Democrat Debates

49 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Piss poor point, considering you're wrong.

Running a campaign purely on spite won't win. It won't drive people to the polls in the needed numbers, not when Trump has grown his base, not shrunk it. To get the people out during the general, there needs to be a candidate for the younger progressives to get excited about. It's not Joe. 

It's not Bernie (anymore). 

It's likely not Warren. 

There's no one on stage who represents what that group wants to see: a non white male who's not a product of the system. Kamala Harris is a system/establishment candidate. Warren is too. Joe certainly is. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Running a campaign purely on spite won't win. It won't drive people to the polls in the needed numbers, not when Trump has grown his base, not shrunk it. To get the people out during the general, there needs to be a candidate for the younger progressives to get excited about. It's not Joe. 

It's likely not Warren. 

There's no one on stage who represents what that group wants to see: a non white male who's not a product of the system. Kamala Harris is a system/establishment candidate. Warren is too. Joe certainly is. 

No.

Progressives hate Trump.

That will get them out to vote no matter who the candidate is.

The real reason Trump won 2016 had more to do with who didn't show up to the polls or voted 3rd party because of the widely publicized "gimme" Hilary had in that election than it did some widespread seismic shift in our country.

Trump getting elected woke a lot of people the hell up.

Your view is clearly that Trump's election was THE indicator of a massive idelogical shift in our country, I believe it's the result of widespread complacency that just won't happen again.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Your view is clearly that Trump's election was THE indicator of a massive idelogical shift in our country, I believe it's the result of widespread complacency that just won't happen again.

You do realize there were more votes cast in 2016 than 2012 and about the exact same amount as in 2008 right?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's likely not Warren. 

There is a real fear on the left that Trump will win re-election in 2020.  The denial demonstrated via framing the 2020 election as the same as the 2016 election is very evident by our lefty posters.  I said it yesterday here and will say it again is the stock market has performed, unemployment is down in most areas, and no new wars will be issues that a Democratic candidate can't ignore in terms of giving Trump his due.  You're right in that no young progressive voter is salivating over Biden.  I still think that they are willing to let 2020 go in order to begin a reshaping of the party.  Sometimes when the woods is choked with deadwood it is best to take a match to it in order for the new growth to emerge.  That is the mindset of the young progressive Democrat.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't want to buy another flag.

I laughed when Bernie had to tell Biden by whispering in his ear what the idiot at the end of the stage said about his health care plan.  Bernie's been 45 his whole life.  The trouble with Biden is he's never been a coherent speaker so it's tough to differentiate whether he's going senile or it's just being himself.

Sure.  Use your imagination.  At minimum North and South Dakota though.  Maybe attach Delaware to Maryland.

I agree only if 45 is the new 80. We agree on Biden. He's a 2x× nomination loser for a reason, and coherence is part of that because at times he seems very likable. 

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No.

Progressives hate Trump.

Incorrect. 

Running an old white man who’s blood type is DC will NOT get the progressives out en mass. That’s the point. They hate Joe as much as they hate Trump because of his gender and race. College kids won’t come out for him, young 20s won’t come out for him, and none of the loudest social media voices in the prog left would help him even if he was drowning. 

Joe has zero chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. 

Running an old white man who’s blood type is DC will NOT get the progressives out en mass. That’s the point. They hate Joe as much as they hate Trump because of his gender and race. College kids won’t come out for him, young 20s won’t come out for him, and none of the loudest social media voices in the prog left would help him even if he was drowning. 

Joe has zero chance. 

And just as the left hatred for Trump will get the progressives out en masse the absolute wackiness of whomever the left nominates will get the conservatives out in a likely bigger mass.  Giving ***** away and open borders are the two issues that fry conservatives nuts the most. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And just as the left hatred for Trump will get the progressives out en masse the absolute wackiness of whomever the left nominates will get the conservatives out in a likely bigger mass.  Giving ***** away and open borders are the two issues that fry conservatives nuts the most. 

Also correct. 

And, Transplant, just so you realize what's happening, this has been making the rounds -- using this link because it has more information and the clip for full context, and while this site IS a right leaning one, I've gotten this video snippet forwarded to me from nothing but progressive/liberal/dnc friends and supporters: 

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2019/09/14/msnbc-contributor-biden-subtle-racist-who-has-drop-out

Joe's not a racist. 

