Hauschka wants to help Carli Lloyd pursue an NFL career

StHustle

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The Bills just hired a female coach that played linebacker. I wonder how she survived bigger people hitting her? 

I didn't know she played at the NFL level. That is what we are talking about right??

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was actually a joke to begin with then you took it to another level with your childish insults.

also, don't assume what someone can do in real life. you seem to keep bringing this up. a threat? 

keep it up with the insults tough guy, I think you've made enough of an ass of yourself here as it is but that is clearly your MO here so it's nothing new. does it make you feel all macho talking ***** like that, you get off on it?

tough guy

You’re funny and helped put a smile on my face.  Enjoy your Labor Day.  

Would she get her own locker room? Or would it be a Multi gender locker room?

Would the guys just have their junk hanging out around her? Would she shower with them?

What if she screams me too first time somebody forgets a towel around the waist?

See all the issues this raises in just 5 seconds? I need some answerssssss...

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Would she get her own locker room? Or would it be a Multi gender locker room?

Would the guys just have their junk hanging out around her? Would she shower with them?

What if she screams me too first time somebody forgets a towel around the waist?

See all the issues this raises in just 5 seconds? I need some answerssssss...

Just watch Necessary Roughness for all the answers to your “issues”.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dubs said:

Ha!  So being an elite soccer player would make you so elusive you could avoid all hits?!?  Genius!!

Lets put her at QB then. Take a shotgun snap and run for a TD every series. 

Carli Lloyd is a tremendous athlete and incredible soccer player. She’s get killed on a football field. 

Sure, but no more so than every other kicker.  

I think folks are worrying way too much about gender as the determining factor here.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, StHustle said:

It's not PC to say men are physically strong but then these same folks will say how bad it is for a man to put his hands on a woman (which I agree it's terrible)

It's like my wife on one hand saying women should get treated equal to men but then expects me to open her doors, always take the trash out, pump the gas, etc (which I happily do all those things)

Its just the world we live in today. Full of double standards.

Exactly.  What your referencing is the crowd after the woman who are the exception who can do this.  Again, let’s not mix this up.  Some woman can and could do this.  But once they do, there’s a swarm behind them who will ruin it but watering down the standards and product in the name of equality of outcome instead of equality of opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I know that but you’re missing my point.  Again I’m fine with so long as it doesn’t change the game.

I see what you're saying, but realistically, they are changing the game anyway. Limited QB hits, no blindside hits, can't lead with the helmet, etc. Man back in my day head slaps were legal and horse collars we're how you got things done. But I get what you're saying. I still think if a person can do the job, let them try and out and see. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m assuming if she does do it, she is aware of the risk.  

Correct.  Again the ones who can are fine.  In my post I stated the ones after the ones who can will want to game watered down, standards changed or etc. so that they can do it too.  So it will not be the woman who can compete with the men, it’s the ones who will can’t and slowly erode the game with what have you till they either ruin it or change it to where it’s not what it used to be at all.

See the Boy Scouts, Military training, etc.  I’m not defending this because I hate woman.  I’m defending this because they will have to eventually change the game to incorporate woman because just the ones who can do it with the guys won’t be the end of the ones crying to do it.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, but no more so than every other kicker.  

I think folks are worrying way too much about gender as the determining factor here.  

In al seriousness, how’s many people in this world do you think can hit a 55 yard field goal in a practice setting. No play clock, no defense, no score, nothing. Just consistently booming kicks just the holder and the kicker?  100s?  1000s?  I’d guess that it’s probably in the thousands. Does that make them as competent as the 32 guys in the league kicking, obviously no. 

Kickers need to also be be able to kick the ball deep. They need timing, they need to be able to kick with height, not just length. They also occasionally have to join the play and make a tackle or push a guy out of bounds. 

Now, let’s just assume CL can do all the FG duties. I could see a team potentially using a roster spot on someone if they are automatic from 50 in, and another for someone just to kick off. Or, if CL could demonstrate she could kick touchbacks consistently as well, I could see her doing both. 

The reality is, she probably can’t do any of those things as good as professional NFL kickers and she’s only being talked about because there is such a polarizing force around Woman’s Soccer. 

But it like I said, I don’t believe anyone should prevent her from pursuing this and I’d be really entertained to see it happen. Just can guarantee it won’t. 

