Sign in to follow this  
eball

Having a hard time talking myself out of 10 wins for this team...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, but this is completely doable. Dolphins are a joke. Jets with Gase coaching, Haha! This is our year to take the AFC East. Brady IS going to be slower this year. I can see it.

Boy I sure hope you are right

Vegas has the Jets  a 7.5 win team,  the Dolphins (Vegas 5 wins) and get swept, once again by the Pats.  Will Brady be worse next year,, probably,  will it matter much to the Bills, nope, he isnt going to get much worse than his last game versus the Bills 54% completion, 216 yards, 2 ints 1 Td and guess what, the Pats still were in control of that game.  Their O Line has gotten better and they have another RB in the stable, they will dominate us,  run down our throats, once again.

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.  They have a good roster, Darnold and added fresh legs in Leveon Bell,  Just like the Pats, I think the Jets are going to be able to run aggressively against us.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

I want to win every game of course, but I think a slower start (with plenty of Fire McBeane posts) followed by a nice run to the playoffs would be rather hilarious in here. :D

CARNAGE!🤯

Then again, it would cull the herd..

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.

Didn't we just see that in Miami?  For a supposed offensive "guru" he sure made a ton of questionable decisions on that side of the ball.

The almost certain conflict between Gase and Greggggg is going to be so much fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Boy I sure hope you are right

I say we sweep the jets (Vegas has them s a 4 win team), split with the Dolphins (Vegas 7 wins) and get swept, once again by the Pats.  Will Brady be worse next year,, probably,  will it matter much to the Bills, nope, he isnt going to get much worse than his last game versus the Bills 54% completion, 216 yards, 2 ints 1 Td and guess what, the Pats still were in control of that game.  Their O Line has gotten better and they have another RB in the stable, they will dominate us,  run down our throats, once again.

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.  They have a good roster, Darnold and added fresh legs in Leveon Bell,  Just like the Pats, I think the Jets are going to be able to run aggressively against us.

they really only have the jets at 4 wins?  i wondering the reasoning is behind that.  i'd be surprised if they were that bad.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

they really only have the jets at 4 wins?  i wondering the reasoning is behind that.  i'd be surprised if they were that bad.

without looking it up that's gotta be backwards. I would have assumed Miami at 4 and jets at 7.... I would absolutely HAMMER the over on a 4 win line for the jets.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, teef said:

My God, good catch typo, 7.5 wins and Miami at 5..

More I think about it, i stand behind my  3-3 in the AFCE  as the right answer.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

without looking it up that's gotta be backwards. I would have assumed Miami at 4 and jets at 7.... I would absolutely HAMMER the over on a 4 win line for the jets.

Latest odds are NY Jets 7.5, Miami 4, Bills at 6 and NE 11

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

If Allen takes the next step and improves they’ll win 10+ games.  Pretty simple. 

Yeah I had 11 wins in a thread the other month, and I'm usually pretty pessimistic. I actually think if Allen takes a leap in year 2 and we get a little luck, we could do what the Jags did a couple of years ago and get to the AFC championship. 

Seriously. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Josh turned Zay Jones into a threat over the final five weeks of the season.

Just sayin'... ;)

Think calling Zay a threat is an exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Didn't we just see that in Miami?  For a supposed offensive "guru" he sure made a ton of questionable decisions on that side of the ball.

The almost certain conflict between Gase and Greggggg is going to be so much fun to watch.

Yea.  Gase is the biggest reason the Jets will miss the playoffs to my mind. That team is talented. Yes it has a couple of holes but most teams do. I think Gase is a bad head coach though. 

10 wins?  I'm just praying they're still 'In The Hunt' when I go to Dallas for Thanksgiving.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

5-1 in the AFC East?  Seriously?

I am saying 3-3

Well I actually think we go

6-0 but because of Party Poopers like you I said 5-1

Edited by ALLEN1QB

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

with my optimistic cap on  I can come up with 10 wins,  very optimistic hat 12 wins, very very optimistic hat 14 wins 

With my Super-D-Duper optimistic hat Im at 19-0 baby!

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

with my optimistic cap on  I can come up with 10 wins,  very optimistic hat 12 wins, very very optimistic hat 14 wins 

Are you sure this is the right thread? This sounds like a strange thought from a mind in an altered state. 

I hope one day you make me eat those words!   😋

• Haha (+1) 1

Love the OP.  While I tend to veer homer, I do think there is a strong foundation for optimism this season.

A lot of it comes down to how much trust any of us put into Beane and his vision.  This season is a sort of early culmination of the work he has put in - dumping bloated contracts, trading players, investing in a top QB prospect, etc.   

I believe in Beane.  The table is now set, and it’s coinciding nicely with what I anticipate will be at least a slight decline in the biggest obstacle we’ve had over the years in the Patriots.

Anything less than 10 wins would be a big surprise to me, and obviously disappointing.

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If Allen takes the next step and improves they’ll win 10+ games.  Pretty simple. 

...if not., put 'em between the pipes for the Sabres......you never know....