But facts don't matter to the progressive left who do not want a white man to be president, and will not support one even to "beat Trump". 

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Also correct. 

And, Transplant, just so you realize what's happening, this has been making the rounds -- using this link because it has more information and the clip for full context, and while this site IS a right leaning one, I've gotten this video snippet forwarded to me from nothing but progressive/liberal/dnc friends and supporters: 

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2019/09/14/msnbc-contributor-biden-subtle-racist-who-has-drop-out

Joe's not a racist. 

But facts don't matter to the progressive left who do not want a white man to be president, and will not support one even to "beat Trump". 

According to the left all white males are racist. Especially us old farts. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. 

Joe has zero chance. 

Neither candidate wins a general election by getting their base out. They win by winning over independents. 

Joe Biden is well ahead in every poll against Trump because he's safe, which resonates with independent voters who will decide the election. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Neither candidate wins a general election by getting their base out. They win by winning over independents. 

Joe Biden is well ahead in every poll against Trump because he's safe, which resonates with independent voters who will decide the election. 

The independents who swung the election for Trump in key states aren't going back to Joe. The reason they didn't go for Hillary is because she was more of the same/establishment. Joe is every bit the establishment puppet Hillary was/is. 

Joe can't win.

That’s what they thought in 2016. The left has been so militant that Trump voters simply aren’t responding to pollsters. If the election was this month The President would win easily.

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No.

Progressives hate Trump.

The real reason Trump won 2016 had more to do with who didn't show up to the polls or voted 3rd party because of the widely publicized "gimme" Hilary had in that election than it did some widespread seismic shift in our country.

Trump getting elected woke a lot of people the hell up.

I agree with this.   Trump is becoming the Republican version of Hillary.   On top of that he barely edged her out on those last 3 states.   I doubt he takes them again.

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

According to the left all white males are racist. Especially us old farts. 

I know, I know... I'm an old fart that probably just deleted that memo cause I never knew I was supposed to be raysist... Could you forward it to me please?\ so I can get my act together?

THANKS!!!!!

@Deranged Rhino you keep repeating Joe has no shot to win in almost every post as though the more times you say it, the more true it is.

That's not how it works, just to let you know.

But just so I'm crystal clear, are you saying Joe has no shot to win the general election OR the primary as you'd been saying for months or are you finally conceding he can win the primary but stands no chance in the general?

And please don't try saying you never said Joe had no shot at the primary, we all know that's not true.

But once we get that part finally straightened out, what I believe you really like to do here, from what I've seen, is engage in rhetorical arguments. It seems that's what many of you like to do. Any time I see a poster comment on a poster like me choosing not to engage because their scared or weak or whatever, it's clear you want nothing more than to argue rhetoric.

Rhetoric and politics are undeniably linked, so it makes sense.

The problem is that you cherry pick what are often comparatively miniscule things in comparison with the big picture constantly while simultaneously denying the big picture itself.

Trump won the 2016 election. Obviously.

I think he loses the next election because of a lot of the reasons I've already laid out for you that you simply say are not true.

Fine, I disagree with you. I think my reasons are true, thus, I think Trump loses. 

And it'll probably help that I don't think we're going to have 7.5 million people in our country throw away their votes on someone other than the top 2 candidates, which is what happened in 2016 and it was by far the biggest number of votes cast by at least 4 million since the 2000 election, and I'm betting history, but I won't go back to every single presidential election to figure that out.

And if people aren't throwing votes away like last time and Trump won thanks to just under 80,000 votes that swung the electoral map in his favor in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania... well... you get what I'm saying, even though I can already anticipate what you'll say.

And I disagree.

And round and round we go.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@Deranged Rhino you keep repeating Joe has no shot to win in almost every post as though the more times you say it, the more true it is.

That's not how it works, just to let you know.

But just so I'm crystal clear, are you saying Joe has no shot to win the general election OR the primary

The general. 

The DNC has proven to be crooked in terms of manipulating the primary results, so I won't ever say never to a rigged system (from which Joe came). I find it highly unlikely that he'll win the primary. I expect he'll be gone after SC. 

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But once we get that part finally straightened out, what I believe you really like to do here, from what I've seen, is engage in rhetorical arguments. It seems that's what many of you like to do. Any time I see a poster comment on a poster like me choosing not to engage because their scared or weak or whatever, it's clear you want nothing more than to argue rhetoric.

