Hauschka wants to help Carli Lloyd pursue an NFL career

StHustle

53 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I watched the video, what did she take, 5 steps before kicking the ball? That's blocked all day every day in an NFL game.

That is one of the thoughts I had. How many steps did she take? Kickers don’t get that kind of wind up on a field goal. 

The other is that someone is going to blow her up on blocked kick and then the PC police are going to cry foul, which is going to lead to some poor guy getting hung out to dry.

Good or bad, someone is going to welcome her to the NFL.

Let her do some field goals and kickoffs (run off the field asap) in pre-season, once the excitement and pre-season is over she can go back to soccer.  I would love to see it.

A 38 yr old 141 lb female would get killed in the NFL is she were treated just like any other player. Knowing the NFL anyone gets near her they will cal roughing the kicker.

All you have to do is spend 5 seconds on YouTube and you can find multiple videos of kickers being lit up. 

Some people try so hard to fight for progress that they lose the ability to be rational in their arguments.  

So many legitimate womens equality issues out there yet some of y’all choose this hill to die on.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, iinii said:

That is one of the thoughts I had. How many steps did she take? Kickers don’t get that kind of wind up on a field goal. 

The other is that someone is going to blow her up on blocked kick and then the PC police are going to cry foul, which is going to lead to some poor guy getting hung out to dry.

Good or bad, someone is going to welcome her to the NFL.

I want to say the time requirement is about 1.5 seconds, something like that. Around 1.9 for a punt if I remember correctly.

There are area combines available for folks to get in front of NFL evaluators. Bringing her in for a special tryout is very Russ Brandon-esque.

2 hours ago, dubs said:

The funny thing is, no one is really saying she shouldn’t be allowed to play. Just that even if she was good enough to kick field goals she’d be at a high risk of death because of how small she is. 

Oh stop given how many punters including Janikowski who olay tackling... if she can kick that is all that is really required.

Edited by North Buffalo

I am all for a woman PK in the NFL. But I think one of the biggest things against her is that shes already 37.

Of course many kickers play into their 40s but thats very late to begin training let alone get signed to a team.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s insane how insecure some of you are.  I don’t think she could make it but why not let her try?  Preseason sucks anyways.

but man when stories like this come up, some dudes show how fragile they are. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I want to say the time requirement is about 1.5 seconds, something like that. Around 1.9 for a punt if I remember correctly.

There are area combines available for folks to get in front of NFL evaluators. Bringing her in for a special tryout is very Russ Brandon-esque.

You mean progressive?  Oh no. That’s a dirty word to some of you cavemen. 

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

It's not an effort thing, it's a getting crushed by a blindside block thing.

Fair enough...but my point is that there are kickers like Janakowski who show NO interest in covering.  He would run to the bench and ignore the play.....even when the returner cut right in front of him.  Now...he could have been blindsided even though he was making no attempt to tackle, but these kickers might just as well curl up in the fetal position....or run straight to the bench...like Janakowski only faster, before the returners get to them.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s insane how insecurity some of you are.  I don’t think she could make it but why not let her try?  Preseason sucks anyways.

but man when stories like this come up, some dudes show how fragile they are. 

puff that chest out big guy. now suit up in your pink uni and helmet and get out there and knock some heads around, tough guy.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

puff that chest out big guy. now suit up in your pink uni and helmet and get out there and knock some heads around, tough guy.

What century are you from?  Gotta love your toughness.  A guy who probably was a junior on JV in high school is threaten by a woman trying out for a football.

Enjoy the internet because you won’t be this tough in real life.

12 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

It's not an effort thing, it's a getting crushed by a blindside block thing.

That’s the risk she has to assume if she does get a try out.  Those blocks don’t happen nearly as much anymore.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What century are you from?  Gotta love your toughness.  A guy who probably was a junior on JV in high school is threaten by a woman trying out for a football.

Enjoy the internet because you won’t be this tough in real life.

you're the one always talking tough there big guy. real life? tell me all about real life. since you know so much about me, tell me about it. you talk tough, so I'm assuming you are.

you brought up sensitive and fragile, assuming that is what those that oppose a female lining up in the nfl must be? prancing around throwing around bs like that looks more like a keyboard warrior then anything else.

I get it, it's the 21st century where girls are wearing guys pants and boys are marrying boys. so it's not out of the question some female wants to kick it through the uprights in the nfl but that doesn't make one a caveman, fragile or sensitive if they oppose. no, that's coming from some member here puffing his/her chest out trying to look like some tough guy.

now that's weak.