Democrat Debates

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

which ones, the cosplay jokers or the Democrat candidates?

Yeah, uh-huh...

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bye, Joe.

No, that works fine with the coastal white-collar workers, who are the only ones that count.  Blue-collar workers are just going to have to learn to take orders from their betters.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nope -- the rest was that losing the job would be worth it for the new jobs they would get. 

Like the multitude of jobs at the Tesla solar plant here in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

MR. PRESIDENT, WE MUST NOT ALLOW A WINE CAVE GAP! 

Wine caves and ‘purity tests:’ Warren and Buttigieg clash over billionaire donors:

Warren, 70, had earlier attacked Buttigieg for holding fundraisers in “a wine cave full of crystals” and suggested he was trying to buy the election in “smoke-filled rooms.”

“The mayor just recently had a fundraiser that was held in a wine cave, full of crystals and served $900-a-bottle wine,” said Warren. “He had promised that every fundraiser he would do would be open-door, but this one was closed-door. We made the decision many years ago that rich people in smoke-filled rooms* would not pick the next president of the United States. Billionaires in wine caves should pick the next president of the United States.”

“I do not sell access to my time,” the Massachusetts senator responded.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MR. PRESIDENT, WE MUST NOT ALLOW A WINE CAVE GAP! 

Wine caves and ‘purity tests:’ Warren and Buttigieg clash over billionaire donors:

Warren, 70, had earlier attacked Buttigieg for holding fundraisers in “a wine cave full of crystals” and suggested he was trying to buy the election in “smoke-filled rooms.”

“The mayor just recently had a fundraiser that was held in a wine cave, full of crystals and served $900-a-bottle wine,” said Warren. “He had promised that every fundraiser he would do would be open-door, but this one was closed-door. We made the decision many years ago that rich people in smoke-filled rooms* would not pick the next president of the United States. Billionaires in wine caves should pick the next president of the United States.”

“I do not sell access to my time,” the Massachusetts senator responded.

image.png.11fd038d7581b48afb9f4e8daeca6b3a.png

• Haha (+1) 1

DNC raises qualification thresholds again for January debate

The escalating thresholds have resulted in fewer candidates qualifying for the debate stage.

</snip>

The new benchmarks, announced by the DNC on Friday, require candidates to have 225,000 unique donors, as well as show 5 percent or more support in at least four national or single-state polls in early voting states Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. Candidates could also qualify by reaching 7 percent or more support in two single-state polls in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

They should have learned from Trump, loudly tell all your opponents that they all suck and are losers and they should all quit and go home now

it worked

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

ARE VOTERS TUNING OUT THE DEMOCRATS?

Last night’s Democratic presidential debate had the lowest ratings of any of this year’s debates:

According to Nielsen figures provided to Variety, the Los Angeles debate hosted by PBS NewsHour and Politico and simulcast on CNN drew just over 2 million viewers across PBS stations nationwide, and was seen on CNN by just over 4 million people.

PBS told Variety that the debate live streams across the participating networks’ digital and social platforms totaled more than 8.4 million viewers.

Those numbers are even worse than the ones for the fifth debate that was hosted by MSNBC. In contrast, 18.1 million tuned in to the Democrats’ first debate, in June. Six months later, the Democrats have lost most of their television audience.

This doesn’t surprise me. With Marianne Williamson and Tulsi Gabbard gone, why would anyone watch? To see Bernie wave his arms, Elizabeth Warren hector viewers, Joe Biden stumble and fumble? I don’t blame viewers for tuning out.

You can’t read too much into TV ratings, obviously, but there is an obvious lack of enthusiasm for the Democratic candidates. The fact that Slow Joe Biden, now apparently in his dotage, continues to lead the pack, tells you all you need to know. No wonder ratings are dropping.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

ARE VOTERS TUNING OUT THE DEMOCRATS?

Last night’s Democratic presidential debate had the lowest ratings of any of this year’s debates:

Ratings for the debates were going to go down inevitably.  When the debate process started, people were tired of Trump and tuned in to see the alternatives. 

But people have tuned out after a few Democrat debates reminded them why they voted for Trump

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Democrats set their criteria for qualifying for their debates, so it's absurd to criticize Mike Bloomberg for not participating.

I'm reading "Democrats attack Bloomberg for running imperial campaign/The billionaire businessman says he's sticking to his principle of not accepting donations, and therefore not participating in debates" (Politico).

I am getting the feeling that Politico is pro-Bloomberg, so I'm a bit skeptical about who, actually, is criticizing Bloomberg. But there are names attached to the criticism:
“He is skipping the democracy part of this,” Elizabeth Warren told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Monday night.

Steyer, who raised small-dollar contributions to qualify for the debate but risks missing the January stage because of his low polling numbers, agreed.

"Any person who wants to be president should be willing to debate their ideas in front of the American people and participate in the grassroots work of meeting and listening to voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina,” Steyer spokesman Benjamin Gerdes said....

Why doesn't Elizabeth Warren invite Bloomberg to debate her face-to-face? Is there some Democratic Party rule that blocks candidates from doing this? Put the 2 of them at a table with no moderator for 2 hours and stream it on YouTube (or wherever).