Rhetoric and politics are undeniably linked, so it makes sense.

Incorrect. I am here to share information and learn from others with different perspectives and experiences. 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The problem is that you cherry pick what are often comparatively miniscule things in comparison with the big picture constantly while simultaneously denying the big picture itself.

An attempted coup of a legitimate president undertaken by elements within the FBI, DOJ, White House, the CIA/Western IC, and several of our "allies" like England, Canada, New Zealand, and France is not a minuscule thing. 

It puts into context the past 48+ months -- and why you're wrong about Joe (and the DNC in general). Joe was a part of the above. There's evidence to prove it -- as well his own corruption in the Ukraine and China both. He's not a good guy. He's not "better" than Trump. He's a cancer on the system who completely lacks the ability to think, govern, or act for himself. He's a puppet of bad people who are right now fighting for their very lives/freedom. 

That's where this started for me in 2016. It has nothing to do with Trump or political parties/partisanship. It has everything to do with not wanting to live in the mirage of a democratic republic, but an actual democratic republic. One not ruled by the intelligence agencies. 

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Trump won the 2016 election. Obviously.

I think he loses the next election because of a lot of the reasons I've already laid out for you that you simply say are not true.

Fine, I disagree with you. I think my reasons are true, thus, I think Trump loses. 

My thesis for three years has been we are in a disinformation war. You have been lied to, over and over the past three years by Joe among others. You're welcome to disagree with that premise -- I'm all about discussion and always open to being wrong. But in this case the facts are on my side, not yours. The only question left is what will be done about it. Trump and Barr right now hold the power in their hands to completely destroy the DNC and GOP establishment in DC. 

The risk in doing so is sparking something ugly in the form of the establishment response (read: civil unrest/war). 

How much can they expose/will they expose without unraveling the entire republic -- which would only serve the goal of the enemy. 

We're about to find out. 

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And it'll probably help that I don't think we're going to have 7.5 million people in our country throw away their votes on someone other than the top 2 candidates, which is what happened in 2016 and it was by far the biggest number of votes cast by at least 4 million since the 2000 election, and I'm betting history, but I won't go back to every single presidential election to figure that out.

And if people aren't throwing votes away like last time and Trump won thanks to just under 80,000 votes that swung the electoral map in his favor in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania... well... you get what I'm saying, even though I can already anticipate what you'll say.

And I disagree.

And round and round we go.

This isn't, at all, what happened in 2016. 

No one threw away their vote. This sums it up best -- and he made it before the election: 

You're still thinking it was a fluke. It wasn't. 

Nor was Brexit. 

This is a global movement that hasn't even begun to show itself in full. 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The general. 

The DNC has proven to be crooked in terms of manipulating the primary results, so I won't ever say never to a rigged system (from which Joe came). I find it highly unlikely that he'll win the primary. I expect he'll be gone after SC. 

Incorrect. I am here to share information and learn from others with different perspectives and experiences. 

An attempted coup of a legitimate president undertaken by elements within the FBI, DOJ, White House, the CIA/Western IC, and several of our "allies" like England, Canada, New Zealand, and France is not a minuscule thing. 

It puts into context the past 48+ months -- and why you're wrong about Joe (and the DNC in general). Joe was a part of the above. There's evidence to prove it -- as well his own corruption in the Ukraine and China both. He's not a good guy. He's not "better" than Trump. He's a cancer on the system who completely lacks the ability to think, govern, or act for himself. He's a puppet of bad people who are right now fighting for their very lives/freedom. 

That's where this started for me in 2016. It has nothing to do with Trump or political parties/partisanship. It has everything to do with not wanting to live in the mirage of a democratic republic, but an actual democratic republic. One not ruled by the intelligence agencies. 

My thesis for three years has been we are in a disinformation war. You have been lied to, over and over the past three years by Joe among others. You're welcome to disagree with that premise -- I'm all about discussion and always open to being wrong. But in this case the facts are on my side, not yours. The only question left is what will be done about it. Trump and Barr right now hold the power in their hands to completely destroy the DNC and GOP establishment in DC. 

The risk in doing so is sparking something ugly in the form of the establishment response (read: civil unrest/war). 

How much can they expose/will they expose without unraveling the entire republic -- which would only serve the goal of the enemy. 

We're about to find out. 

This isn't, at all, what happened in 2016. 

