If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 5
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Jets and Giants only have affordable tickets when they are terrible. So it's not like the other option you have is cheaper. I lived a 10 minute drive away from Giants Stadium for the first 28 years of my life and I have only been to less than 10 football games half of them being preseason games. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

First off - not a chance.

Second off - even if they build a downtown stadium with no tailgating- it will still be significantly cheaper than a NYJ/NYG game - so heck no once again.

I go for the team - Everything else is just fun.

• Like (+1) 3

NEVER! 

I’m a Bills fan as long as they remain in WNY. I have to fly in, rent a car, get a hotel, etc. It’s one long weekend/year (as far as home games, I try to hit a road game as well). Paying 50% more for the ticket would be a drop in the bucket in terms of overall expense. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

So your not actually a fan of the Bills, but a fan of tailgating, and cheap tickets?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I live in Las Vegas and only attend a game once every year or two. But my answer is H*** No. Being a Bills fan is not something you can shake...unfortunately.

I am no more capable of "switching teams" than I am changing my natural eye color or height.

My team is the Bills and it will be that way until I'm dead.  

"Switching" isn't an option.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Poleshifter said:

Are you f**** kidding me?

Geez, rational people don't just change teams for $$$ reasons.

Gugny, are you from WNY area - or latched on to Bills some other way?

Mets fans be crazy! 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I am no more capable of "switching teams" than I am changing my natural eye color or height.

My team is the Bills and it will be that way until I'm dead.  

"Switching" isn't an option.

Technically you might be able to change your eye color.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Which team would you switch too?