Concussion hypocrisy

Our QB has a concussion and obviously the problem is way bigger than just one player.  The NFL acts like it cares and we all complain about the lack of penalties, or excessive penalties, or selective enforcement but take a step back and look at the big picture.

I think any lawyer worth his salt could put the NFL in serious jeopardy w.r.t. their attitude towards concussions and leading with the head.  How?  The Los Angeles Rams.  Look at their helmet.  I'm not sure if everyone has seen nature shows about actual Rams but those things slam their heads together at an alarming rate of speed.  How can the NFL reconcile the Rams helmet, which clearly encourages leading with the helmet with their supposed concern for player safety.  You could make a case that some other helmets give the illusion of forward motion but the Rams is BLATANT.  Don't be surprised if this ends up in a case somewhere.

Other, lesser culprits could be seen in the helmets of the:

Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Just now, CLTbills said:

seriously?

Have you seen the head shots?  Josh got knocked for a loop.  The defender often turns their head down at the last moment just like....a ram.

The other factor is that so many games are televised and these guys have probably all watched Ram games.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Seriously and 4merper4mer don't often go hand in hand...

I mean we're going to say that team mascots have a G.D. thing to do with concussions?

Mods... close this thing.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Have you seen the head shots?  Josh got knocked for a loop.  The defender often turns their head down at the last moment just like....a ram.

The other factor is that so many games are televised and these guys have probably all watched Ram games.  

OK....

What in the holy hell does that have to do with the team's mascot?

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I mean we're going to say that team mascots have a G.D. thing to do with concussions?

Mods... close this thing.

OK....

What in the holy hell does that have to do with the team's mascot?

A mascot is a mascot, I get it.  In sports, some of these have violent imagery like Raptors or Sabres, some don't like Jazz or White Sox.  That's all good.  But the Rams are an animal with one go to move.  Head to head contact with a big windup.  The teams helmet doubles down on this.  

33 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

What about the Colts?  I wouldn’t want to be hit in the head with a horseshoe. 

There is no implied motion on the Colts helmet like there is in some other helmets including ours.  I guess it could be debated one way or the other but the Rams is blatant.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

A mascot is a mascot, I get it.  In sports, some of these have violent imagery like Raptors or Sabres, some don't like Jazz or White Sox.  That's all good.  But the Rams are an animal with one go to move.  Head to head contact with a big windup.  The teams helmet doubles down on this.  

I guess the Bills helmet with the Buffalo on it would qualify as well huh