Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thronethinker

Singletary Update??

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, CommonCents said:

You honestly don’t think he pulled his hamstring? Or you just messing around? 

 

 

He was just acting giddy because he was thrilled that the Bills beat the Giants and his nemesis Ric Ocasek finally passed on the same weekend...........he really holds grudges.:thumbdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, snafu said:

 

Wow, you've got the vision of an NFL running back? Kudos, bro!!

 

 

It's quite obvious I'm talking about the way the two RBs tend to hit the hole quickly.(which is RB's vision) Pretty stupid remark by you. But kudos to you too bro for the silly post.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm sure someone posted this somewhere but this is the most violent 1 yard TD run I've ever seen.  

 

Can someone please dub JR's voice to this:

 

 

 

That's a 16-year veteran welcoming a rookie LB to the NFL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MDH said:

 

Ideally the Bills will keep moving the split up until it's somewhere around 10-15 for each guy. They're a nice, complimentary duo and I think it's better to ease Singletary  in this year and then let him completely take over next year.

 

I was referencing if Singletary had to miss an extended amount of time.  I’m fine with the two splitting carries, just would be worried if we had to lean on Gore more if Singletary had to miss time with this hammy injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

 

It's quite obvious I'm talking about the way the two RBs tend to hit the hole quickly.(which is RB's vision) Pretty stupid remark by you. But kudos to you too bro for the silly post.

 

No *****, Sherlock.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snafu said:

 

No *****, Sherlock.

 

 

 

Oh you get it now? Didn't seem that way with your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh you get it now? Didn't seem that way with your post.

 

I was making a joke based upon your putrid grammar.  I got what you were trying to say.

And by the way, Singletary's style is nothing like Jackson's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

I was referencing if Singletary had to miss an extended amount of time.  I’m fine with the two splitting carries, just would be worried if we had to lean on Gore more if Singletary had to miss time with this hammy injury. 

I’d wish they’d use Yeldon a little more. Especially as a receiver out the backfield. I’d rather see him than Dimarco 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

McDermott is measured in his words.  Day-to-day means he’ll probably play Sunday. 

That would be my guess 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snafu said:

 

I was making a joke based upon your putrid grammar.  I got what you were trying to say.

And by the way, Singletary's style is nothing like Jackson's.

 

Well you failed miserably at that. And yeah I disagree. I think they way they find the lane and break tackles make them similar. So just disagree then

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Philo Beddoe said:

 

So rest him for Cincy sounds like? Probably don't need him anyway, Bengals defense not looking sharp to start the season.

One of the things I love most about the current culture of the Bills is that they take nothing for granted. I know Cinci isn't anything resembling a power house but almost (almost) any NFL team is capable of pulling one out of its butt every so often. The Bills did it vs the Vikings last year. 

 

McBeane & Co don't allow themselves the luxury of considering any opponent a "gimme". That's why this team is going to be very special. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I’d wish they’d use Yeldon a little more. Especially as a receiver out the backfield. I’d rather see him than Dimarco 

 

Me too, Yeldon really looked like a weapon at times in preseason, so be nice to see him get more looks as a receiving back to see what he can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Except that’s not how he’s been used.  He’s been used like any other RB, not just tough short situations.  He had 19 carries on Sunday and yet we had very few down and short scenarios.  

 

I get get what you are saying, but that is just not accurate on how he’s been used or why his ypc is bad to start the year.  

 

His rushes yesterday:

4,4,1,8,9,4,8,2,4 this is into the 3rd quarter

0,1,1 all 3 of these carries were at the goal line 

3,3,9,3,6,-2 all when the giants knew we were trying to kill clock

 

At the start of the game he went 9 carries for 44 yards or 4.88 ypc. For the game when you add in the clock killing runs and the goal line runs his average goes way down to 3.77.  3 carries for 2 yards will really bring down an average but none of us should care since it got a td.  

 

Down and short scenarios:

He got 8 yards on 2nd and 7 first down

He got 9 yards on first and 10,

4 yards on 2nd and 1 first down

8 yards on first and 15

4 yards on 2nd and 1, first down

9 yards on 2nd and 8, first down

6 yards on 2nd and 7

 

That is 7 of his rushes either getting a first down or creating very manageable down and distance.  I even left of the first down rushes for 4 yards which created 2nd and 6 which I would count as a productive run.

 

I stand by my original assertion that ypc won't be a good indicator for him in a lot of games.  He was successful at the start of the game and in the middle of the field. 

 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, snafu said:

 

I was making a joke based upon your putrid grammar.  I got what you were trying to say.

And by the way, Singletary's style is nothing like Jackson's.

 

He said “vision” (as in seeing the field) not “style” (being running style) two different words with different meanings, if you’re gonna get grammar picky... ya gotta be able to follow the sentence wording. Now go have a beer 🍺🍺 and chill out bro, no pouting allowed 😁

 

Go Bills!!!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, section122 said:

 

His rushes yesterday:

4,4,1,8,9,4,8,2,4 this is into the 3rd quarter

0,1,1 all 3 of these carries were at the goal line 

3,3,9,3,6,-2 all when the giants knew we were trying to kill clock

 

At the start of the game he went 9 carries for 44 yards or 4.88 ypc. For the game when you add in the clock killing runs and the goal line runs his average goes way down to 3.77.  3 carries for 2 yards will really bring down an average but none of us should care since it got a td.  

