Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

Yesterday's news showed footage of many Toronto Raptors fans cheer the achilles injury suffered by Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals.  Players and media we're quick to object and denounce these cheers.

I've never been one to cheer an injury.  But, if TB12 went down during a game in Orchard Park... Welllllll...?!

Do you think the crowd would cheer?  Is he the only one who'd get that treatment?

Edited by judman

This is just stupid. T’ronO is playing in and ahead in the NBA Finals. Opposition star injures himself while the home team loses by 1 point. Of course they’re happy the opponents best player can’t continue. Who wouldn’t be? This is just a media frenzy stunt. 

And it lassoed in Judman..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

I don't think I would celebrate in an obvious and outward way. But I wouldn't hide my excitement that our team's odds have improved. 

These guys are paid millions of dollars to put their bodies on the line. They all are aware of the risks they face. An injury to any player is unfortunate for them, but I'm sure not losing any sleep over it. 

8 minutes ago, judman said:

Yesterday's news showed footage of many Toronto Raptors fans cheer the achilles injury suffered by Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals.  Players and media we're quick to object and denounce these cheers.

I've never been one to cheer an injury.  But, if TB12 went down during a game in Orchard Park... Welllllll...?!

Do you think the crowd would cheer?  Is he the only one who'd get that treatment?

They've cheered many many injured opponents over time, especially if it seems like a serious injury.

Brady takes a deep drop, Hughes comes around the end, runs up and jump kicks him right in the nuts.

Brady is DOWN, clutching at his groin and they actually bring out the cart because he can’t get out of the fetal position.

Not only would the whole stadium cheer, there would be an explosion of memes and gifs on here that would be shared till forever

?

PS. My coffee tastes better as I reread this

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would never cheer that an opposition player was injured.   That would include Brady.  That's just not the kind of person I am.   I would applaud -- and maybe stand if it was an opposition team's star player -- as the player was taken from the field in the cart just like I would a Bills player. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would like to say no, but fans in times of high emotion do stupid things (Vancouver after they lost the cup). I probably would have been happy if Gronk had to miss a couple games right after he gave Tre the cheap shot, but I never cheer when players get legitimately hurt. I don't like KD at all but I feel bad for him as a human because that is a nasty injury. 

Edited by Jeetz1231

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I would never cheer that an opposition player was injured.   That would include Brady.  That's just not the kind of person I am.   I would applaud -- and maybe stand if it was an opposition team's star player -- as the player was taken from the field in the cart just like I would a Bills player. 

You nailed it.  In my history of attending many Bills and Sabres games the vast majority of fans might initially cheer a big hit that might have caused the injury, but if they see a guy from the opposition go down the mood changes quickly.    People are quiet and then cheer in support of the injured player when he's taken off the field.

• Like (+1) 6

The scene is 2008, the Seahawks are at the Bills for the home opener.

Pollard takes out Brady's knee, reports he tore his ACL verberate through the Ralph.

Bills fans AND Seahawks fans were literally high fiving eachother. I had fans in my section buying eachother beers in celebration.

To act like this is mutually exclusive to just one fan base is stupid. Is it a bad look, yes, but to act like only Toronto does it...

• Like (+1) 2

I hate to admit this , but I was at the game when Rob Johnson got hurt and thousands of Buffalo  fans cheered when Doug Flutie ran out to finish the game.  I'm sure most were Flutie fans and wanted him to be starting anyway, but it was awful  that they were cheering when he ran out onto the field and Johnson was being helped off the field. Very disturbing!

• Like (+1) 1

The only players I would've liked to have see gotten injured by us would've been Bryan Cox and Gronk.  Currently, the only one left that is still playing that needs an injury from us would be Kiko Alonso.

• Like (+1) 1