Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a “cracker” during Wednesday’s altercation

wppete

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

It's more the point of the matter that if this was the other way around it would be on the front page of every site from ESPN to CNN. 

That's because one word has been used historically in the US to belittle and demean a people and the other was hilariously created to try and do likewise but has failed to gain any traction other than in comedy.

They're not the same thing at all and most people realize this.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

It's not the word -- It's the disrespect. I don't see how Mayock can keep AB and not lose the respect of everyone on that team.

If it happens once, it will happen again. Perfect example of how the Bills and Raider organizations are polar opposites. Can we inagine how Beane would react if a player threatened him with physical violence?

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It doesn’t offend me personally and don’t see anyone riled up that he said it. I think it’s not something you would say to your boss, however. And just another sign of the dysfunction that he brings. The forced, band aid apology is predictable.

Oh no doubt, Brown is a douche. The worst thing he said though was he'd "punch him the face."

This is going to prove once and for all that the off field distractions don’t matter as much as everyone seems to think.

This is about as bad as you could even imagine the trade going and he’s still gonna out up at least 1000yds and 10TD

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Apparently now he might be playing Monday 

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There isn't a single epithet or slur that could get even a rise out of me.  I'm more personally offended by someone else's steak order or preference in wings than if they were to call me every racial slur in the book.

Its a fundamental disconnect.  I hate the term but I suppose its "privilege" that no combination of words in the English language relating to my race, gender, ethnicity, or skin color carries any weight with me. 

This...all of it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think the majority are saying it doesn't upset them and they wouldn't care, just that it's hypocritical that a 'racist term' (it is racist cause it's meant to be a derogatory term based on a person's skin color) is ok against someone who's white. Most blacks don't seem to have an issue with a certain word as long as it's not spoken from someone who is white....

Lots of Italian kids in the hood where I grew up. Always amazed me that they always called each other by the usual derogatory epithets.

I sure knew better than to try that myself, even if in jest.

Edited by starrymessenger

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Im comfortable saying I don’t really care about that word, and that AB is a douche for using it and should get cut. 

I'm comfortable saying I care more about the ridiculous helmet brouhaha, and AB should be cut just for being an all-around #######.  

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If someone of any race called me a cracker I would find it hilarious. It carries no weight whatsoever. Well, maybe a cracker's worth 

I'd correct them..."I prefer 'pedantic supercilious anal orifice,' if you don't mind..."

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how touching..."Cry Me A River".....29 million reasons NOT to buy it...SMH.....

Antonio Brown attends Raiders team meeting, gives “emotional apology”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2019, 12:23 PM EDT

Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown is back at the team facility today, trying to make amends.

Brown attended a team meeting this morning and issued “an emotional apology,” Josina Anderson of ESPN reports.

The Raiders’ team captains, who reportedly told Jon Gruden that they would back him on whatever he wants to do with Brown, stood with Brown at the team meeting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/antonio-brown-attends-raiders-team-meeting-gives-emotional-apology/

Once he realizes he can lose all his guaranteed money...

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in that I wouldn’t even be a little offended if someone called me a “cracker” or “honkey” or any other racist term for white people? You could say about 213,000 other things that my sensitive @$$ would be bothered more by. 

I wouldnt be offended either... and I am not a big 'white guy victim' card carrier....

But I cant help but think at what the ramifications would have been if the shoe was on the other foot, and Maycock used an inadvisable term.  His career and life would be effectively ruined/altered severely

• Like (+1) 1