runs. We're also not a " run up the score" type of team. 

I wanna see the defense get a couple turnovers, Singletary get 10-15 carries and a few screen pass opportunities, Allen connect on a few passes down the field

They need to start scoring in the 20s.  They’ll need to in the 2nd half of the season.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Just now, CardinalScotts said:

not interested in fantasy ....get the win. I don't care if he gets the percieved monkey off his fantasy geeks backs and throws for 301 or 298 or 238

Aaaaand I believe you are the first one who mentioned FF at any point in this thread. :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, H2o said:

Next up on the schedule after the bye week, the Miami Dolphins. A team that is tanking, even though they won't admit they are tanking. Not really going out on a limb here with this, but if ever there were a game where Josh should be over 300 yards with 3 or more TD passes then this is it. It would also be nice to see Allen get his first 300+ yard passing game while not committing any turnovers in the process. It's almost haiku time everyone. :beer:

Good game to adjust his sights on long throws. When applicable of course.

10 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Get a 2 score lead and coast.  I really think the fish will struggle to move the ball ?

NO!

I hate that.  I want them to try to score every possession with the game plan that is in place.  Score and score again.  Then score some more.  And when they have given up, score again.  Winners don't coast.  Losers coast.  Losers do their best.  Winners go home and ***** the prom queen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1