Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

- Look what <insert national media name> said about the Bills!!!

But it is fun to think of all the new names for "idiot" that we come up with for the national media pundits. That, and if we started getting too much love and respect the world as we know it would come to an end.

- The refs are screwing us again!(this happens more after a loss).  

Well - they do.  In all fairness "the Saints" have taken over the top spot on the secret list of teams they maintain to poop on each season that we KNOW exists.

- Ralph was a great owner(revisionist history).

Ralph is cheap.

- Any post referencing “process”.

We have a process to help cure you of this process-mentioning intolerance.

- Brady is a system QB. He’s just not that good. 

Not disagreeing, the few times we have beaten NE it has been with someone else under center - Brady is like having another OC on the field. I still want my Bills to punch him in his 42 year old va-j-j and cannot wait for him to retire already.

Edited by WideNine

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) Whose fault was it that they had a lame duck GM??

2) And yet almost every new regime starts with a new GM and new HC and they very often pick a QB first!...........and they don't always fire all of the scouts.    You don't seem to even know how the system works but you are insistent that I abide your perception of context. :lol:

RIP @The Big Cat

It's almost like you didn't even read what I wrote. I specifically stated that bringing in a new GM, an entirely new scouting staff, and expecting them to do 12+ months worth of work in 3 months and make a franchise-altering decision like selecting a QB is unrealistic. 

Keep beating that dead horse, though.

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

”We should have never gotten rid of....”

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

You're an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

People who are always trying to speculate that a different draft pick or a different play call would have definitely changed something in the Bills favor are falling into believing the fallacy of a predetermined outcome.

There are always way too many variables involved that could have changed the outcome to assume one change would make a difference.

The we should have drafted Mahomes crew is a prime example of this.

Just saying that if the Bills had taken him doesn't guarantee that the Bills would be seeing the same results.

Would he have played right away, who knows how much that year sitting helped his development?

Would he have been successful in whatever offense the Bills put him in?

Would he have had enough talent around him?

We will never know the answer so to sit around and speculate that the Bills somehow messed up there is wasted energy.

After a win, some people will mention things about a player or the team that still need work, or perhaps there was a lucky break.  They will quickly get scolded by other people who just want to “enjoy the win.”  I disagree. If there are observations that are fresh in your mind, even if they are negative and the team won, that’s still important.  It’s as if people think the coaches will tell the players, “You won, relax, there’s nothing to work on in practice this week.”

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

After a win, some people will mention things about a player or the team that still need work, or perhaps there was a lucky break.  They will quickly get scolded by other people who just want to “enjoy the win.”  I disagree. If there are observations that are fresh in your mind, even if they are negative and the team won, that’s still important.  It’s as if people think the coaches will tell the players, “You won, relax, there’s nothing to work on in practice this week.”

Critiques are normal and expected.  They make for great discussion and, obviously, every week we'll all see things that could have been done better.

Then there are crusades ............ those are much different.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Situations where you literally trade away the pick used on perhaps the NFL MVP of the next generation when you desperately needed a player at that position are so incredibly rare that yeah.........you can expect to hear about it for a while.

I mean the Colts traded away Elway but that's because he refused to sign with them.    Same with the Chargers and Eli Manning.    Mahomes has started out far better than both of those guys.   Just doing it by mistake is an astounding error that you at least should find gallows humor in if nothing else.:lol:

But on the plus side..............the "we traded up for JP Losman when we could have used that pick we traded on Aaron Rodgers the next year" story is rendered entirely obscure by comparison.

will hearing about it change anything? nope.  I think it's those that wont seem to let go, constantly bringing it up are hurting more more then those who are tired of hearing it.

I find gallows of humor in those that are still riding mahomies jock. so kc will go on to win multiple superbowls and mahomie will surpass marcia as the g.o.a.t.

good for kc fans, oh and for those mahomie fans still riding his jock.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Flutie would have beaten the Titans.

He would have.

I think if at the time a player was available for the draft that you want  buffalo to take him, then you can say we should have taken him into perpetuity.  I wanted us to draft Watson in 2017, so, I will say we should have taken him :).

The one I hate most -" We aren't ready to win this year.  Maybe in 2022. "

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Whaley’s team in 2015 had a lot more talent than this year’s Bills team, he just missed on the QB.

I will never...NEVER understand the love that some Bills have for Doug Whaley.  You’ll see thousands of excuses defending him.  Some even going far out of their way to make excuses for Whaley.

Like every Bills GM since Butler stepped aside (yes this includes Russ Brandon), he had some hits and misses.  But overall DW had no vision and ZERO idea how to build a team long term.  He seemed over his head - which he probably was.  Also it’s no coincidence that he hasn’t found his way back in the NFL.  

I’m very glad they moved on from Doug - I only wish this move was done earlier in the year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

It's almost like you didn't even read what I wrote. I specifically stated that bringing in a new GM, an entirely new scouting staff, and expecting them to do 12+ months worth of work in 3 months and make a franchise-altering decision like selecting a QB is unrealistic. 

Keep beating that dead horse, though.

No I'm just not ignorant enough to believe that you need 12 months to evaluate a class of 6-7 college QB's.

Do you realize how long an offensive cut up of an NCAA game is?  Minutes.   You can watch and evaluate every snap of all of those players in that class in a manner of days and then you've done nearly all you could have done in the first 8 months.:doh: 

And Beane was juggling two front office jobs at once that offseason..........I expect he could have handled it.:lol:

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No I'm just not ignorant enough to believe that you need 12 months to evaluate a class of 6-7 college QB's.

Do you realize how long an offensive cut up of an NCAA game is?  Minutes.   You can watch and evaluate every snap of all of those players in that class in a manner of days and then you've done nearly all you could have done in the first 8 months.:doh: 

Clearly, your talents are being wasted at whatever job you're currently doing. 

You should quit at once and become a scout or other front office personnel in the NFL. It's clear you have the expertise and confidence. Don't waste another minute.

• Haha (+1) 3

this is for the fellow lurkers.

please stop quoting a op that has a huge story. you read through a huge op then have to constantly scroll through it multiple times throughout the replys. most the time its to add a 1 sentence reply. if you reply its obviously towards the topic of the op.

not like this op is a good example, but you all know what im saying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1