Hauschka wants to help Carli Lloyd pursue an NFL career

StHustle

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're the one always talking tough there big guy. real life? tell me all about real life. since you know so much about me, tell me about it. you talk tough, so I'm assuming you are.

you brought up sensitive and fragile, assuming that is what those that oppose a female lining up in the nfl must be? prancing around throwing around bs like that looks more like a keyboard warrior then anything else.

I get it, it's the 21st century where girls are wearing guys pants and boys are marrying boys. so it's not out of the question some female wants to kick it through the uprights in the nfl but that doesn't make one a caveman, fragile or sensitive if they oppose. no, that's coming from some member here puffing his/her chest out trying to look like some tough guy.

now that's weak.

I never once said your name and you do the whole pink uniform crap.  Apparently, I struck a nerve.  And it’s funny.  I could tell what posters actually played football at a high level.  I can tell you haven’t. The far majority of players would welcome her trying out.  We had walk ons and all you care about is if they can play.

Why do you care?  And enjoy flexing on the board.  It’s funny because you would never be able to do so in real life.  So if thinking a woman should be allowed to try to kick a football makes me wear a pink uniform (as opposed to the no uniform you ever wore), I’m fine with that.  And I’m guessing the only think soft is that belly of yours.  Have a good weekend.  Keep up the good fight!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

When they introduced woman into the military it wasn’t long before they changed the standards because they weren’t able to compete with men.

This is because men are physically stronger than woman.  I know that’s not PC right now but it’s true.  I’m a vet who served with woman and there very few who can handle the physical strength and endurance required.  The ones who make it are great.

The issue is the woman and equality that comes BEHIND the woman who can.  They demand that it be changed so they can do citing sexism, or whatever ism you want to put in there.  That’s where the problem is. It would be fine if people could understand that a small percentage of guys can make it and an even smaller percentage of woman can too. But it won’t stop there.

So again my worry is not the few woman who can play in the NFL.  It’s the watering down of the game afterward from the Folks who claim equally of outcome over equality over ability. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Seriously though, I think women playing in the NFL in any capacity is unrealistic simply because of the physical aspect. I understand there are woman out there built like men but it's just different when a male kicker is getting laid out than if it's a female the target of those same hits. I can't see this happening.

I don't look at it by gender, I look at it by weight.

No one below 175 pounds should be on the NFL field. (I just made up that number)

My understanding is that this lady is 135 pounds. She'll get tossed around like a rag doll.

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

When they introduced woman into the military it wasn’t long before they changed the standards because they weren’t able to compete with men.

This is because men are physically stronger than woman.  I know that’s not PC right now but it’s true.  I’m a vet who served with woman and there very few who can handle the physical strength and endurance required.  The ones who make it are great.

The issue is the woman and equality that comes BEHIND the woman who can.  They demand that it be changed so they can do citing sexism, or whatever ism you want to put in there.  That’s where the problem is. It would be fine if people could understand that a small percentage of guys can make it and an even smaller percentage of woman can too. But it won’t stop there.

So again my worry is not the few woman who can play in the NFL.  It’s the watering down of the game afterward from the Folks who claim equally of outcome over equality over ability. 

She is kicking a football, the least physical part of football. 

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I agree with this.  When she kicked the 55 yarder (which was impressive) she took a full 6 yard run-up.  That's not how it goes.

No doubt she could learn how to do it. She is a professional athlete capable of doing incredible things. She could shorten those steps if she worked at it

56 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh stop given how many punters including Janikowski who olay tackling... if she can kick that is all that is really required.

Like I said, if she is better at kicking field goals than one of the 32 kickers in the league and a team wants her to kick, great. There should be no mandate to prevent them or her from doing that. 

But if/when she ends up in the hospital or worse because she gets pulverized by someone more than twice her size, I don’t want to hear anything about changing the rules or leveling the playing field. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

This is because men are physically stronger than woman.  I know that’s not PC right now but it’s true.  

