Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

”We should have never gotten rid of....”

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Most of the people here are Bills fans, but if you are like me and read these forums or scroll Twitter during the week (especially on game days), then there are repetitive comments that likely get on your nerves made by Bills fans.  

The past two weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of these patterns.  How about you?

”We should have never gotten rid of....”

There’s a bit of revisionist history with a lot of Bills fans.  Anytime an ex-player has a good (or even marginally good moment), some fans will pine for a former player, without considering any context and in some cases...logic.  Last year there were people who were legitimately lamenting the loss of Nick O’Leary, Seantrell Henderson, and Tyrod Taylor.  Last week everyone was upset that the Bills moved on from Shady because he ran for 81 yards.  This week he was back to his usual 2 yards a carry.  Ditto for Sammy.  I’m sure if Logan Thomas makes a catch, someone will be like “We never should have gotten rid of Logan Thomas!”

”We should trade for __________”

Anytime there is a big name player looking for a trade.  Fans immediately want the Bills to make a move - no matter how illogical the trade might be.  There were a lot of people who would have been happy to see the Bills trade high draft picks for Jadaveon Clowney who is a 1 year rental.  How many people want a trade for Melvin Gordon, again a 1 year rental, who is going to want a phat contract.  Not gonna happen.  Yet I see a lot of comments for people who want and legitimately think the Bills should trade for Gordon.  

“You’re not a true fan if you criticize the Bills.”

I belong to a Bills Facebook group where many members scolded other for posting previous comments about how bad the Bills were playing.  LOL.  To some Bills fans any criticism is off base.  I don’t agree with that 

Or some fans seem to believe thay every player that is cut or hits the waiver wire, should be scooped up by the Bills. 

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The Mahomes ***** is tiring.

Yup, this ^^^^^

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Dick Jauron is a lot like Bill Belichick, he just needs more time.

Corollary seen a lot in GDT:

Sean Jauron.

As if McDermott is ANYTHING like Jauron. Absolute idiocy, stemming from the idiot-in-chief who shall remain unnamed.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

This.

As far as I can tell, it will go on until the end of time. 

Ugh.

Situations where you literally trade away the pick used on perhaps the NFL MVP of the next generation when you desperately needed a player at that position are so incredibly rare that yeah.........you can expect to hear about it for a while.

I mean the Colts traded away Elway but that's because he refused to sign with them.    Same with the Chargers and Eli Manning.    Mahomes has started out far better than both of those guys.   Just doing it by mistake is an astounding error that you at least should find gallows humor in if nothing else.:lol:

But on the plus side..............the "we traded up for JP Losman when we could have used that pick we traded on Aaron Rodgers the next year" story is rendered entirely obscure by comparison.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

You honestly don't wonder about this at all?

I do considering down the home stretch Flutie's lead offenses in his last 5 games were averaging 17 points a game which got a big inflate with 31 against the Cardinals. 

Edited by The Jokeman