No one threw away their vote. This sums it up best -- and he made it before the election: 

You're still thinking it was a fluke. It wasn't. 

Nor was Brexit. 

This is a global movement that hasn't even begun to show itself in full. 

Hope that was enjoyable.

I disagree.

Have fun.

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The independents who swung the election for Trump in key states aren't going back to Joe. The reason they didn't go for Hillary is because she was more of the same/establishment. Joe is every bit the establishment puppet Hillary was/is. 

Joe can't win.

Then why is he ahead by 10 points in most polls?

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Meanwhile 50,000 GM workers are striking due to plant closures as GM moves production to Mexico. 

I agree that people voted for these reasons in 2016, but I'm not sure they'll vote that way again. 

Edited by jrober38

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Then why is he ahead by 10 points in most polls?

He's not. The polls are fake -- as they were in 2016. Polls -- even the honestly run ones (which are few and far between) require truthful answers from the participants to be valid. After three years of the DNC, progressive fascists, and the media refusing a peaceful transition of power and calling anyone who voted for Trump a racist, Putin apologist, traitor -- you're asking a lot if you expect people to publicly announce their intentions. 

They'd rather wait until November, cast their vote, and watch the meltdown than identify themselves as a target for the brownshirts.

Add 10 to any poll and you'll be closer to reality. 

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Meanwhile 50,000 GM workers are striking due to plant closures as GM moves production to Mexico. 

I agree that people voted for these reasons in 2016, but I'm not sure they'll vote that way again. 

The DNC called those people racists, deplorables, traitors, and have tried to shame them, incite violence, and smear them unfairly for three years. They watched with wide open eyes what was done to Kavanaugh. They watched what was done to the Covington Kids.

No way those voters are suddenly going to cast their vote for the side that's thinks they're scum, threatens their lives, jobs, and children. 

2020 won't be close.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He's not. The polls are fake -- as they were in 2016. Polls -- even the honestly run ones (which are few and far between) require truthful answers from the participants to be valid. After three years of the DNC, progressive fascists, and the media refusing a peaceful transition of power and calling anyone who voted for Trump a racist, Putin apologist, traitor -- you're asking a lot if you expect people to publicly announce their intentions. 

They'd rather wait until November, cast their vote, and watch the meltdown than identify themselves as a target for the brownshirts.

Add 10 to any poll and you'll be closer to reality. 

The DNC called those people racists, deplorables, traitors, and have tried to shame them, incite violence, and smear them unfairly for three years. They watched with wide open eyes what was done to Kavanaugh. They watched what was done to the Covington Kids.

No way those voters are suddenly going to cast their vote for the side that's thinks they're scum, threatens their lives, jobs, and children. 

2020 won't be close.

The polls aren't fake. In 2016 Hilary was ahead by 3 points. She won the popular vote by 2 points, but polling didn't account for the electoral college. 

Right now Biden leads Trump by 8-15 points in pretty much every poll that's come out. If he wins the popular vote by that type of margin, Trump is going to get annihilated in the electoral college. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

The polls aren't fake.

They are. And were in 2016. 

If you didn't learn that then, or in Brexit, you're living in fantasy land. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

In 2016 Hilary was ahead by 3 points. She won the popular vote by 2 points, but polling didn't account for the electoral college. 

In other words -- the poll was wrong/fake. It asked the wrong questions in order to generate an outcome which inflated Clinton and hurt Trump despite the question having no bearing on the outcome of the election.

You just proved my point. They frame the question dishonestly, people answer them dishonestly, then they plaster the results which are meaningless in terms of predicting the actual outcome. 

The media is not your friend. They are lying to you. Just as they did for three years about Trump/Russia. Just as they did about WMD in Iraq. Just as they did about government spying on Americans. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Right now Biden leads Trump by 8-15 points in pretty much every poll that's come out. If he wins the popular vote by that type of margin, Trump is going to get annihilated in the electoral college. 

There's not a chance his lead is that high in reality. 

Zero chance. 

Biden cannot win the primary without them cheating it. He darn sure can't win the general.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In other words -- the poll was wrong/fake. It asked the wrong questions in order to generate an outcome which inflated Clinton and hurt Trump despite the question having no bearing on the outcome of the election.

You just proved my point. They frame the question dishonestly, people answer them dishonestly, then they plaster the results which are meaningless in terms of predicting the actual outcome. 