It's not PC to say men are physically strong but then these same folks will say how bad it is for a man to put his hands on a woman (which I agree it's terrible)

It's like my wife on one hand saying women should get treated equal to men but then expects me to open her doors, always take the trash out, pump the gas, etc (which I happily do all those things)

Its just the world we live in today. Full of double standards.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never once said your name and you do the whole pink uniform crap.  Apparently, I struck a nerve.  And it’s funny.  I could tell what posters actually played football at a high level.  I can tell you haven’t. The far majority of players would welcome her trying out.  We had walk ons and all you care about is if they can play.

Why do you care?  And enjoy flexing on the board.  It’s funny because you would never be able to do so in real life.  So if thinking a woman should be allowed to try to kick a football makes me wear a pink uniform (as opposed to the no uniform you ever wore), I’m fine with that.  And I’m guessing the only think soft is that belly of yours.  Have a good weekend.  Keep up the good fight!

it was actually a joke to begin with then you took it to another level with your childish insults.

also, don't assume what someone can do in real life. you seem to keep bringing this up. a threat? 

keep it up with the insults tough guy, I think you've made enough of an ass of yourself here as it is but that is clearly your MO here so it's nothing new. does it make you feel all macho talking ***** like that, you get off on it?

tough guy

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

No doubt she could learn how to do it. She is a professional athlete capable of doing incredible things. She could shorten those steps if she worked at it

Right. This is why Haus Money said he would work with her. Not sure why people are making a big deal of this in the thread. She doesnt regularly practice FGs and got out there and did what she did. Im sure if she put her all into it she would be great. This thread is really debating a different matter.

This same conversation comes up all the time. It’s hilarious. Remember when people were saying Britney Griner could play in the NBA!

As hard as it seems these days, it’s possible to be happy with progress, equality, and breaking down barriers without taking it to such illogical extremes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Right. This is why Haus Money said he would work with her. Not sure why people are making a big deal of this in the thread. She doesnt regularly practice FGs and got out there and did what she did. Im sure if she put her all into it she would be great. This thread is really debating a different matter.

Whether or not chromosomes matter when it comes to kicking an oblong object?

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What games are people watching with all of theses violent kicker collisions. 

Nobody said it happens often. The issue is it DOES HAPPEN. And all it takes is one time for a small frame like hers (she would be the smallest person in the NFL) to get completely demolished with probably life long consequences. 

This only works by making it off limits to touch kickers...basically after the kick, the kicker can no longer be involved in the play. Maybe they run off the field and get replaced like a DH? Issue would be with onside kicks, botched snaps on FG's and fake field golas.

Then we have to deal with the idea that women will be allowed in the league but only as kickers??? How would that work?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, StHustle said:

Nobody said it happens often. The issue is it DOES HAPPEN. And all it takes is one time for a small frame like hers (she would be the smallest person in the NFL) to get completely demolished with probably life long consequences. 

This only works by making it off limits to touch kickers...basically after the kick, the kicker can no longer be involved in the play. Maybe they run off the field and get replaced like a DH? Issue would be with onside kicks, botched snaps on FG's and fake field golas.

Then we have to deal with the idea that women will be allowed in the league but only as kickers??? How would that work?

The Bills just hired a female coach that played linebacker. I wonder how she survived bigger people hitting her? 

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Whether or not chromosomes matter when it comes to kicking an oblong object?

No, whether or not women, whose bodies are not naturally created to be as strong as men, should play the most violent team sport on earth with some of the largest/strongest men in sports.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Or she eludes the hit, because she’s an internationally elite striker with a skill set that punters don’t have. 

Ha!  So being an elite soccer player would make you so elusive you could avoid all hits?!?  Genius!!

Lets put her at QB then. Take a shotgun snap and run for a TD every series. 

Carli Lloyd is a tremendous athlete and incredible soccer player. She’s get killed on a football field. 

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

This same conversation comes up all the time. It’s hilarious. Remember when people were saying Britney Griner could play in the NBA!

As hard as it seems these days, it’s possible to be happy with progress, equality, and breaking down barriers without taking it to such illogical extremes. 

Not close to the same thing.  She is kicking a ball and playing a position with little contact. Griner was going to have to guard Joel Embiid.  This is apples to oranges.

• Like (+1) 1