Tony Gonzalez turned down trade to the Bills?

24 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I just heard Tony Gonzalez on radio with Colin Cowherd. He was talking about AB and mentioned that when he went from KC to Atlanta, the Bills tried to get him to come there but he declined.  That is the first I have heard of that. Was that common knowledge?

Yeah it was common knowledge.......we were a little chapped about that on TSW.........thought we were destined for the playoffs after the fast start.       

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Alpha, unless we were born and raised here...man, we probably all wood have.

BTW, nice grab by Zay on Sunday.

?  

Yup very true...sadly for me, I was not born and raised in B-lo, and never even been there.  I chose this pain when I lived in 49er country with the hey day of Montana and then Young...hahaha

And lol on Zay, which grab you referring to...the -2 yard one or the 20 yard one on his way to 2 rec (on 5 targets) and 18 total yards on a day Allen threw 37 times hehe :nana: 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the better part of the last two decades I suspect many players turned us down.  We, if things proceed well will see this change, I believe it is starting to trend in the right direction, this seasons success will mend a lot of that problem.

Go Bills!!!

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

we didn't have a QB back then and we were part of 15 years of complete suckitude. Players like Tony weren't going to waste their twilight years with Buffalo

It was a valid rationale to add Gonzales to prop up Trentative

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

So we hate him, right?

Well, it is kind of fresh, since I just found out about it, but I think I can force myself to let it go and move on.  Here's to hoping our seemingly endless quest for a competent TE is finally over.

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

quick someone start a story of how Tom Brady never wanted to come here..

then the hate would be unanimous    !!   :lol:

It already is unanimous. He made fun of our hotels.