Concussion hypocrisy

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What about the throw back helmet? That Buffalo is just standing there minding his own business. Would we be exempt if we revert to the standing Buffalo?

Yes.  Same for the Pats old logo and Oilers/Titans.  The change toward forward motion is clear.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Have you seen the head shots?  Josh got knocked for a loop.  The defender often turns their head down at the last moment just like....a ram.

The other factor is that so many games are televised and these guys have probably all watched Ram games.  

But Jones' helmet has a goofy caricature of a guy in an ancient cap slamming against Allen. Ref couldn't possibly eject Jones with such a harmless head scratching gesture

• Haha (+1) 1

Our QB has a concussion and obviously the problem is way bigger than just one player.  The NFL acts like it cares and we all complain about the lack of penalties, or excessive penalties, or selective enforcement but take a step back and look at the big picture.

I think any lawyer worth his salt could put the NFL in serious jeopardy w.r.t. their attitude towards concussions and leading with the head.  How?  The Los Angeles Rams.  Look at their helmet.  I'm not sure if everyone has seen nature shows about actual Rams but those things slam their heads together at an alarming rate of speed.  How can the NFL reconcile the Rams helmet, which clearly encourages leading with the helmet with their supposed concern for player safety.  You could make a case that some other helmets give the illusion of forward motion but the Rams is BLATANT.  Don't be surprised if this ends up in a case somewhere.

Other, lesser culprits could be seen in the helmets of the:

Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks.

Pats helmets are fine.  Brady baptizes them with magic water before every game.  

The inappropriateness of Tampa's entire brand can't be overstated.  They're not just encouraging helmet-to-helmet hits, they're offering a bounty for them - a buck an ear.

• Haha (+1) 1

Our QB has a concussion and obviously the problem is way bigger than just one player.  The NFL acts like it cares and we all complain about the lack of penalties, or excessive penalties, or selective enforcement but take a step back and look at the big picture.

I think any lawyer worth his salt could put the NFL in serious jeopardy w.r.t. their attitude towards concussions and leading with the head.  How?  The Los Angeles Rams.  Look at their helmet.  I'm not sure if everyone has seen nature shows about actual Rams but those things slam their heads together at an alarming rate of speed.  How can the NFL reconcile the Rams helmet, which clearly encourages leading with the helmet with their supposed concern for player safety.  You could make a case that some other helmets give the illusion of forward motion but the Rams is BLATANT.  Don't be surprised if this ends up in a case somewhere.

Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks.

B-

Bettis in that commercial, being a former Ram, is interesting.  It's probably nothing but could be a subtle hint at something.

Probably the NFL but a modified  the game. QBs, RBs, WRs, Kickers, TEs, KRs would have flags

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

OP is from Indiana....  Coincidence, i think not?

Careful now.  I live just outside Indy but of course grew up in WNY. 

One can only presume the OP is currently suffering from a concussion to put that post together.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Tell the truth, you’re in The Protocol, aren’t you? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I almost thought you were serious,  love the sarcasm!B-)

Clearly the way around this is to rename all the teams to have 'softer' sounding names and logos on the helmets.

We could have the:

Kansas City Kittens

Miami Marshmallows

Tennessee Teddy Bears

Buffalo Bunnies

Washington Sheep Skins

Seattle Slippers

and we'll change the Chargers to the LA Slow, Careful Approachers

@crayonz u kill me 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Clearly the way around this is to rename all the teams to have 'softer' sounding names and logos on the helmets.

We could have the:

Kansas City Kittens

Miami Marshmallows

Tennessee Teddy Bears

Buffalo Bunnies

Washington Sheep Skins

Seattle Slippers

and we'll change the Chargers to the LA Slow, Careful Approachers

Sheep Skin is offensive to me. It glorifies the skinning of innocent animals for use in cloth and prophylactics. 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Drugs are bad, mmmmmkay?