Minkah Fitspatrick on the trade block - he's going to Pitts for their first LOL

Reed83HOF

9 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Would a second get it done and if so would any of you give up a second for the 11th overall pick last year who had a decent rookie year?

A 2nd is about fair vs his former draft status, look what Rosen brought back. 

That said, he looks to be an inside corner, not really the outside guy the Bills could use.  I wouldn't trade a 2nd for that position.  If they see a guy that can play outside or slide to FS, then yeah thats fine.  If theres one think I know, McDermott has forgotten more about DBs than I'll ever know, so that's all him.  

Its a great value IF he's the player you want/need and you can pull him for a second.  That's 4 years of high end play at mid tier money for a 2nd round pick.  I could see a contender being willing to fork over a first if they see a difference maker, a low first round pick for a high end contributor makes sense, but again, thats not the player I see him being. 

51 minutes ago, mannc said:

The scary thing is, if they aren’t in love with any of the QBs, the Dolphins could trade out of the number 1 overall pick and get another huge haul, with the idea of tanking again for Lawrence in 2021.

Woof.. great point.  I have to think there will be a HUGE pressure from the NFL to tell them to get it together, this is embarrassing.  If they have the balls to tread it, maybe it doesn't matter.  If they could pull another high first and second this year, plus a 1st and chenge from next year to trade out, they would have SO much ammo, but then again, they could go a Raiders and not net anything with it.. risky business.

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They're trading there 1st round pick 11th overall a year later. ?

It's really strange. Flores seemed to have a bone to pick with him from the moment he was hired. He changed his position and keeps moving him around and Minkah has performed poorly. 

However, Minkah and his mommy have been talking a bit too much so this ends up being a wise move. It's a "Go ahead and try to get a trade for a high price and see no one wants you at the cost of a 1st round pick"

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane and McD find corners working at Wallmart that come in and make plays

One of the nice things about our team situation.....our cap flexibility and ability to find talent......Levi Wallace for instance.

There are going to be our own players that are going to need to be paid soon

keep in mind, he's in the 2nd year of his 4 year (with a 5th year option)  rookie deal with an annual cap hit of 4-5m. We could trade for him, use his services for 3-4 years, and then cut bait. Nobody says we have to extend him. If he was in the last year of his deal, I'd say hell no. But if they think he's an upgrade, there's almost no risk to it.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

keep in mind, he's in the 2nd year of his 4 year (with a 5th year option)  with an annual cap hit of 4-5m. We could trade for him, use his services for 3-4 years, and then cut bait. Nobody says we have to extend him. If he was in the last year of his deal, I'd say hell no. But if they think he's an upgrade, there's almost no risk to it.

Fitzpatrick seems like a tremendous talent. Another high calibre DB. I like what you are saying...interesting possibility.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they saw what we did and want to be us.

But they aren't doing what the Bills did. This is pure fire sale. This is more like the browns model

The Bills traded Watkins and Darby, but got back picks and a starting WR and CB. They got value a viable replacement. I think that allowed players to buy in more to the "process" It wasn't a tank. It was a rebuild for furture and present.

Beane and McDermott played it beautifully if you ask me. Even if Allen doesnt work out, their plan and execution has been overall excellent

• Like (+1) 2

Best case scenario is the Dolphins tank this year and become enamored with Tua or Herbert. 

I want them nowhere near Trevor Lawrence in 2021. 

Regardless, I don’t see it feasible for an NFL team to tank 2 years in a row.  This isn’t the NBA.. guys can get seriously injured every game.  You can’t ask for 2 straight years of taking under that premise.   

...and if they tried to, I think the NFL may look to the NBA and begin the motions of implementing a lottery system to prevent it. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

But they aren't doing what the Bills did. This is pure fire sale. This is more like the browns model

The Bills traded Watkins and Darby, but got back picks and a starting WR and CB. They got value a viable replacement. I think that allowed players to buy in more to the "process" It wasn't a tank. It was a rebuild for furture and present.

Beane and McDermott played it beautifully if you ask me. Even if Allen doesnt work out, their plan and execution has been overall excellent

yeah that is a better assessment but Allen is working out, book it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It hasn't worked for the Browns, yet. I question Kitchens as a HC. 

Yeah, me too. During the off-season Browns hype, my thought was always, "this is a first time head coach with a bunch of monstrous egos at some important positions." So far it seems like he doesn't have a real tight grip on things given their 18 penalties (20 if you count the two that were declined) last week. Lot of combustible personalities on that roster and even though Cleveland gets some love on this board, I kinda wanna see them implode. Mayfield is kind of a dbag, OBJ is turd, Landry throws cheap shots that end careers, etc. It'd be hilarious to watch them turn into a trainwreck after all the hype they got in the off-season.

I don't think Miami especially wants to be rid of him, but apparently Minkah wants out.  Surprise, Surprise!   Under those circumstances, Miami is willing to trade, but only if a trading partner is willing to overpay.  Of course, that means Buffalo will not be involved in the bidding.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't think Miami especially wants to be rid of him, but apparently Minkah wants out.  Surprise, Surprise!   Under those circumstances, Miami is willing to trade, but only if a trading partner is willing to overpay.  Of course, that means Buffalo will not be involved in the bidding.

Most likely accurate, but he could damn near firce his way out if he really wanted to.  It would be hard to believe they would trade him in division, but you never know, a pick is a pick and Buffalo's will probably be higher than most teams that would take the shot.