O-line concerns alleviated...

Dopey

Since the beginning of training camp, my concern coming into the first 3-4 games of the season has been the o-line. I love the off-season pick ups and drafting Ford. My concern is with so many new faces and moving parts, how long will it take for them to gel? Morse being out for most of the training camp has to be a factor. Considering the talent the Jets have on the D-line and it being their 1st game together, we did a pretty good job. I think we're going to see one hell of a line once they get a few games together under their belt.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Why so many concerns? We’re fans, there are people whose job it is to worry about these things. 

Let them put in the work. Just enjoy the games. It’s not like any amount of us stressing/worrying will affect the outcome. 

Yeah let’s dumb it down boys!!!  

Where is my food bowl????

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

O line should gel as the season goes on. Morse just saw his first live action since last season. Ford started his first game in the NFL- I truly believe he is better suited for guard. Let him maul on the inside in Incognito fashion.  Overall line play was pretty decent- at times Allen had a real nice pocket and 3rd and 4th quarter there was some big holes in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Why so many concerns? We’re fans, there are people whose job it is to worry about these things. 

Let them put in the work. Just enjoy the games. It’s not like any amount of us stressing/worrying will affect the outcome. 

First of all GO BILLS! and I salute your fandom!  You do you and be just as positive and happy as you like!

But this is a discussion board.  That means generally, discussion - not discussion limited to positive comments and raves.

We won by 1 point.  A number of us made resolutions to go have that cardiac stress test we've been putting off during the game.

It was wonderful that we pulled off something that less than 0005% of teams (or something like that) have done in the history of the NFL, but the folks who say "that's not sustainable" and want to talk about the limitations and problems they saw are perfectly on point, especially when they're specific about it and not just regurgitate some pablum like "Allen sucked in the 1st half"

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, it's not like I was losing sleep or abusing my kids over this. Just thought this would be a good topic to bring up. I had concerns over the line, but wasn't near the ledge, ready to jump. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

I mean, it's not like I was losing sleep or abusing my kids over this. Just thought this would be a good topic to bring up. I had concerns over the line, but wasn't near the ledge, ready to jump. 

I’m with you, I was concerned they’d be a mess to start the season. I expected the entire offense to be ugly, which it was for the most part. The line held up 100x better than I expected though 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m with you, I was concerned they’d be a mess to start the season. I expected the entire offense to be ugly, which it was for the most part. The line held up 100x better than I expected though 

Should get better over the next few weeks. We do need to find our top 5 and stick with them.

• Like (+1) 2

I thought they held up really nicely in pass protection. The run blocking was a bit spotty. They certainly opened a couple of nice holes for Motor, but they struggled a fair bit too. Particularly when the Jets knew they'd be running the ball (which is the toughest time to do it). Hopefully a little more time to gel will help. The fact that they've shown they are willing to throw the ball should also keep teams from loading up the box. 

I'd love to see Ford at RG and Ty at RT next week. 

40 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You shut your ***** mouth.  How I worry and stress is the sole reason they win and lose games!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I noticed an immediate difference in comparison to last year. There was more team work amongst the lineman and their technique and nastiness was better than any point last season. Just think, they can only get better barring major injuries.

Edited by JackKemp
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

I noticed an immediate difference in comparison to last year. There was more team work amongst the lineman and their technique and nastiness was better than any point last season. Just think, they can only get better barring major injuries.

It's almost as if they got rid of their out-of-touch PoS OL coach and replaced him with someone who demands aggression and replaced the nonsense/weak players like Bodine and DuCasse with actual pro players.

Speaking of - how did Bodine do last night?  Did he even play?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First of all GO BILLS! and I salute your fandom!  You do you and be just as positive and happy as you like!

But this is a discussion board.  That means generally, discussion - not discussion limited to positive comments and raves.

We won by 1 point.  A number of us made resolutions to go have that cardiac stress test we've been putting off during the game.

It was wonderful that we pulled off something that less than 0005% of teams (or something like that) have done in the history of the NFL, but the folks who say "that's not sustainable" and want to talk about the limitations and problems they saw are perfectly on point, especially when they're specific about it and not just regurgitate some pablum like "Allen sucked in the 1st half"

Do Patriots or Steelers fans act like this when come back and win a game like this in the 4th qtr. Do they go to the stats book to see that only 0.005% of teams come back after 4 turnovers or do they go we're down 2 score with 18 to go. We can do this. 

We keep hearing how special this locker room is, how united they are. I'm ready to believe in them and trust the process. I'm old enough to remember the way the 4 SB team was built and this team reminds me of that. Relax and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1