Article says "Ravens QB Jackson didn't know about new offense for 2019 season

7 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

idk, the media still says JA is inaccurate.  they write to fill a narrative.

That's from Jackson's own mouth. He said he is holding the football incorrectly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

c. there were some on this board wanting us to take Jackson over Allen in the draft.  

And the year before a few people wanted to take Mahomes:..

Thankfully we didn’t hear much about that afterwards.

30 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Wasn’t there an article from Cover 1 posted a few days ago praising the Bills for adjusting there offense to take advantage of Josh Allen’s skill set?

Yup, and what did Aaron Schatz have to say about that? Not starter caliber.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

51 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is it out of 20?

Greg Roman will get the most out of Jackson.

He got the most out of Kaepernick too. Kaep was a better passer than Lamar, which isn't saying much. The Jackson era won't last long in Baltimore. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

There's a reason Jackson posted a 13 on his wonderlic. Great athlete, but he will never be a great QB. 

If he didn’t know a new OC would bring a new offense, the reason he got a 13 may be that he got lucky guessing on a few. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I dont think this predicates whether or not LJ will succeed.

There are too much emphasis put on there being one path and one path only to success. Granted, yes you need to know the playbook. No one is saying that you can free wheel it all the time and win, however, there are players who work better playing off script. Patrick Mahomes won the MVP, doing things mostly off script and remarkable on the fly type of decisions.

To me, the onus is more on Roman to tailor the offense to LJ and not force LJ into an offense that he cant flourish in.

That being said, I'm not overly high on LJ to begin with and dont think hell be an overly good all around QB. I think hell have success, but once teams figure him out, hell be a worse version of Tyrod.

29 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

idk, the media still says JA is inaccurate.  they write to fill a narrative.

Yet, Allen absolutely does need to polish his accuracy. To assume hes perfectly fine in that area is wrong.

I will agree that, judging Allen's success on whether or not he completes 65% of his passes isnt the best way to assess the type of player Josh is. Yet, there is still work to be done in that area without a doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Everyone jumped on the Lamar bandwagon early because the Ravens made the playoffs. 

I'm telling you, I think this kid's going to be a bust. He is NOT an NFL level thrower right now. Unless he makes serious strides, I see him having an RGIII level career.

RG3 was already better lol.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Yet the NFL gushed over him.

They gushed over him so much he was the 5th QB taken in that draft.

I really don't understand the point of that comment haha.

I like Allen WAYYYY more than Lamar as a QB prospect to this point, but if you take a look at their stats and how they played in game, they were not very far off. Allen played in twice as many games and their stat avgs are prettttty similar. 

QB 1: 171 yards / game passing, 3.5% TD % and 58% completion

QB 2: 172 yards / game passing, 2.8% TD % and 52% completion 

This board of football minds has determined one is the next big passer and one is a RB who can't throw the ball. This is why people laugh at our fan base. 

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Defensive coordinators now had a year to figure out how to defense against him.  As someone else said, this is RG3 and I’d include Kaep all over again.  Fast, great runner, and looks to his first maybe second read at best.

He’ll flame out, and our team will be ready for him.  In some ways, I’m more concerned with the Steelers and Browns this year from AFCN.  IT’s going to be fun watching all of these second year QB’s go against each other this year.  All 5 play each other once or twice this year.  I bet Allen has a winning record overall against them.  Should be one of the major talking points by the Pundits this year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Defensive coordinators now had a year to figure out how to defense against him.  As someone else said, this is RG3 and I’d include Kaep all over again.  Fast, great runner, and looks to his first maybe second read at best.

He’ll flame out, and our team will be ready for him.  In some ways, I’m more concerned with the Steelers and Browns this year from AFCN.  IT’s going to be fun watching all of these second year QB’s go against each other this year.  All 5 play each other once or twice this year.  I bet Allen has a winning record overall against them.  Should be one of the major talking points by the Pundits this year.

...damn good comparison bud....both got figured out early on....and IMO, NEITHER demonstrated any QB leadership qualities required of your starter...Kaep got too tied up and distracted in his "tats 'n poses" routine.....RG II 1/8 was all "ME" in pressers after a "W" and teammates under the bus after a "L".....not to mention having Daddy RG muddy the waters.....PERFECT gift to Boy Danny Snyder......

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

If he didn’t know a new OC would bring a new offense, the reason he got a 13 may be that he got lucky guessing on a few. 

It sounds silly, but they promoted Roman from Running Game Coordinator so it's crazy to think there wouldn't be "some" changes, a whole new offense would be surprising. As to how he managed to go so long without knowing is another question..

3 hours ago, H2o said:

There's a reason Jackson posted a 13 on his wonderlic. Great athlete, but he will never be a great QB. 

Kelly got a 15 & Marino got a 16.  I wouldn't hold a 13 Wonderlic against him.  Who knows what the class of 2018 will look like in 5 years?   I don't care as long as everyone rates Josh Allen #1 in due time. 

Also, give Jackson a break. Aren't there rules against players & coaches communication in the off-season?  Blame the players association. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Kelly got a 15 & Marino got a 16.  I wouldn't hold a 13 Wonderlic against him.  Who knows what the class of 2018 will look like in 5 years?   I don't care as long as everyone rates Josh Allen #1 in due time. 

...agreed....those scores are immaterial and do not equate to football acumen......look beyond Jackson's score and go from there....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I'm here to help the youngster............

image.png.602a51ce63a16b424334b85dfb54be23.png

So the fact that Jackson recognizes he is gripping the ball wrong and is trying to correct it makes him stupid? Okay got it.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agreed....those scores are immaterial and do not equate to football acumen......look beyond Jackson's score and go from there....

Looking beyond the score, Jackson is still "intellectually challenged" to put it in a nice way, and not a particularly talented quarterback.  

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Also, give Jackson a break. Aren't there rules against players & coaches communication in the off-season?  Blame the players association. 

Casual fans of the NFL knew the Ravens were changing offense.  There is no NFL rule against paying attention to what is going on with your team.  Pretty sure there is no rule gainst him having a playbook either.