JLO and Shakira to perform Super Bowl halftime show

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Perform what?

A lesbian scene??

And just like that my decade long streak of boycotting Superbowls that don't include the Bills comes to an end

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

Until AC/DC does the halftime show I'm not watching!

That bands in a world of hurt these days...…. Such a sad turn of events.  One of the greatest though

I’m not sure if either is particularly relevant in the current music scene. JLo is 50 and Shakira is 42. If they are going for sex appeal, I’m curious what demographic they are targeting. Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones?  I’m not even a little bit curious to see their show.

• Haha (+1) 1

My musical tastes are pretty eclectic: from Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix & Buddy Guy to Kitaro, Ricky Lee Jones and Les Mis (10th Anniversary).  But I've never intentionally listened to a Shakira or JLo song in my life.

That said, I think these are fine choices for the SB.  Neither is a big enough headliner anymore to be center stage at the biggest party in the world, but together they make a formidable act.  I personally don't watch the halftime show for the quality of the music.  It's more for the spectacle of it all.  

Halftime shows tend to be a good family bonding moment.  Not everyone in my family likes football, but we all watch the halftime show and talk about it afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1