Henry Anderson cheap shot. UNREAL

4 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

this guy isnt some knucklehead neanderthal running around out there like a crazed dog,  hes a Stanford guy.  he knew what he was doing.

if the NFL is really serious about protecting players,  and especially QBs,  there should be punishment.      open and shut case.

Yep. It’s out there. The refs missed it (because Hank was crawling out of view of the ref), but the NFL should fine him. And the media should press Cheapo Greggo on the topic. 

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

What WILL the league do?

I say this might actually net 1 game suspension. But, with the cheap shot Gronk did on White netting nothing, I can't say for sure. Should be at least a 2 game suspension, even though the league doesn't give af about cheap shots or horrid officials when the Bills (or other small market teams) are the victim.

Gronk did get suspended 1 game for the cheapshot on Tre.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Thanks, for the correction. I still feel that was very low, considering he injured White.

Honestly, it was criminal and so was this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

This is a long-standing problem and at this point, I really blame the Bills for letting this to continue to happen.

If the players on the field don’t have the nuts to watch each other’s backs, then there really is one simple fix. Sign some Aaron Hernandez style goon to our PS 2 weeks before the next Jet’s game. Make his only job clear to him. Call him up for Jets game and have him Bridgewater one of Anderson’s knees. As a bonus, offer him a position as the team pastor if he does both knees.

Sssooooo.... we dog a dude for a nasty cheap shot and its really our own fault.... and the solution is us getting a goon to take a cheap shot?! Should this really have to be pointed out? Then we are as bad as them and thats just for starters.  Ill just leave it at that as i shouldnt even need to explain the rest..

Edited by gobills1212

2 hours ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL has completed its investigation into the play involving Henry Anderson of the New York Jets and Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills, and have concluded no fine or suspension is warranted.

Seems a little inconsistent, Roger. I wouldn't argue for a suspension, but not fining him has the odor of bias. It's hard to argue that the tape doesn't show an intentionally illegal hit. Other players have been fined for less.

Pretty disappointing.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure what to make of that, only thing that makes it more suspicious is Greggo being the DC

Edit: Rewatched, it was an attempt at a cheapshot, although a weak one

Same guy who lit up our kicker away from the play last year...you don't get off the ground and take a 3 yard dive into the back of a QBs knees when the ball is gone - accidentally.

I have no words, guys like this I would tell my boys to send a message - if the league does not do enough a crack back block or two may help clarify the boundaries.

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

And it still literally makes me sick to think he only got one game for that attack, and that Patriots fans applauded him for it.  Just like how Jets fans are applauding Anderson for his cheap shots.

*edit*

Actually half of Pats fans applauded him, the other half claimed it wasn't intentional, like he clumsily slipped and fell on him or something. 

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes what Gronk did was super dangerous and he should have gotten way more than one game. But it was a heat of the moment thing in a violent sport, not like he did it as an habit or with a long thought process (it is Gronk after all ha ha).

Here it IS deliberate, not a retaliation move, an intent to injure, and with what he did to Hauschka last year, and again, mostly with the Bounty dude as DC of the Jets that was at first banned indefinitely, there HAS to be an investigation by the league and punishment handed down. I hope the Bills Brass are on it. I mean what is worse than a blatant attempt to injure your starting QB?

40 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Yes what Gronk did was super dangerous and he should have gotten way more than one game. But it was a heat of the moment thing in a violent sport, not like he did it as an habit or with a long thought process (it is Gronk after all ha ha).

Here it IS deliberate, not a retaliation move, an intent to injure, and with what he did to Hauschka last year, and again, mostly with the Bounty dude as DC of the Jets that was at first banned indefinitely, there HAS to be an investigation by the league and punishment handed down. I hope the Bills Brass are on it. I mean what is worse than a blatant attempt to injure your starting QB?

I would have supported charges being brought against Gronk.  The "heat of the moment" defense works for many cases imo, slamming a guy's head into the ground when he's laying face down after a play is not one of them.   When you cause injury on top of it, f gronk. 

14 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

This is a long-standing problem and at this point, I really blame the Bills for letting this to continue to happen.

If the players on the field don’t have the nuts to watch each other’s backs, then there really is one simple fix. Sign some Aaron Hernandez style goon to our PS 2 weeks before the next Jet’s game. Make his only job clear to him. Call him up for Jets game and have him Bridgewater one of Anderson’s knees. As a bonus, offer him a position as the team pastor if he does both knees.

I agree. Can’t always take the high road.  Put in a backup lineman like Ike  in to take him out. He had no problem punishing kiko for his cheap hit. 

It’s up to us fans to make a big deal out of it.  It’s 2019, it’s easy to cause a stir that gets noticed by the media. 

14 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

the Kelly Era had some men of talent who nobody was going to push around. Leonard Smith was my all-time Bills favourite in this capacity.

direct cheap shots are not a good thing in general, the peanut gallery on here CALLING for cheap shot injuries is real bad karma... 

Edited by row_33

20 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Sssooooo.... we dog a dude for a nasty cheap shot and its really our own fault.... and the solution is us getting a goon to take a cheap shot?! Should this really have to be pointed out? Then we are as bad as them and thats just for starters.  Ill just leave it at that as i shouldnt even need to explain the rest..

What have the Bills done to resolve this issue. I see 2 potentially career ending cheap shots that have gone unanswered. Haus probably didn’t know where he was for days after that hit and Allen’s knees could’ve been mangled. All for no good reason. 

So, tell me, what steps have the players or the organization done to prevent any recurrent instances? This would never stand in hockey, as the players actually protect their teammates and football is arguably a much more violent sport. I’m not for injuring players because we “hate” them or to gain an unfair competitive advantage. Again, why has this player’s behavior emerged as an established pattern? People usually say “ I’ll leave it at that” when they can no longer form an effective argument. I’m going to side with Cordarrelle on this one. At least he knows where nuts are located. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL has completed its investigation into the play involving Henry Anderson of the New York Jets and Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills, and have concluded no fine or suspension is warranted.

Who are going to believe? The NFL or your lying eyes! ?

Edited by Rocket94