 

Down and short scenarios:

He got 8 yards on 2nd and 7 first down

He got 9 yards on first and 10,

4 yards on 2nd and 1 first down

8 yards on first and 15

4 yards on 2nd and 1, first down

9 yards on 2nd and 8, first down

6 yards on 2nd and 7

 

That is 7 of his rushes either getting a first down or creating very manageable down and distance.  I even left of the first down rushes for 4 yards which created 2nd and 6 which I would count as a productive run.

 

I stand by my original assertion that ypc won't be a good indicator for him in a lot of games.  He was successful at the start of the game and in the middle of the field. 

 

Bad O line and all that, but if you look at Shady’s game logs last year you’ll see a bunch of negative yardage runs - probably the primary reason they decided to bring in Gore. You don’t sustain drives by moving backwards. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm sure someone posted this somewhere but this is the most violent 1 yard TD run I've ever seen.  

 

Can someone please dub JR's voice to this:

 

 

I love me some Frank Gore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section122 said:

 

His rushes yesterday:

4,4,1,8,9,4,8,2,4 this is into the 3rd quarter

0,1,1 all 3 of these carries were at the goal line 

3,3,9,3,6,-2 all when the giants knew we were trying to kill clock

 

At the start of the game he went 9 carries for 44 yards or 4.88 ypc. For the game when you add in the clock killing runs and the goal line runs his average goes way down to 3.77.  3 carries for 2 yards will really bring down an average but none of us should care since it got a td.  

 

Down and short scenarios:

He got 8 yards on 2nd and 7 first down

He got 9 yards on first and 10,

4 yards on 2nd and 1 first down

8 yards on first and 15

4 yards on 2nd and 1, first down

9 yards on 2nd and 8, first down

6 yards on 2nd and 7

 

That is 7 of his rushes either getting a first down or creating very manageable down and distance.  I even left of the first down rushes for 4 yards which created 2nd and 6 which I would count as a productive run.

 

I stand by my original assertion that ypc won't be a good indicator for him in a lot of games.  He was successful at the start of the game and in the middle of the field. 

 

 

Again, this is the same for all primary RBs.  They all run at end of games to chew clock, they all get short yardage situations...they still finish with better than 4 ypc.  He is at 2.8 ypc on the year with his best day at 3.6 ypc.  Are you going to go now and back out all short yardage and clock chewing carries from all other primary RBs?  If you did there would be a heck of a lot of them who average 5 ypc or more then.  

 

I like Gore being here, not about that, but I’m still concerned about him being a big part of the offense.  He looks slower than he did last year so far IMO.  And Singletary has been a substantial spark to our offense both weeks.

 

Im fine with Gore being out there and in a rotation, but I wouldn’t feel good about the idea of having to lean on him if Singletary is out a while.  He could still get rolling more, just commenting on what we have seen from him thus far.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Steptide said:

Imo singletary should be carrying the ball 15-20 times per game. Don't know why he's not 

 

Considering he only got one partial season of NFL nutrition and training I think using him less often is wiser but run him until he pukes if you want.

 

The NFL season is a lot longer than college especially in playoffs are involved.

On 9/15/2019 at 4:54 PM, Bills2ref said:

I am actually on the opposite spectrum. If you rest him against Cincinnati, rest him against New England. The odds of winning that game is so slim, no reason to rush him back for it. 

 

What a good idea!  The Bills treat it like a preseason game, not do any planning and allow P*ts to bring any extra recording gear they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

He looked like toast when he buried his shoulder in that linebackers chest and bulldozed into the endzone for sure.

 

He looked like a toaster not toast.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Me too, Yeldon really looked like a weapon at times in preseason, so be nice to see him get more looks as a receiving back to see what he can do.

 

IMO, Yeldon has one skill set--receiving--so you'd basically be tipping your hand as to what the play is.   

 

I'd rather spread the field and run four WRs, like they've been doing a lot of this year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

 

IMO, Yeldon has one skill set--receiving--so you'd basically be tipping your hand as to what the play is.   

 

I'd rather spread the field and run four WRs, like they've been doing a lot of this year....

 

He does have some skill at running although probably not as good as our QB.  I wonder how good his arm is on a flea flicker to Allen.

Rushing & Receiving

  Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career
2015 22 JAX RB 24 12 12 182 740 2 45 4.1 61.7 15.2 46 36 279 7.8 1 67 3.0 23.3 78.3% 6.1 218 4.7 1019 3 0 7
2016 23 JAX RB 24 15 13 130 465 1 16 3.6 31.0 8.7 68 50 312 6.2 1 17 3.3 20.8 73.5% 4.6 180 4.3 777 2 2 5
2017 24 JAX   24 10 0 49 253 2 58 5.2 25.3 4.9 41 30 224 7.5 0 20 3.0 22.4 73.2% 5.5 79 6.0 477 2 2 3
2018 25 JAX rb 24 14 5 104 414 1 20 4.0 29.6 7.4 78 55 487 8.9 4 37 3.9 34.8 70.5% 6.2 159 5.7 901 5 1 5
2019 26 BUF   22 2 0 0 0 0 0   0.0 0.0                     0   0 0 0  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

McDermott is measured in his words.  Day-to-day means he’ll probably play Sunday. 

Pretty sure he said that the last few weeks about Andre Roberts and Taron Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...