Democrat Debates

• 4 weeks later...

89630FA7-0862-4E5C-A6E7-95EC1D296A30.thumb.jpeg.501f8bd876ce232e551f7853f466c56b.jpeg

DNC reportedly pitching a fit at the prospect of a Democratic presidential debate moderator who — gasp! — used to write for National Review

A major controversy is brewing over next month’s Democratic presidential debate. No, it has nothing to with candidates’ shadiness and/or corruption. This one’s all about one of the proposed moderators, Politico Magazine chief political correspondent Tim Alberta. What’s wrong with Alberta? Well, he used to write for National Review. And that’s just not sitting well with the DNC, or with some PBS (PBS is co-hosting the debate with Politico) and even Politico journalists.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/11/18/dnc-reportedly-pitching-a-fit-at-the-prospect-of-a-democratic-presidential-debate-moderator-who-gasp-used-to-write-for-national-review/

Have they seen who moderated the GOP debates in 2012 and 2016? Come on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, 3rdnlng said:

These guys have to take the bulls by their vageynas and do something really popular like populate the moderation team entirely with transgenders, shemales or drag queens. WTF, they need to represent the dems fully.

I still won’t watch it even if the moderators were topless.

Here’s a chance for journalists and networks to demonstrate some of that firefighting courage they always talk about. Tell the DNC these are the moderators. Period. The candidates & the DNC can then show up or not.

The former Clinton press secretary moderated a debate with a Clinton in it! This is a thing that happened!

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

89630FA7-0862-4E5C-A6E7-95EC1D296A30.thumb.jpeg.501f8bd876ce232e551f7853f466c56b.jpeg

DNC reportedly pitching a fit at the prospect of a Democratic presidential debate moderator who — gasp! — used to write for National Review

A major controversy is brewing over next month’s Democratic presidential debate. No, it has nothing to with candidates’ shadiness and/or corruption. This one’s all about one of the proposed moderators, Politico Magazine chief political correspondent Tim Alberta. What’s wrong with Alberta? Well, he used to write for National Review. And that’s just not sitting well with the DNC, or with some PBS (PBS is co-hosting the debate with Politico) and even Politico journalists.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/11/18/dnc-reportedly-pitching-a-fit-at-the-prospect-of-a-democratic-presidential-debate-moderator-who-gasp-used-to-write-for-national-review/

They must be terrified he'll fact-check the candidates mid-debate...y'know, like Candy Crowley did in 2012, which is totally unfair when it's not a Republican who's targeted.  

***** hypocrites.  I practically welcome the upcoming shooting war at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

"Yes, I was one of history's most deranged mass murderers, killing, like, 20 million people, but even I knew a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. And we didn't have any of this weird transgender athlete stuff---we just used steroids to stifle the competition...

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Half of the National Review crowd is pulling for the Dems anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

MEANWHILE, OVER AT VODKAPUNDIT: 

DNC to POLITICO: We Can’t Have a Debate at Our Debates. 

“POLITICO’s Tim Alberta got his start writing for National Review, which means that the Democratic National Committee is pretty sure that he is radioactive, a brain-eating zombie, and quite possibly a carrier of the deadly Ebola virus. Now that POLITICO wants to bring Alberta on as a debate moderator, the Dems are throwing another self-defeating hissy-fit. It’s their way.

Read the whole thing

On 11/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, Rob's House said:

Half of the National Review crowd is pulling for the Dems anyway.

cratered the day WFB stopped contributing

there was never any point to NR beyond WFB's contributions

Rachel Maddow is a lying sack of *****.

And Lizzie is going to impeach him based on the Mueller report.

These people are insane. 

And Amy who-has-no-chance-and-I-can't-spell-her-last-name (and don't care) is gonna wait for evidence but this is impeachable conduct!! And Trump is sucking up to Putin.

Now, we are on to Bernie... the guy who took a third house to go away last time so Hillary didn't have a floor vote, is calling Trump corrupt! Wow. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buttigieg said Trump has abused his power and confessed to it.  :blink:  

Yeah, these people may want to get a new shtick... 

Biden thinks Trump doesn't want him to run against him. Oyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Harris - "We have a criminal living in the White House. "

Anyone want to tell her Obama moved out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I’m listening over the radio — but yikes that was a bad opener for Joe. 

He sounds lost. 

Booker looks excited, Bernie looks like the crypt keeper,  Lizzie looks like an elf, Harris sounds like her nose is more plugged than normal...

