Article says "Ravens QB Jackson didn't know about new offense for 2019 season

21 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Wow how astute. You know what the writer thought and how he reached his conclusion and how “many” people constitute “many”. Is it a burden being that insightful?

Not really. It was laid out pretty clearly in the article. The idea that Jackson not knowing the offense was excusable because 'many' people weren't aware that a Roman offense was likely to be different than a Mornhinweg one, or that he'd somehow have violated the NFLPA by knowing Baltimore was going to have a new offensive system, is tenuous. It doesn't take much insight to see through that argument. I was just commenting on the fact that conflating 'many' with 'many in the Ravens organization' in an attempt to prove Jackson's not an imbecile is the rhetorical equivalent of a 13 on the Wonderlic.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans here really like to count chickens before they hatch. You'd think they learn... just from being Bills fans....

Yeah, but then they'd be as miserable to read as you are.

(Most of your points use sound judgement, by the way, being grounded in the observable reality of the past. But what a wet blanket you are in this context.)

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not really. It was laid out pretty clearly in the article. The idea that Jackson not knowing the offense was excusable because 'many' people weren't aware that a Roman offense was likely to be different than a Mornhinweg one, or that he'd somehow have violated the NFLPA by knowing Baltimore was going to have a new offensive system, is tenuous. It doesn't take much insight to see through that argument. I was just commenting on the fact that conflating 'many' with 'many in the Ravens organization' in an attempt to prove Jackson's not an imbecile is the rhetorical equivalent of a 13 on the Wonderlic.

So Jackson is now an imbecile, and apparently so am I. Since you decided to make this personal. I’d like to enlighten you. I had a not so distinguished high school career at St. Joe’s, I took the SATs four times, to get a score that would at least be marginally acceptable. I was rejected by multiple universities and finally accepted to a marginal college probably because one of my brothers graduated from there. I don’t think my GPA was ever any better than 2.0. I have however built two distinctly different businesses. I’ve lived in NYC, Charleston SC. Venice Beach CA. the Hamptons and now for a number of years in Delray Beach FL. I’m writing this while sitting in a million dollar condominium a block from one of the nicest beaches in this country. My current business pays me whether I’m there or not. So if my rhetoric scores me a thirteen I’ll take it.

4 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So Jackson is now an imbecile, and apparently so am I. Since you decided to make this personal. I’d like to enlighten you. I had a not so distinguished high school career at St. Joe’s, I took the SATs four times, to get a score that would at least be marginally acceptable. I was rejected by multiple universities and finally accepted to a marginal college probably because one of my brothers graduated from there. I don’t think my GPA was ever any better than 2.0. I have however built two distinctly different businesses. I’ve lived in NYC, Charleston SC. Venice Beach CA. the Hamptons and now for a number of years in Delray Beach FL. I’m writing this while sitting in a million dollar condominium a block from one of the nicest beaches in this country. My current business pays me whether I’m there or not. So if my rhetoric scores me a thirteen I’ll take it.

I didn't agree with the other poster, but you seem extremely sensitive. I mean, so much wtf? In that post I'm not even going to start.

18 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I didn't agree with the other poster, but you seem extremely sensitive. I mean, so much wtf? In that post I'm not even going to start.

He questioned my intelligence, I don’t like being called stupid, do you? Multiple posts have questioned intelligence based on standardized testing. I was making a point. I know really successful people that went to all the right schools that I’m sure did well on all the right tests. I also know people that went to all the right schools and probably did well on all the right tests that are a mess. I’ve worked with a lot of people, schools and tests rarely give insight into who will succeed. What’s  been going on over these six pages is people judging a young man , who has certainly worked very hard to get to where he is. The narrative is adjusted to reach the conclusion that he is stupid. Why do you think that is? What is it about him that would create such vitriol? As to my sensitivity you are right I’m sensitive to prejudice.

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

He questioned my intelligence, I don’t like being called stupid, do you? Multiple posts have questioned intelligence based on standardized testing. I was making a point. I know really successful people that went to all the right schools that I’m sure did well on all the right tests. I also know people that went to all the right schools and probably did well on all the right tests that are a mess. I’ve worked with a lot of people, schools and tests rarely give insight into who will succeed. What’s  been going on over these six pages is people judging a young man , who has certainly worked very hard to get to where he is. The narrative is adjusted to reach the conclusion that he is stupid. Why do you think that is? What is it about him that would create such vitriol? As to my sensitivity you are right I’m sensitive to prejudice.

You're making this into something that it isn't. No one cares about your million dollar condo right by one of the best beaches in America. Or that you get paid whether you show up for work or not.  

That post and what you're doubling down on is really not a good look. 

I'm gonna just say, not that it matters, because this board really doesn't matter in terms of real life, but just stop. 

And I actually agree with your point on Lamar Jackson but you're taking this into another area. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

They gushed over him so much he was the 5th QB taken in that draft.

I really don't understand the point of that comment haha.

I like Allen WAYYYY more than Lamar as a QB prospect to this point, but if you take a look at their stats and how they played in game, they were not very far off. Allen played in twice as many games and their stat avgs are prettttty similar. 