If she can make it in the NFL , that's great. I only saw the one 55 yard kick and she nailed it, however, she didn't do the normal 2 steps and kick, I think she did 3 or 4 steps which means almost all her kicks would get blocked. She would obviously need to fix that first.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I see what you're saying, but realistically, they are changing the game anyway. Limited QB hits, no blindside hits, can't lead with the helmet, etc. Man back in my day head slaps were legal and horse collars we're how you got things done. But I get what you're saying. I still think if a person can do the job, let them try and out and see. 

You’re right and I haven’t been a fan of all that either but it’s still people hitting others. Agreed tho, there’s pros and cons to this.

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

You’re right and I haven’t been a fan of all that either but it’s still people hitting others. Agreed tho, there’s pros and cons to this.

And as Klos said in his post, she did take a three of four step approach, which won't work on a FG. But I'm just saying there's TC and pre-season to try out and why not let someone try? It would be a stretch but it's a unique talent and you never know. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If she can make it in the NFL , that's great. I only saw the one 55 yard kick and she nailed it, however, she didn't do the normal 2 steps and kick, I think she did 3 or 4 steps which means almost all her kicks would get blocked. She would obviously need to fix that first.

She herself specifically addressed this and is exactly why she turned down the couple of teams who wanted to bring her on immediately and kick in a preseason game for them as a gimmick. She’s serious about it and knows she needs to train hard to learn how to do it correctly and successfully.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Or she eludes the hit, because she’s an internationally elite striker with a skill set that punters don’t have. 

Like Wade the elite elusive rugby player got his arse lit up last night, elusive like him amiright! 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

She herself specifically addressed this and is exactly why she turned down the couple of teams who wanted to bring her on immediately and kick in a preseason game for them as a gimmick. She’s serious about it and knows she needs to train hard to learn how to do it correctly and successfully.

Good for her. Don't be used as a sideshow. She may find it's too difficult but at least make a true run at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

chill out. stop with this. just because your feminine side is all worked up to see women in the nfl doesn't mean you have to go on this tirade calling people ignorant and stupid because they may not agree with your feminine side or believe women should be in the nfl. next thing you know you'll be advocating pink uniforms and helmets for christ sake.

Your original post was completely ignorant and sexist.

You’re free to believe what you want but your viewpoint is disgustingly outdated and stupid. I don’t care if any of the other dinosaurs on here disagree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Your original post was completely ignorant and sexist.

You’re free to believe what you want but your viewpoint is disgustingly outdated and stupid. I don’t care if any of the other dinosaurs on here disagree.

Are you male or female? Just curious?

55 minutes ago, dubs said:

Brian Moorman was 6’0”, 175. Just imagine that was Carli Lloyd instead. Good lord. Instant death. 

Abby Wambach the who hold the world record for international goals for both female and male soccer players would have been a better option when she was younger.  She is played at 5’11 and 179 and she is from Rochester area.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s the risk she has to assume if she does get a try out.  Those blocks don’t happen nearly as much anymore.

No, but when it does, will there be criminal charges involved?  It is violence against women etc.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

4 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Why should she get special treatment? Go after it like everyone else does.

Also, work on your reading comprehension.

What are you blabbing about?  If a nfl team offers her a try out, it’s just that.  A try out and she has to earn it. 

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

No, but when it does, will there be criminal charges involved?  It is violence against women etc.

Are their criminal charges when hockey players assault each other with sticks? 

Any player who signs up for any sport assumes the risks.  

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

Are you sure that would not be brought up? 

Stop.  You’re being a straw man. 

7 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

It is definitely not a strawman, look at the culture in which we currently find ourselves.

What culture? We're trying to deal more effectively with violence against women?  Real violence.

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Like I said, if she is better at kicking field goals than one of the 32 kickers in the league and a team wants her to kick, great. There should be no mandate to prevent them or her from doing that. 

But if/when she ends up in the hospital or worse because she gets pulverized by someone more than twice her size, I don’t want to hear anything about changing the rules or leveling the playing field. 

How would that happen on a FG or extra point attempt (unless Richard Sherman is on the other team)?  There have been some tiny, fragile kickers in the NFL over the years and to my knowledge, they all survived.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are their criminal charges when hockey players assault each other with sticks? 

Any player who signs up for any sport assumes the risks.  

Stop.  You’re being a straw man. 

Actually there have been, when it's used as a weapon to cause harm.

https://thenhl.fandom.com/wiki/The_Donald_Brashear-Marty_McSorley_Incident

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Outrage/victimhood/meetoo, wake up man.

It would not go well if she was seriously injured getting crushed by a male player.

Yeah, people just make up crap about violence against women.