Quite the line-up the Dems have there!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Booker looks excited, Bernie looks like the crypt keeper,  Lizzie looks like an elf, Harris sounds like her nose is more plugged than normal...

Quite the line-up the Dems have there!

Gal, you’re doing The Lord’s work watching that dog and pony show for the rest of us 

??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Gal, you’re doing The Lord’s work watching that dog and pony show for the rest of us 

I'm not sure how long I can keep at it... This is horrible. 

So far, Bernie, Lizzie, and Booker all want to raise taxes. Lizzie is gonna give everyone "free" medicare for all starting at 50. 

Bernie says the current health care system is "cruel". I thought ObamaCare solved all those problems?  And Bernie just smacked Obama ?  

Tulsi - the democratic party isn't for the people. It is for greedy corporate interests, military industrial complex (and she named something else). 

She just lumped Trump's foreign policy in with Clinton's and Bush's foreign policy!  :blink:

Asked Harris for a response - She said Tulsi spent 4 years complaining about Obama on Fox, and she (Tulsi) buddied up to Trump.  
If Kamala was in any way likable, that would have been a big shot. 

Tulsi says Harris is trafficking in lies (well, that is true).  And then Tulsi went on to talk about her service. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Inside baseball interesting thing:

They set Tulsi up w a “why do you hate the party and Hilary Clinton” question — and then IMMEDIATELY asks Harris (who is backed by Clinton people on her staff) to respond. 

Not surprising that NBC would do Clinton a favor like that. 

Now NBC gives Harris the last word, and will not go back to Tulsi for awhile I bet. 

Biden is saying the AG/DOJ isn't supposed to be directed by the President. Holy crap. Was he asleep during the Obama administration? (Yeah, I know, probably.)

Bernie is bringing up the impeachment "hearings" . Ummm he hasn't been told about the internal polls, has he? 

Rachel Maddow wants Trump prosecuted for ummm.... things... after he is out of office. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I cannot imagine one of these people being the nominee, let along beating President Trump. How does anyone think running on raise taxes, raise taxes, impeach Trump, impeach Trump, work on climate change, and people are suffering  in this economy and need a hand up, is a winning strategy? 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Liz is clueless. Developers only build houses they know they can sell...period! Just like everybody else that makes and sells a product.

Your homelessness in Southern California is in large part due to the price of the available land in order to build on. The available land is restricted by regulations created because of the lack of water. To top it off you have a mild climate that allows people to live in tents on the street.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Your homelessness in Southern California is in large part due to the price of the available land in order to build on. The available land is restricted by regulations created because of the lack of water. To top it off you have a mild climate that allows people to live in tents on the street.

The vast vast majority of Homeless people are not homeless because they can’t afford a house!  

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? Liz was commenting on private developers. I have no idea what you’re referring to.

I was referring to the comment you quoted "homelessness is caused by the government not building houses."

Edited by Uncle Joe

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

The comment you quoted "homelessness is caused by the government not building houses."

Liz was complaining that private developers were only building big houses. Still not sure where you’re going.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Really? They could afford a house in SC?

Do you live here? The vast majority of homeless people are drug addicts. We have literally millions of poor immigrants here. They are not homeless. They have jobs and homes and still have money left over to send money back to Mexico! Our classic homeless dude is a white male who wanders the streets barking at the moon...when the moon isn’t even out. Come on out! I’ll take you on a tour. It’s disgusting, and a shame all at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Liz was complaining that private developers were only building big houses. Still not sure where you’re going.

Our difference may be with the term developer vs builder/contractor.
A developer contractor has his own plan.
A builder/contractor will take government money to build the government's plan.

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

Our difference may be with the term developer vs builder/contractor.
A developer contractor has his own plan.
A builder/contractor will take government money to build the government's plan.

No doubt. I was only commenting on what Liz was referring to. Her comment was that people couldn’t buy homes because developers were only building big expensive homes. Which is of course illogical. Who are these developers selling these houses to? Is there some hidden stockpile of mansions sitting empty somewhere?

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you live here? The vast majority of homeless people are drug addicts. We have literally millions of poor immigrants here. They are not homeless. They have jobs and homes and still have money left over to send money back to Mexico! Our classic homeless dude is a white male who wanders the streets barking at the moon...when the moon isn’t even out. Come on out! I’ll take you on a tour. It’s disgusting, and a shame all at the same time. 

No, I don't live there but I used to---Whittier Hills & Ventura.