The media is not your friend. They are lying to you. Just as they did for three years about Trump/Russia. Just as they did about WMD in Iraq. Just as they did about government spying on Americans. 

Zero chance. 

Biden cannot win the primary without them cheating it. He darn sure can't win the general.

Again, Hilary was projected to win the popular vote by 3 points, and she won it by 2.

You're delusional if you think that constitutes something fake. 

Independents don't vote in primaries, and the independents will be the ones who decide the election. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Again, Hilary was projected to win the popular vote by 3 points, and she won it by 2.

The popular vote is irrelevant when predicting a POTUS winner. 

Thus, it's a fake poll. It's meaningless and designed to mislead, not inform. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Independents don't vote in primaries, and the independents will be the ones who decide the election. 

They will. 

And for three years they've been called racist, bigots, Putin supporters, and watched the left/DNC/congress forcefully resist the transition of power, smear people without due process, call for dramatic social and governmental reforms which would move the country from a republic to something very different and dangerous... 

They aren't coming back to the left. They're going to plug their noses and vote for Trump again because the left has learned nothing from 2016. Nothing.

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Zero chance. 

Does one skip or prance while in fantasy land?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're delusional if you think that constitutes something fake. 

1.6 million illegitimate voters in LA being a large contributor to Hillary's 2 percent.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prance. Definitely prance. 

(spoken from first hand experience) :lol: :beer: 

I call it sashaying. As far as polls go, when asked if you were for Medicare for all, the majority of Americans said that they were. When asked if you were for Medicare for all with the elimination of private insurance, the vast majority of Americans said "hell no". It matters how you ask the question.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And for three years they've been called racist, bigots, Putin supporters, and watched the left/DNC/congress forcefully resist the transition of power, smear people without due process, call for dramatic social and governmental reforms which would move the country from a republic to something very different and dangerous... 

They aren't coming back to the left. They're going to plug their noses and vote for Trump again because the left has learned nothing from 2016. Nothing.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They will. 

So the independent voters, who have supposedly been called racists for 3 years, are going to turn out and vote in the democratic primaries.... for who?

What you're saying doesn't make any sense whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

1.6 million illegitimate voters in LA being a large contributor to Hillary's 2 percent.

Such a liar 

•  
  • Trump's economic approval takes hit in battleground states: poll

Trump's economic approval takes hit in battleground states: poll

CAMPAIGN09/16/19

President Trump’s economic approval numbers are declining in key battleground states and he trails a generic Democrat in the race for the White House, according to a poll conducted by Priorities USA, the nation’s largest Democratic super PAC.

The survey of Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin finds a generic Democrat leading Trump 48 percent to 40 percent, with 11 percent undecided. Thirty-six percent said they would definitely vote for the Democrat, against only 26 percent who said they would definitely vote for Trump.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

So the independent voters, who have supposedly been called racists for 3 years, are going to turn out and vote in the democratic primaries.... for who?

I am about as far from being a Republican as one can be.

I’m a libertarian leaning classical liberal.  I’ve never cast a ballot for a Republican for President in my life. 

I’ll be pulling the lever for Trump in the next election and will never vote for a Democrat again in my life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Some states allow independents to vote in the primary. 

But this conflation is because we're talking past one another, and about two topics at once. Joe has no chance to win the general. That's a lock. Joe may win the primary, only because as we learned in 2016 it's not a fair system. Its rigged and will be rigged again to favor the establishment candidate (which Joe is -- but he's not the only one). 

If he survives the primary, which I doubt, he'll have zero shot to win those independents back. None. Joe isn't a great uniter. He's not a good politician. He's a puppet who has no idea how to win a presidential campaign as he's proved 2x in the past already. 

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I am about as far from being a Republican as one can be.

I’m a libertarian leaning classical liberal.  I’ve never cast a ballot for a Republican for President in my life. 

I’ll be pulling the lever for Trump in the next election and will never vote for a Democrat again in my life.

:beer: 

I have a checklist I'm using:

*Anyone who was involved directly in SpyGate, or fanning the disinformation about Trump/Russia are automatically DQ'd. (that's everyone on stage right now but Yang)

*Anyone who is pushing democratic socialism, backdoor or explicitly, or identity politics, are automatically DQ'd. 

*Anyone who's openly flashed allegiance to the darker segments of the control structure through symbolism or association are automatically DQ'd.