Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Talk me off the ledge!.....probably stepping into one  there.

Nope.  Its one game, its not worth stressing about.

Reality:  We have AT LEAST 7 new starters on the offense this year...thats insane turnover from one year to the next.  The only players we know for sure (barring any surprise cuts, trades, or injuries) that will be starting this year that started last year are Allen, Dawkins, and McCoy.  The other 4 OL, the TE, and at least 2 of the 3 WR's (if someone other than Zay/Foster starts opposite Brown).  And our biggest FA signing on the OL has missed all time with the Allen and the other OL guys through the preseason.  

It takes reps and playing time for WR/TE's and a QB to gel and get in sync.  It takes reps and playing time for the OL to come together and gel.  So, at the end of the day, week 1 will be no gimme game, Jets are potentially an ascending team too and Darnold has a year under his belt with his receivers and TE's for the most part.  If we lose that game its not going to be the end of the world, speed bumps could be a plenty in the early part of the season as this team starts to learn how to play with each other.  

So...grab some devils cabbage and relax the nerves, week 1 isnt an end all be all game.  Hopefully our guys start to click and gel fast and we win the game, but its also not something to stress over.  All that matters in 2019 is that Allen and this team progress, and the most important games to indicate that will be how we play the final 8 games.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

2 starting LBs out.  We run up the middle.

no , you fool  ! we Throw Short over the middle to Mr Cole etc

pass to Mr Brown and Foster deep

oh

and then, we run up the middle the rest of the day till Jets have nose bleeds

godbless Mr Gore/Devin

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Lots of good jokes, but in all seriousness, once you accept the fact that the Bills may very well lose the game, the anxiety will subside. We're not on the team. All of this schtuff is out of our hands. All we can do is watch and root. 

Hope for the best. Expect the worst. The only way to live.

NEVAH !

1 hour ago, H2o said:

The Jets' defense makes me a bit nervous about week 1. You also don't know what you're gonna get coming out the gate. I hope the OL protects Allen and the defense can stop the run. Those two things happen and we should be looking at a W. 

that nut bag Gregg is gonna bring it, you can count on that. he might even have a bounty on Allen.
Bills need to be ready for a brawl

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The first game is a perfect test for the biggest question marks for this team.

1. Rush defense- will Oliver hold up. Will Edmunds take the next step.

2. O-Line - can they do what has never been done. Replace 4 linemen and a TE and perform against a very good defensive line

3. Allen - can he win the game with his arm. Jets have a great safety but not much else in their secondary and linebackers. He should be able to exploit them with throws to Beasley and the running backs all game long.

4. Pass rush - Darnold is not a good passer in a messy pocket and that dates back to USC. Can the Bills get a consistent pass rush from someone other than Hughes.