Too many indicators pointing up for me to be pessimistic. From the roster remake to the schedule. And I'm not bowing to the aging Patriots. In fact I put money on the Bills winning the division.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

original post is well thought through and makes a good case for ten wins.  I am a bit of a contrarian. I think the offense assuming proper coaching will be above NFL average. I expect Allen’s floor this season to be an average Brett Farve season and his ceiling  to be a good Steve Young season. I think people  are overly optimistic about the defense I don’t. Expect in his rookie season for Oliver to be a an upgrade over kyle Williams I am concerned that without KYLE and after getting paid Hughes will be less productive. 

My biggest concern is coaching. I think McDermott has a tendency towards blind spots the biggest being his terrible assessment of NATE Peterman. I don’t consider him a proven head coach. 

Disagree, on Oliver. While I loved meatball as much as the next Bills fan he had lost a step and it showed. Oliver and Phillips can more than man the 3 technique and if Harrison Phillips can show anything at all I think they are fine. I also think Trent Murphy has a little more sizzle to him than a lot of fans think. 10 sacks for Hughes and 5-7 for Murphy this year. Lawson will chip in 3-4. Oliver at +/- 5 seems right. I'm more worried about the space eater 1 technique with Star L.

LB is a question mark. I haven't been a big Edmunds guy, but he improved and looked pretty good by season end. He is a good pass defender. Milano is a personal favorite, I hope he is recovered. What does Lorax have left? V Joseph and Siran Neal may surprise.

Other than S depth the secondary will cut potential nickel/ boundary guys for other teams. Solid.

8-10 wins. I have guessed 5 each of the last two years.

8-8, no blow outs, a few guys emerge and JA improves and I am ok. 10+ and playoffs and I'm very happy.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Disagree, on Oliver. While I loved meatball as much as the next Bills fan he had lost a step and it showed. Oliver and Phillips can more than man the 3 technique and if Harrison Phillips can show anything at all I think they are fine. I also think Trent Murphy has a little more sizzle to him than a lot of fans think. 10 sacks for Hughes and 5-7 for Murphy this year. Lawson will chip in 3-4. Oliver at +/- 5 seems right. I'm more worried about the space eater 1 technique with Star L.

LB is a question mark. I haven't been a big Edmunds guy, but he improved and looked pretty good by season end. He is a good pass defender. Milano is a personal favorite, I hope he is recovered. What does Lorax have left? V Joseph and Siran Neal may surprise.

Other than S depth the secondary will cut potential nickel/ boundary guys for other teams. Solid.

8-10 wins. I have guessed 5 each of the last two years.

8-8, no blow outs, a few guys emerge and JA improves and I am ok. 10+ and playoffs and I'm very happy.

...so the obvious next questions....8 "W's" means no playoffs....10 "W's" is a legitimate chance.....9 is borderline......so if it's 8 or "borderline 9", are you inclined to keep McBeane/McDermott knowing that 2019 is a multitude of changes, albeit roster and/or coaches, or are you of the "fire everybody" camp?....

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If Allen is great, then they win 10+ games. Just “ takes the next step and improves “ doesn’t get them there. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so the obvious next questions....8 "W's" means no playoffs....10 "W's" is a legitimate chance.....9 is borderline......so if it's 8 or "borderline 9", are you inclined to keep McBeane/McDermott knowing that 2019 is a multitude of changes, albeit roster and/or coaches, or are you of the "fire everybody" camp?....

so if it's 8-9, but the team shows progress. No blow out losses, no losses where the Bills get run over for 200 yards, keep.

I'm not happy at 8, but injuries happen, a guy does not pan out, bounces don't go the Bills way.

Less than 8 wins, without a major injury and I am more concerned.

I'm all for a 5 year tryout with McBeane. Got to let the plan gel.

I like the direction, and I have patience.

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

so if it's 8-9, but the team shows progress. No blow out losses, no losses where the Bills get run over for 200 yards, keep.

I'm not happy at 8, but injuries happen, a guy does not pan out, bounces don't go the Bills way.

Less than 8 wins, without a major injury and I am more concerned.

I'm all for a 5 year tryout with McBeane. Got to let the plan gel.

I like the direction, and I have patience.

...so do I and I think you you have a reasonable, spot on assessment.......

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If Allen is great, then they win 10+ games. Just “ takes the next step and improves “ doesn’t get them there. 

Unless he gets help from those around him - ie. Foster emerges or one of Brown / Beasley has a career year or Shady bounces back to his best.... I agree just Josh playing hero ball all the time but doing it a bit better than last year isn't 10 wins. He has to get better and he needs a bit of help. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

whether people believe in Allen or not, its really hard to ignore the teams record with him and then without him in games last year.

Same thing could be said about Barkley.

I think a good deal of the improvement will depend on the new coaches hired.  Some of the coaches IMO were not very good and that hurt development.

The margin between 10-6 and 6-10 is so slim.  There is zero momentum season to season.  Every other team in the league has promising rookies and second year guys poised to make the leap.  I'm optimistic but I do not see 10 wins unless everything bounces right.

• Like (+1) 1