Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And again, your comparison too Gordon, a guy with incredibly well documented substance abuse problems, is a silly stretch with Brown.  Yet you keep stretching it on each new post.  AB is not acting like a drug addict.  In your profession, you would typically be far more well versed in what that would entail.

At least one person here has claimed AB acts as though he does a lot of cocaine "don't ask me how I know"

I dunno about that, but I do know that substance abuse does take different guises.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At least one person here has claimed AB acts as though he does a lot of cocaine "don't ask me how I know"

I dunno about that, but I do know that substance abuse does take different guises.

Does it count if he's high on himself?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Did you think that TO was headed to the HOF before he got to the Bills?  No of course not.

If you think AB will never play football again, than he is unlikely to get in.  If he plays a few more years for a few more teams, he might.  

And again, your comparison too Gordon, a guy with incredibly well documented substance abuse problems, is a silly stretch with Brown.  Yet you keep stretching it on each new post.  AB is not acting like a drug addict.  In your profession, you would typically be far more well versed in what that would entail.

Uh, yeah I did think that TO was headed to the HOF before the Bills signed him.  You think his time in Buffalo is what vaulted him to HOF status?  LOL!

Brown's time in the NFL is looking shorter and shorter.  There is something seriously wrong with him.  I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on him making the HOF.

And again, mental illness, which drug addiction is, is not easy to control.  Hence the comparison is wholly appropriate.  At the least he has mental health issues.  It would surprise no one to learn he also is a drug addict.

BTW, any comment on Breer's tweet?

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d be shocked if the Pats sign AB.  BB is not that stupid.  

I could see the Jets as a more likely suitor. His mindset would fit right in with their delusional fan base. 

AB is the only player in the league to whom Vontaze Burfict could look at and say, ” Dude, you got problems!”

• Haha (+1) 3

I’m curious to know how many teams are sitting out there right now even considering bringing AB in. I’m sure there are some, but the majority of the league has to have written this guy off after this fiasco.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, teef said:

Homesexual?

I also have to come out of the walk-in closet... I am sexually attracted to homes. When I see that 3-car garage, the fish-scale shake shingles, and those 2 big beautiful bay windows, I just quaver silently with the anticipation of being invited to come inside...

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Uh, yeah I did think that TO was headed to the HOF before the Bills signed him.  You think his time in Buffalo is what vaulted him to HOF status?  LOL!

Brown's time in the NFL is looking shorter and shorter.  There is something seriously wrong with him.  I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on him making the HOF.

And again, mental illness, which drug addiction is, is not easy to control.  Hence the comparison is wholly appropriate.  At the least he has mental health issues.  It would surprise no one to learn he also is a drug addict.

BTW, any comment on Breer's tweet?

Certain forms of cancer, like drug addiction, are not easy to control.  Maybe he has a glioblastoma?

I’m not predicting it to happen but honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Drew himself bounced on Brown as if to say Browns antics are even too much for him to deal with. 

Normally I wouldn’t see that happening but I wonder if even Drew himself is fed up with Brown. 

It actually holds some water water if you think about Drew going out on a limb for his client so many times to constantly be blindsided at every turn by Browns actions. 

Like i said, I’m not predicting it to happen but I could see it. 

And honestly, I hope it does happen and Brown is blackballed by everyone and never plays another down of football again. And I don’t feel bad for saying it because he brought it all in himself. 

45 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not sure about this.  Pretty much every other team is going to be turned off to AB, who has a negative track record with the Steelers AND the Raiders in less than a year's time span.

43 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Pretty sure those voidable guarantee clauses are standard. 

30 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I thought he would pull antics by week 5 or 6 when they have been losing and he isnt getting the ball. I think you give AB too much credit. He knew the Raiders sucked when he agreed to a contract extension. I hope no teams sign him but there will be a couple teams willing to take a chance.

Time will tell. The NFL does some strange things. Last year KC kicked Hunt out and he's not on the Browns all while Hill beats his kid and he got a new contract. Clearly KC doesn't mind a good kid beating but keep your hands off your wife. Point is NFL teams only care about the bottom line and winning. 

I really don't think AB is off his rocker, I think this was a damn good plan going into all of this. The Steelers were not going to release him so he forced a trade and that contract was stupid, I get the voidable on guarantee but seriously they were easy to meet and yet he gave the Raiders a way to void them and in turn let him walk with out paying a penny. Then you add in the antics with the helmet, there is no way that dude is that far off his rocker.

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Does it count if he's high on himself?

This ^ We live in a society that thinks too much. Elite football players are coddled and given special treatment from the time they are kids. Occasionally a guy like AB takes the narcissism that develops from that lifestyle too far. We live in a society that whenever someone makes poor choices we blame mental illness, addiction, etc. You don’t need any of those things to be self destructive. AB might have no problem other than an out of control ego. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Certain forms of cancer, like drug addiction, are not easy to control.  Maybe he has a glioblastoma?

Good one.  But if his behavioral changes are from a glioblastoma, he's got bigger issues to worry about than football.

1 hour ago, VADC Bills said:

That's because Mayock is a large part of the problem with his rookie John Wayne style of GM.

His comments should be behind closed doors instead of in the media. His all in or out comments were totally inappropriate on camera.

Gruden and Mayock together??? Was Kalil Mack a problem? Was Amari Cooper a problem? 

This AB situation is an attempt to CYA for a dumb a$$ Amari Cooper deal.

They deserve what they get!

I think Mayock had enough and played AB like a fiddle, using the public forum is brilliant, it eliminates the question of wrongly terminating his contract.

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Time will tell. The NFL does some strange things. Last year KC kicked Hunt out and he's not on the Browns all while Hill beats his kid and he got a new contract. Clearly KC doesn't mind a good kid beating but keep your hands off your wife. Point is NFL teams only care about the bottom line and winning. 

I really don't think AB is off his rocker, I think this was a damn good plan going into all of this. The Steelers were not going to release him so he forced a trade and that contract was stupid, I get the voidable on guarantee but seriously they were easy to meet and yet he gave the Raiders a way to void them and in turn let him walk with out paying a penny. Then you add in the antics with the helmet, there is no way that dude is that far off his rocker.

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

You’re giving him way too much credit. By acting this way, he’s cut down the number of teams willing to sign him tremendously. So he can’t just “go wherever he wants” now. And he just urinated away $30 million on top of that. 

There was no master plan, he’s just a headcase.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Doc said:

Good one.  But if his behavioral changes are from a glioblastoma, he's got bigger issues to worry about than football.

How do you know that AB is exhibiting behavioral changes? Only those in the Steelers locker room know if this is something new for him. Sometimes things are hidden from the public. Remember when he filmed a video in the Steelers locker room? That isn’t much different than the twitter video from

yesterday. I think this is just AB being AB. 

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

Yeah, no, there was no "plan."  The dude is mentally ill.  He demanded a new contract with huge money from any team stupid enough to trade for him and still couldn't behave himself enough to ensure he got his guaranteed money.  If his plan was to be traded anywhere, he could have taken far less money. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

How do you know that AB is exhibiting behavioral changes? Only those in the Steelers locker room know if this is something new for him. Sometimes things are hidden from the public. Remember when he filmed a video in the Steelers locker room? That isn’t much different than the twitter video from

yesterday. I think this is just AB being AB. 

Could be.  He might have been mentally ill all along.

• Like (+1) 1