If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

A Bills game, even driving from NH, plus hotel and food for a weekend, is still cheaper than seeing a Patriots game in Foxboro.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A Bills game, even driving from NH, plus hotel and food for a weekend, is still cheaper than seeing a Patriots game in Foxboro.

NY area fans have traditionally gone to WNY to watch the Jets or Giants play b/c it's actually cheaper for them than doing a home game in New Jersey!  Even with the travel.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Gugny is a Mets fan AND a rabble rouser! Trouble all around, I tell you! 

Makes sense when you think about it. he likes a second rate NY team in baseball, might as well like the second rate football teams (technically they aren't from NY though)

• Haha (+1) 3

That was painful to read. You should just pledge allegiance to the jersey teams now and save yourself the $$$$$

I left buffalo about ten years ago and live smack dab in the middle of the Titans and falcons and it’s never once crossed my mind I would ever want to switch teams and I’ve always followed Atlanta closely since the Andre Rison and Deion Sanders teams. Bills are in my blood though as painful as that can be at times. I’d rather not watch football at all than cheer for the jersey teams 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Makes sense when you think about it. he likes a second rate NY team in baseball, might as well like the second rate football teams (technically they aren't from NY though)

Doesn’t crossing state lines make this a Federal offense? He’s NOT going to like life in the Big House! 

• Like (+1) 1

Plenty of fans I have seen follow teams from other conference even going to games (one person I saw had a very well done jersey of half one AFC team and one NFC team of same player) but very few have spoken aloud about talking to potentially switching teams in the same division.  Such spoken thoughts often result in visitors with new coat for you with very long sleeves.  It is why there are a number of trolls on this board who were once fans and cannot say anything good about the team unless it was past tense.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

That can be forgiven. Mets and maybe choosing a NEW JERSEY team? I have no words that can be printed here.......

One of the requirements of being a Mets fan is being able to think in the abstract...Jersey? Forget it!

Seriously?!? 

If any of us were going to switch teams, it would have happened by now.  The last 20 years have not been kind to us and we keep coming back.  I'm sure that $100 increase on the ticket price is a lot easier to handle than what we've already spent replacing broken TV's, lamps, windows and marriages.