Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

1 hour ago, stony said:

I have a limited understanding of how to build a roster, but I'm keeping him even if he is the 4th option.  That seems like a good thing?

This guy obviously thinks our depth chart is determined by salary.

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever read. 

It's certainly possible that Robert Foster is running as the #4 WR by the time Week 1 comes around.

Observers say that John Brown has been operating as our #1 guy in practice so far, which should not be surprising.

Cole Beasley will be our slot receiver, and will possibly lead the group in targets.

My assumption is that Zay Jones and Robert Foster will then be competing for snaps on the outside.  They have completely different skill-sets.  So unless one really shows tremendous improvement and progression, it's very likely they will rotate depending on offensive situation. 

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That guy is definitely looking for attention. I don’t think as highly of foster as some on here but he’s surely not trade bait in his second year. He showed some real flashes and rapport with Allen last season. Our biggest weaknesses last season could possibly be the strongest this year. Foster isn’t trade or cut bait. He will 100% be on the team and could either lead the team in receiving or be a rotational deep threat with brown. One way or another though he’s seeing meaningful snaps during the season 

You're absolutely right.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Guys the moral of the story is, if you have ever wanted to try football journalism, you can probably do it. 

That made me almost spit my water out...nicely played hahahaha

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Guys the moral of the story is, if you have ever wanted to try football journalism, you can probably do it. 

Ha ha! Definitely a low entry barrier.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....SAME picture I saw in the post office.........

Are you sure it wasn’t a mirror? 

28 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree with you.  When you take into account the frequency of injuries in the league, having four guys that can play is more of a necessity than a luxury.  In this case, it is a good deal when Foster has a cheap contract. 

It's not a luxury at all.  It's the way NFL rosters are built.

I blame the NFL for having this "quiet period" in June when there's little or no news to report.  Anybody can. make up any kind of crap in June.

I think the point is to get rid of underperforming expensive guys, not inexpensive overachieving UDFA's, or am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's certainly possible that Robert Foster is running as the #4 WR by the time Week 1 comes around.

Observers say that John Brown has been operating as our #1 guy in practice so far, which should not be surprising.

Cole Beasley will be our slot receiver, and will possibly lead the group in targets.

My assumption is that Zay Jones and Robert Foster will then be competing for snaps on the outside.  They have completely different skill-sets.  So unless one really shows tremendous improvement and progression, it's very likely they will rotate depending on offensive situation. 

Right, and not to mention injuries, situational match-ups etc

Just now, Augie said:

Are you sure it wasn’t a mirror? 

..so that was you behind me?....dammit............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..so that was you behind me?....dammit............

I am........the photo bomber! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Some people have too much time on their hands.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a wild take ... isnt this the analyst who is on WGR all the time? 

Schopp loves this guy...that might sum up his credibility.  

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Foster will not be traded. I do see him being utilized in different packages. If he is #4 it will be in title only. He is valuable in terms of stretching the field whereas a guy like Zay may be subbed out for a few plays every here and there. It wouldn't surprise me to see them split time.

I am in the camp that believes Foster will start opposite John Brown.  IMO, there is almost no chance Foster will be traded, he has #1 WR potential, is entering his 2nd year after quite the emergence with Allen last year, and goes back in Dabolls system to college.  But hey, if he struggles and someone else shines, you never know...but the odds right now are almost nil IMO.  

There's always room on a roster for a player that produces.  I believe Foster gives Dabol opportunities to put multiple combinations on the field to put all sorts of varying pressures on opposing defenses.  

A WR with good size and speed......who put up great numbers in the 2nd half of last season....on a very good contract for the bills

Yeah....lets trade him.....

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever read. 

Wow........and you've been here a LONG time.....

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing to see here, this guy is an absolute nobody whose "articles" have to be clickbait or else he can't get anyone to pay him for just spouting his uneducated opinion. Patreon is like panhandling, it's not a real job.

• Haha (+1) 1