QB 1: 171 yards / game passing, 3.5% TD % and 58% completion

QB 2: 172 yards / game passing, 2.8% TD % and 52% completion 

This board of football minds has determined one is the next big passer and one is a RB who can't throw the ball. This is why people laugh at our fan base. 

When I said the NFL gushed over him I meant after he took over as the starter. He was not good. A more Elite Poster would have understood my point more.

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ok...so his future as a politician after football isn’t so bright...

His Wonderlic score all of a sudden becomes too high for a profession.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just saw this re: one of our newer players and the Wonderlic

RB - Frank Gore: 6 Wonderlic score

Did Frank Gore’s wonderlic test play a role in his draft stock? The San Francisco 49ers took the Pro Bowl running back with the 65th overall pick in the third round of the 2005 draft. Gore has rushed for 14,026 yards and 77 touchdowns so far in his career.

15 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Just saw this re: one of our newer players and the Wonderlic

RB - Frank Gore: 6 Wonderlic score

Did Frank Gore’s wonderlic test play a role in his draft stock? The San Francisco 49ers took the Pro Bowl running back with the 65th overall pick in the third round of the 2005 draft. Gore has rushed for 14,026 yards and 77 touchdowns so far in his career.

Not as big of a deal for RBs

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/27/2019 at 7:58 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Baltimore made the post season last year. The Ravens struggling means another spot opens up. Having a quarterback not grasp a new system or play poorly can lead to a team missing the playoffs. 

I agree that after hearing Jackson speak and the Wonderlic scores, I was skeptical about his ability to read a defense and comprehend a play book. This article does nothing to make those apprehensions go away. 

Apparently it is his ability to read in general that now must be questioned.?

16 hours ago, chris heff said:

You do understand that Jordan Palmer is not on the Bills coaching staff? The can tell him all the terminology they want. There is no mention of anyone from the Bills staff contacting Josh Allen. The Bills did not change coordinators. Are you say that the Ravens should have used a third party to relay new offense and playbook to Jackson?

They could use that reporter that delivers playbooks for the Patriots.  He did a good job delivering Atlantas to Bill Belicheat.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not as big of a deal for RBs

Not at all a big deal for a lot of positions honestly.  From evaluating the NFL talent you can look at it and say - how many RBs/WRs/CBs etc. just straight up blow this off because they know it has 0 effect on them being drafted.  So that might skew data somewhat.  I don't think its super important for QBs either, but a 13 is a pretty terrible score.  You'd like to be somewhere near average at least.  Can't be a dumb QB in this league anymore.  

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Apparently it is his ability to read in general that now must be questioned.?

He's hard to understand honestly

11 hours ago, chris heff said:

Yeah...I never said I thought he was an imbecile. Congrats on the rest. 

The more I think about this the more bizarre it becomes. How can the starting QB not know that they were bringing in a new Offense? Was he not in the facility at all or in touch with the team since the end of the season? This is the QB ffs. It has nothing to do with restrictions on coach-player communication. They just aren’t allowed to “talk football.” The playbook would likely be sitting in his locker - requires no illegal phone calls. It’s almost like he was either MIA and they couldn’t get ahold of him, or a big time fail from the team to prepare the QB. The last thing you want is him trying to think too much out there. 

It’s so ridiculous it makes me wonder if he was told to say this because they did actually talk a lot and they’ve been in trouble before for breaking the CBA rules. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The more I think about this the more bizarre it becomes. How can the starting QB not know that they were bringing in a new Offense? Was he not in the facility at all or in touch with the team since the end of the season? This is the QB ffs. It has nothing to do with restrictions on coach-player communication. They just aren’t allowed to “talk football.” The playbook would likely be sitting in his locker - requires no illegal phone calls. It’s almost like he was either MIA and they couldn’t get ahold of him, or a big time fail from the team to prepare the QB. The last thing you want is him trying to think too much out there. 

It’s so ridiculous it makes me wonder if he was told to say this because they did actually talk a lot and they’ve been in trouble before for breaking the CBA rules. 

I mean... it happened in January that they promoted Roman.  How did you not like... notice? I get like not reading the news daily - but one would think they cleared it with him when they hired him right?

11 hours ago, chris heff said:

So Jackson is now an imbecile, and apparently so am I. Since you decided to make this personal. I’d like to enlighten you. I had a not so distinguished high school career at St. Joe’s, I took the SATs four times, to get a score that would at least be marginally acceptable. I was rejected by multiple universities and finally accepted to a marginal college probably because one of my brothers graduated from there. I don’t think my GPA was ever any better than 2.0.I have however built two distinctly different businesses. I’ve lived in NYC, Charleston SC. Venice Beach CA. the Hamptons and now for a number of years in Delray Beach FL. I’m writing this while sitting in a million dollar condominium a block from one of the nicest beaches in this country. My current business pays me whether I’m there or not. So if my rhetoric scores me a thirteen I’ll take it.

Cool, now please tell us how many times you have " made it rain".     Cool brah, super cool.

18k46tw0684osjpg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1