CBS NFL Picks: Week 1

HOUSE

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Oooh. This should be entertaining 

not

Oh crap. 7 picked the Bills + 3

Doomed 

5 picked the Bills.  3 picked the Jets.  Fan's picks (at the moment are 49% BUF/51% NYJ).

• Like (+1) 1

The important thing to remember is that this is a set of scientific evaluations made by unassailable experts at the peaks of their analytical powers.

Is everyone's sarcasm detector on and working?

• Haha (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

5 picked the Bills.  3 picked the Jets.  Fan's picks (at the moment are 49% BUF/51% NYJ).

I must have switched between points and straight up and mis counted. Thanks for the correction 

ESPN has the NYETS @ 67% win probably 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry, NFLN's Terrell Davis said Jets because of Blfo's "potentially disastrous QB situation"...and MJD said "Jets as a gut feel(GAS bubble?)...MUST be right...

Who?

Lol. Maybe his migraines are back and confusing him. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

Ravens only favored by 5 1/2 over the fish?

I figured it would be more like 8.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers straight up beat the cheatriots.  NE -6

Everyone thinks us and the jests is going to be close.  Wait until we blow them out 31-16.  :thumbsup:

#GoBills

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry, NFLN's Terrell Davis said Jets because of Blfo's "potentially disastrous QB situation"...and MJD said "Jets as a gut feel(GAS bubble?)...MUST be right...

I can't wait until Josh shuts up all these ANALysts.

Burleson: Le'Veon Bell will score 3 TDs in Week 1 vs. Bills

I don't see Bell scoring, I expect the rust to show.

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

One performance isn't going to make it. Josh has to show sustained improvement before these asshats reconsider their views on his game. It really does seem a lot of these ANALysts are rooting for him to fail. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Very possible, but most likely in goal line situations. Don't expect Bell to break off plays of 20-30 plus yards to pay dirt against our D considering he hasn't played in over a year.

I found this interesting in Start 'em / Sit 'em.

NFL.com

Sam Darnold: Sit 'em

Sam Darnold vs. Buffalo Bills

I'm all in on Darnold as a sleeper candidate in fantasy land, but I would fade him this week based on a tough matchup against the Bills. Last season, home quarterbacks averaged a mere 198.1 passing yards and averaged 12.61 fantasy points against them. Unless you're in a two-quarterback league, I'd avoid Darnold.

Our secondary and D in general getting some respect.  I figured the National guys would be all over pumping up Darnold and the jests.

They picked Josh Allen as a 'sleeper' against the Jests too. :w00t:

Edited by stosh64

Cynthia Frelund has the Bills' CEILING for wins at 6.9, and their floor at 5.5. That means, in her view, there is no scenario where the Bills could win more than 7 games...

It's going to be a fun year. People are WAYYYYYY underestimating the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001047884/article/afc-wintotal-projections-patriots-no-1-texans-atop-division

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The link below is straight up, you have to click on against the spread to view results for Vegas

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/1

Image result for buffalo bills ny jets

LOL. Prisco picks the Bills on the main page. But when you click "Prisco's Picks" he says the Jets win by 1. Way to play both sides, Pete.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Terrell Davis shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, so he can suck it.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the Bills were a better team than the Jets last year and the Bills have done things to get better.  It sounds like the Jets have also addressed weaknesses, although I haven't been following the Jets closely.  Should be a good game.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, stosh64 said:

GMFB is usually a friend to the Bills as well. They get a lot of love on that show, more than any other national media I have seen.

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

I think the Bills were a better team than the Jets last year and the Bills have done things to get better.  It sounds like the Jets have also addressed weaknesses, although I haven't been following the Jets closely.  Should be a good game.  

The Jets have neglected arguably the second most important part of the team, the offensive line. Their offensive line is nothing to write home about. 

On 9/4/2019 at 5:44 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

After the Jets front 4 on defense, their LB's and secondary are vulnerable - I hoping Allen will expose that weakness, which he will!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2019 at 4:44 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Potentially disastrous? Wow...tons of viewers watching and the words of Davis may be all they know about the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

The Jets have neglected arguably the second most important part of the team, the offensive line. Their offensive line is nothing to write home about. 

WRONG they brought in K Osmele at G and Ryan Kalil at Center.

Osemele > Spain

Kalil > Morse if Morse can't stay on the field.

Bell > Gore for that matter.

Try again .

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

WRONG they brought in K Osmele at G and Ryan Kalil at Center.

Osemele > Spain

Kalil > Morse if Morse can't stay on the field.

Bell > Gore for that matter.

Try again .

The Jets offensive line is a lot like ours bringing in new guys and dealing with injuries all training camp before finally being healthy one week before the start of the season.  Which line will gel quicker?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

The Jets offensive line is a lot like ours bringing in new guys and dealing with injuries all training camp before finally being healthy one week before the start of the season.  Which line will gel quicker?

Correct, but the poster I replied to said the Jets ignored their line which is just ignorant.

Buffalo replacing Miller, Ducasse, Mills and Bodine is a big improvement, but the Jets adding Osemele and Kalil is a big improvement too.

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Correct, but the poster I replied to said the Jets ignored their line which is just ignorant.

Buffalo replacing Miller, Ducasse, Mills and Bodine is a big improvement, but the Jets adding Osemele and Kalil is a big improvement too.

There is a difference in upgrading 40% of your line and 80% also Morse might have a step on a guy who already had one foot out the door. Also without Morse Feliciano is still an upgrade on Bodine.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I trust all the guys that picked the Bills. They're all reputable gentlemen with honor & integrity.

The other guys are all known jackholes. They are biased, uninformed, and I've got a bigger brain than them. Times two.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1