The Bills Blog

I think the Bills might be the Patriots' toughest opponent this year.

38 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Pats might hang 40 on them before halftime. It will be close until right after the coin toss. 

Hell the pats could beat them by a hundred. Honestly. They’ll win by 40 or more with the pats starters sitting the entire 2nd half

52 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm telling you call me crazy but the Dolphins will give the Patriots all they can handle this weekend and then some

Yes NEs offense will be exhausted from scoring 100 points.  That will be all they can handle.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was ecstatic coming home from the win over the Jets... then I made the mistake of turning on the Sunday Night Game. They look disgustingly good this year 🤬

This last Sunday, the Patriots were 30 points better than the Steelers. The Bills were 1 point better than the Jets.  Most observers think the Steelers are better than the Jets.  

While they wont see them until playoffs, I am guessing the Patriots fear the Chiefs more than the Bills. 

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm telling you call me crazy but the Dolphins will give the Patriots all they can handle this weekend and then some

Pats seem to catch their at Miami game pretty early in the year and sometimes have  a melt down.

Hope the heat index hits 95 and the fins are eager to make amends for last week.

When the Patriots crash, it will be hard, into a smoking hole. Not at all gentle. It will be partially induced by Karma - like Robert Kraft enabling child prostitution and, more recently, their inviting the cancer that is Antonio Brown onto their team.

I was very interested to see that NE blew out the Steelers. Over the last 8 years, most of the Patriots regular season losses have been concentrated in September and they've been blown out in some of those losses. The big win tells me they have bloomed a bit too soon this season and will in turn wither down the stretch.  And that the Steelers are done.

Bold Prediction: Bills sweep the bastards and win the East. And they'll beat Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I actually don't think your crazy here.  Sure the odds favor the Pats by 35 points and I wouldn't bet a dime that the Dolphins will cover whatever spread emerges BUT remember last year after the Bills went 0 - 2 and folks were debating whether they could beat Alabama?  And they were going to Minnesota, a potential Super Bowl team, in week 3?  How many people had them up on the Vikings 27 - 0 at half?  Zero, nada, nyet! 

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Um.  No they won't.

I think New England has a shot at 60+ points.

59 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I was ecstatic coming home from the win over the Jets... then I made the mistake of turning on the Sunday Night Game. They look disgustingly good this year 🤬

I thought they looked better than last year's iteration, even without Gronk.

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

if the Bills are the Patsies hardest matchup,  then that really says something about the NFLs scheduling.

Or nothing at all!

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m betting they don’t see it that way...

I'm not so sure. Belicheck definitely is fully aware of what has been built over 3 years. I actually agree with OP. I think we are the most complete and deep team in the game , at least in the AFC , besides NE. 

You can go to any other AFC teams and find several glaring holes , you don't see this with this rosters talent and the culture that has been built. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hers my wacky take....every year the whole civilized world picks the Pats demise. This year everyone thinks the Pats have it in the bag because of AB. I think the football gods will get it right and It would be poetic justice if the one year nobody picks their demise is the year that Brady gets hurt. He has been healthy since 07. His time has come. The odds will strike. 

Can you imagine the intense energy in the stadium if Brady went down with a major injury during a Bills game??

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

The conclusions made after one week of the NFL season...-_-

The age of never-ending analysis is out of hand.  

Let's perhaps wait until the quarter pole of the schedule.  You know, when Buffalo actually plays the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

The chiefs cant stop a cold as the saying goes- going nowhere again but hey great FANTASY numbers

This is such a dumb comment. The Chiefs were in the AFC Championship game and lost in a one possession game to the team that won the Superbowl.

One team wins the Superbowl per year, that doesn’t mean the rest of the teams are “going nowhere.” The Chiefs are one of the premier teams in the league. Try watching it some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Familiarity usually causes tight games between division foes, but furthermore, the Bills defense has been practicing against a version of the New England offense for a long time. Add in the fact that last year's Patriots games were decently competitive (before the Bills' talent influx and the growth of JA), and I think signs point to the Bills games being the toughest of the year for the Patriots. I'm looking forward to them.

The Patriots MIGHT beat us twice and might go 16-0, but I don't think they'll beat us three times. 😏😉

The Pats ran the ball down our throats last year, don't think that will work as well this year against this "D".

I am thinking those games with NE are going to get UGLY...especially all the "roughing the Brady" calls we are going to get if any of our d-linemen lay a glove on him. Allen is the "X" factor, it is his athleticism that Belichick can't predict - his ability to make people miss and extend plays or pick up a 1st with his legs. Teams will continue to scheme some zone underneath to take away the quick plays against the cushion and man at the sticks to force Allen to hold it, and expect a LB or Safety to spy Allen to prevent him from taking off.

NE would be pretty vulnerable to screens if we could execute them, would like to see how they cover the jet sweep if their corners are playing off, some of those counters and plays where we pulled Morse to help seal the edge would give Singletary room to make plays. Should stop, as I am getting ahead of myself :)

G-men are next up, and we just need to win that game.

We are the Cheats B word until we beat them with Marcia at the helm in a game that counts (hint: last time was Fitzy's contract game).

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Dolphins will give the Patriots more touchdowns than they can handle. 

As in pick-sixes and fumble returns? 😂

16 hours ago, hemma said:

Pats seem to catch their at Miami game pretty early in the year and sometimes have  a melt down.

Hope the heat index hits 95 and the fins are eager to make amends for last week.

Miami is always a tough place to play