Cody Ford was bad - again & again he was while at RT

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly never understood why scouts thought of him as anything else.  His film looked obvious.  Could be a pro bowl guard.  Cant play tackle well.

I had him graded as my #1 guard prospect. I did have him marked as having tackle flex and I wouldn't abandon it yet but he is struggling. The truth is our interior guys played pretty well today. 

On 9/8/2019 at 4:20 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Maybe he gets moved in to guard

No maybe's.

That said, NYG blitzed on virtually every shotgun snap in the second half.   There was a LOT of poor passblocking to go around in this game...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2

Man you guys are ruthless.  

The kids learning on the job, this is the offensive line and the best way for him to learn is to play and have tape to watch with his coaches. I’d be much much more concerned if this was week 6 or 7. Have a little bit of patience we’re 2-0. The team looks great so far even though it’s against 2 below average teams 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had him graded as my #1 guard prospect. I did have him marked as having tackle flex and I wouldn't abandon it yet but he is struggling. The truth is our interior guys played pretty well today. 

I think he can flex out in a pinch, but his body style is perfect for guard.  He is also athletic and gets out well when pulling.   Problem is Feliciano is playing his butt off. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think he can flex out in a pinch, but his body style is perfect for guard.  He is also athletic and gets out well when pulling.   Problem is Feliciano is playing his butt off. 

Yea he doesn't get into the best interior 3 at this moment. Neither he nor Nsekhe is killing it at RT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/8/2019 at 4:12 PM, Reed83HOF said:

Cody played horribly at RT today. I posted this in a few threads, but this near INT from Allen was the result of Ford getting smoked (just one example). Allen should have checked down to Knox on this throw, but Ford needs to improve.This is why Nyscke was in at the end

if you cannot spell Ty Nescje correctly you have no validation.

Kids a rookie get off his jock

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Our tackle play today was poor. Dawkins was below average and, Nsekhe was poor and Ford was awful. 

One might create a thread about Dawkins if they felt like bicthing

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No maybe's.

That said, NYG blitzed on virtually every shotgun snap in the second half.   There was a LOT of poor passblocking to go around in this game...

This ^

The line need more time to gel but I can see us drafting an OT very early in the draft next year. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

if you cannot spell Ty Nescje correctly you have no validation.

Kids a rookie get off his jock

One might create a thread about Dawkins if they felt like bicthing

You're an idiot

Open your eyes, he played like crap and needs a lot of work on his feet. We will continue to look for a RT. Please explain how he didn't look bad and why he looked good in your eyes. We are all waiting for your insight...

I think part of this is that our entire OL, with exception of Dawkins, is new. They’ve never player together and aren’t thinking along the same wavelengths as each other. This is a big risk of signing too many new players during FA. During situations like these, weaknesses are exposed and magnified. The vets can compensate using their experience, but Ford cannot. I see them finally gelling by games 6-8. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think you are right but Feliciano is playing fine at guard so it's best to keep giving him some reps at RT to make sure.

Why do we automatically assume the RG is the only other position we can slot him in at? Why not try rotating him in with Spain on the left? I know a lot of us are being critical of Dawkins and the rotating RT right now, but Spain hasn't been consistent either and frankly we could do with a rotation at LG at a minimum.

This to say, I don't feel we're in a dire situation at all because our offense still managed 28 points in this game, albeit with stalls at times. However, if and when we want to talk about any kind of convincing post season push these are the kind of questions surrounding consistency that a good team answers every single week. Bottom line, it's only week 2, we're 2-0 at "home" and showing tremendous signs of improvement from where we were months ago - carry the momentum forward and bring home our opening W.

Edited by ctk232