Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

At least you have something to be happy about.

I'm not blaming Allen entirely. Brian Daboll Is a clueless hack and never puts Allen in good positions to succeed. 

he thinks he has Drew Brees back there 

24 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

so much for improving his completion % this year 

took a total nose dive in the last 3 weeks. 

Ge your glasses checked buddy.

Josh is right where I figured he would be too. 58-60% range. He might be around there for his career with a few years around 61-63%. If he is at 63% or higher he’ll be having an MVP type season.

Not getting this Allen hate. Much improved this year that can't be solely measured by the comp %. He needs consistency but hit some big passes today against the leagues leading D. He has the heart of a winner and I see good things for him.  We should have won this game today.  The 3 and outs killed us. 

Lots to like about his improvements... decreasing INTs and TOs; better command of the offense; and his ability to read D and audible. He's still too slow reading the field. When you watch Brady, Allen's problems are amplified. Brady's entire game is, and has been, knowing exactly where to go with the ball and going there immediately or moving on quickly to #2. But the accuracy is and will continue to be his fatal flaw. Part of it is his slow reading the field and then trying to rifle the ball in late with bad mechanics from a bad platform. But the miss to Knox amplifies the national media's contention, and mine, that he'll never be accurate. And if you're OK with that today's game is the perfect reason why you can't CONSISTENTLY with a QB like this. He lost the game that disgusting miss to Knox, a pass Brady made earlier. Everyone gets hung up on the good and wow plays but they are outweighed by the bad, by the pathetic misses, by the brutal downfield accuracy, and the lack of touch. 

The only way this can work, imo, is they need to get a better and more athletic OL that allows for a) a better run game and b) a godforsaken screen game. Jesus, a screen game is  a must and for some reason, which I think is the lack of mobility by this line, it doesn't exist. Those are a) easy throws and yards and b) help the overall offense by being more dimensional. 

In the end, I think this is a QB that sticks around but is mediocre. This team's Tannehill/Winston/Bortles, not horrible enough to throw to the curb, not good enough to get you far so they ride him out through his 5 years and move on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Lots to like about his improvements... decreasing INTs and TOs; better command of the offense; and his ability to read D and audible. He's still too slow reading the field. When you watch Brady, Allen's problems are amplified. Brady's entire game is, and has been, knowing exactly where to go with the ball and going there immediately or moving on quickly to #2. But the accuracy is and will continue to be his fatal flaw. Part of it is his slow reading the field and then trying to rifle the ball in late with bad mechanics from a bad platform. But the miss to Knox amplifies the national media's contention, and mine, that he'll never be accurate. And if you're OK with that today's game is the perfect reason why you can't CONSISTENTLY with a QB like this. He lost the game that disgusting miss to Knox, a pass Brady made earlier. Everyone gets hung up on the good and wow plays but they are outweighed by the bad, by the pathetic misses, by the brutal downfield accuracy, and the lack of touch. 

The only way this can work, imo, is they need to get a better and more athletic OL that allows for a) a better run game and b) a godforsaken screen game. Jesus, a screen game is  a must and for some reason, which I think is the lack of mobility by this line, it doesn't exist. Those are a) easy throws and yards and b) help the overall offense by being more dimensional. 

In the end, I think this is a QB that sticks around but is mediocre. This team's Tannehill/Winston/Bortles, not horrible enough to throw to the curb, not good enough to get you far so they ride him out through his 5 years and move on.

Why keep a mediocre QB around.  I hope the Bills don’t wait that long.  Trade him to a team with the proper talent around him and a real offensive coordinator.  Then the Bills can go another 20 years of QB carousel and let another talent leave Buffalo to go thrive somewhere else.  Might as well be the Dolphins part deuce! SMH

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Why keep a mediocre QB around.  I hope the Bills don’t wait that long.  Trade him to a team with the proper talent around him and a real offensive coordinator.  Then the Bills can go another 20 years of QB carousel and let another talent leave Buffalo to go thrive somewhere else.  Might as well be the Dolphins part deuce! SMH

You're being sarcastic but there's a real point here.

When evaluating a QB, you might say there's a "type 1" error and a "type II" error.

the Type I error is the Drew Brees mistake.  San Diego felt he genuinely couldn't play after not particularly handling him well for 3 years, so they drafted Philip Rivers - just in time to see Brees turn it on, be named "Comeback Player of the Year" and play on a franchise tag for a year before leaving in FA.  There's no question since then Brees >>> Rivers.

the Type II error is the Mark Sanchez mistake.  There were rumors in his year 3, that he still had gaping holes in his QBing skills.

I don't know where Josh Allen will land yet.  He misses throws he could make.  He also has guys not help him out - not come back for throws they could get, not give him time.

I was pretty upset that we chose to draft a QB and not put a real OL in front of him and a real corps of playmakers around him.

I don't know what Allen is yet.  I don't think Allen know what he is yet.  But my concern is that we don't have enough around him to find out.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're being sarcastic but there's a real point here.

When evaluating a QB, you might say there's a "type 1" error and a "type II" error.

the Type I error is the Drew Brees mistake.  San Diego felt he genuinely couldn't play after not particularly handling him well for 3 years, so they drafted Philip Rivers - just in time to see Brees turn it on, be named "Comeback Player of the Year" and play on a franchise tag for a year before leaving in FA.  There's no question since then Brees >>> Rivers.

the Type II error is the Mark Sanchez mistake.  There were rumors in his year 3, that he still had gaping holes in his QBing skills.

I don't know where Josh Allen will land yet.  He misses throws he could make.  He also has guys not help him out - not come back for throws they could get, not give him time.

I was pretty upset that we chose to draft a QB and not put a real OL in front of him and a real corps of playmakers around him.

I don't know what Allen is yet.  I don't think Allen know what he is yet.  But my concern is that we don't have enough around him to find out.

Re Allen It's so bipolar it's maddening. I don't know what to say. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Three sub 60 completion pct games in a row smh

Allen & the Bills O have played 5 top 10 defenses in a row.  Three of these D's are top 5.  Three of the 5 games were on the road.  And while Allen hasn't lit things up he has played very solidly.  He's scored 9 TD's and had only 3 TO's.  The Bills record after these 5 games is 3 - 2.

Allen has shown significant improvement this season.  With more help on the O and continued improvement next year he will IMO be a top 5 - 10 QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen & the Bills O have played 5 top 10 defenses in a row.  Three of these D's are top 5.  Three of the 5 games were on the road.  And while Allen hasn't lit things up he has played very solidly.  He's scored 9 TD's and had only 3 TO's.  The Bills record after these 5 games is 3 - 2.

Allen has shown significant improvement this season.  With more help on the O and continued improvement next year he will IMO be a top 5 - 10 QB in the NFL.

So we’re happy with beating crappy defenses but not good ones ... sounds like a recipe for success