If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

12 minutes ago, nikuman said:

I think that you're supposed to bond with Buffalo teams for life.  I attended some Buffalo Braves (NBkooA) games when I was a kid and I still follow them!  Quick - Google that, kids!

Sometimes I slip and call New Era...Rich Stadium.

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Are you taking a horse and carriage? It takes me 6 hrs from the Bronx, but no I can never switch...Giant stadium is 25 minutes for me but neither of those teams ever had my heart.

44 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Makes sense when you think about it. he likes a second rate NY team in baseball, might as well like the second rate football teams (technically they aren't from NY though)

This was uncalled for.

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Didn’t read any of the other replies but why not just watch on tv?

I’ve bought tickets from the team at face value only once the rest were from ticket sites or from friends at a discount.  I’m not big on sitting in a parking lot for hours so tailgating can go.  

I’d much rather sit at home and watch the Bills anyway so them changing prices doesn’t bother me at all. I’ll be a bills fan for life.  

28 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

You are making the argument that it’s cheaper in the NYC tri-State vs WNY? That is UN-BILL—EVEABLE! 

It's really not.  I spend two nights when I go to Buffalo.  If I went to East Rutherford, it would only be one night.

I go to Panthers games, one a year, out of convenience.

I have been to all the Panthers\Bills games except the one in Buffalo when both teams sucked.

The Bills have sucked for so long it wasn’t tough to not go even though I visited Buffalo a minimum of 3 times a year .

Now that they are moving in the right direction we will be coming up in the falls to catch a game ..... and Bass and Salmon fish?

Money is not the object anymore. We will all be dead soon enough, it’s the fun and the memories that hold the value.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

5 hour drive. 2 tickets to watch your favorite team. Priceless!

Edited by BuffAlone

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I’m sure many members here at Two Bills Drive would gladly let you crash on their couches ???

Seriously though, where you live geographically kind of sucks for watching the Bills games.  Yes the Bills games are a long drive and can get expensive but it’s all relative.

If you drive to the Meadowlands, you’ll likely be paying more for tickets, lodging, parking, meals etc you’d probably pay more than what you would in Buffalo.   It would save you about 1.5 hour drive.

I think Foxboro might be a little closer, but who wants to go there?

The NFL and greedy owners as a whole are gauging fans in all 32 markets.  It’s becoming ridiculously expensive to take a family of 4 to any NFL game.  With the televised experience of watching the NFL improving every day, it really makes me wonder whether other fans will stop attending live if prices keep skyrocketing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Lets face it, as both Mets and Bills fans, we are screwed for life. It is a hard codependence to break. It would definately require some radical therapy or intervention!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's really not.  I spend two nights when I go to Buffalo.  If I went to East Rutherford, it would only be one night.

But then you’d be drinking $27 dirty martinis or Manhattans or some such crap! Come to WNY and drink $2 beers. By my accounting, that will save you approximately $1,245 per trip. (I get thirsty when I travel!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Lets face it, as both Mets and Bills fans, we are screwed for life. It is a hard codependence to break. It would definately require some radical therapy or intervention!

On the flip side to that a Patriots/Yankee fan probably doesn’t have near the appreciation of most things that we do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1