Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a “cracker” during Wednesday’s altercation

wppete

13 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Belichick would

....now that the personal conduct policy is in play because he threatened violence against Mayock, The Commish will be involved shortly and I'd bet he's "really happy" after Helmetgate.....so maybe four games in timeout and then Kraft can butt heads with Rog?.....don't see it.........

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I think he is going for a Win-Win situation.  Win #1, he is released and signs with whatever team he likes.  If no one signs him, Win #2, he sues the league like Kap.  Bigger payoff and you don't have to beat the crap out of your body.

I think he has a bigger lawsuit/case against the NFL and the manufacturer of his previous helmet for the brain damage he has suffered from taking headshots.....

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Where did you get this from?  That looks like the original set to the Honeymooners.

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Looks like Keenan Thompson from SNL hitting the other guy with a chair, probably a skit as the black honeymooners?

It's from 30 Rock, their first or second live episode. That's John Hamm being hit by Tracy Morgan. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There isn't a single epithet or slur that could get even a rise out of me.  I'm more personally offended by someone else's steak order or preference in wings than if they were to call me every racial slur in the book.

Its a fundamental disconnect.  I hate the term but I suppose its "privilege" that no combination of words in the English language relating to my race, gender, ethnicity, or skin color carries any weight with me. 

Ranch instead of blue cheese is offensive

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MDH said:

And this term actually offends people? People are just looking for reasons to get riled up, geez.

It's more the point of the matter that if this was the other way around it would be on the front page of every site from ESPN to CNN. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MDH said:

And this term actually offends people? People are just looking for reasons to get riled up, geez.

I think the majority are saying it doesn't upset them and they wouldn't care, just that it's hypocritical that a 'racist term' (it is racist cause it's meant to be a derogatory term based on a person's skin color) is ok against someone who's white. Most blacks don't seem to have an issue with a certain word as long as it's not spoken from someone who is white....

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yup, it was meant disrespect and belittle the individual. Doesn’t carry the same weight as other slurs. But, no one worth a damn wants to be compared to a slave owner.

Apparently this expression predates the plantation era and condescendingly denotes a white person too poor to own slaves. Ironically there is no shame or disrepute in being poor. Owning other people on the other hand...

It's really sad to see this happen with AB, at the end of the day he's a hall of famer, he has put his heart and soul into getting to where he is and now we see this side of him that to me screams some type of emotional issue. He was never a problem up until this past year in Pittsburgh and all of a sudden he's a diva, problem child, wife beater and now a racist? I think there is alot more going on with him and hope he gets the help he needs. He was a good story back in the day clawing his way up the depth chart as a 6th rounder, I'd really like him to turn it around in Oakland. 

9 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Where did you get this from?  That looks like the original set to the Honeymooners.

Times sure were different then, weren't they? Could you imagine a sitcom today where a husband threatens to beat his wife at least once an episode? ?

honeymooners-right-in-the-kisser-740x431

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

It doesn’t offend me personally and don’t see anyone riled up that he said it. I think it’s not something you would say to your boss, however. And just another sign of the dysfunction that he brings. The forced, band aid apology is predictable.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Apparently now he might be playing Monday 

...how touching..."Cry Me A River".....29 million reasons NOT to buy it...SMH.....

Antonio Brown attends Raiders team meeting, gives “emotional apology”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2019, 12:23 PM EDT

Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown is back at the team facility today, trying to make amends.

Brown attended a team meeting this morning and issued “an emotional apology,” Josina Anderson of ESPN reports.

The Raiders’ team captains, who reportedly told Jon Gruden that they would back him on whatever he wants to do with Brown, stood with Brown at the team meeting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/antonio-brown-attends-raiders-team-meeting-gives-emotional-apology/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1