Article says "Ravens QB Jackson didn't know about new offense for 2019 season

The inference here is that Lamar Jackson is stupid and or lazy. It has been pointed out that he scored 13 on the Wonderlic, by the way Jim Kelly scored 15. He must be dumb because his mother is his agent, I’m guessing his mother truly has his best interest at heart, agents at best are duplicitous. Furthermore his representation won’t become important for a few years. He is such a bad QB that a Super Bowl winning coach traded a Super Bowl winning QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

The inference here is that Lamar Jackson is stupid and or lazy. It has been pointed out that he scored 13 on the Wonderlic, by the way Jim Kelly scored 15. He must be dumb because his mother is his agent, I’m guessing his mother truly has his best interest at heart, agents at best are duplicitous. Furthermore his representation won’t become important for a few years. He is such a bad QB that a Super Bowl winning coach traded a Super Bowl winning QB.

LOL Kelly was hungover for sure

Seriously, you don't need to be brilliant to be a good QB, but it helps.

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

4 hours ago, eball said:

Some of the comments to that article are pretty humorous.

I’ll maintain the position I’ve held since last year...Jackson will prove to be no better than the 4th (if not 5th) best QB taken in the 1st round last season.

he'll be 5th when mason rudolph starts playing.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

That's probably an insult to RG3, he actually was a decent thrower and, of course, could run. His problem ended up being a body that could not take an NFL pounding week after week.

Jackson can run, and that's about it. The Chargers figured out how to stop him, so that blueprint is now public.

It seems pretty simple, force him to throw because that is what he is terrible at. His only success in passing was on plays that broke down and he and his receivers were running all over the field in scramble drills. I don't see that as a sustainable plan for success. It will get you some exciting results sometimes, but sustainable and formula for winning in the NFL? No.

Sounds like Tyrod. "Keep him in the pocket and make him throw". Plenty of defenses know how to do that well. Sooner or later you have to be a QB and deliver the ball. Jackson will be a spectacular bust. Been saying it all along.

3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

These comments won’t age well. 

5 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Because Flacco sucks. He's never been an elite QB. He's never been that good at all. He just comes on in the playoffs occasionally.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LaCanfora was tweeting yesterday about how "smart" the Ravens were for adjusting their offense to Jackson's skill set. I read that as Jackson is incomplete as a QB and the Ravens are going to try and mask those shortcomings.

Wasn’t there an article from Cover 1 posted a few days ago praising the Bills for adjusting there offense to take advantage of Josh Allen’s skill set?

Lamar Jackson has a specialized skill set, to be sure.  He is nothing like what you expected of a QB in the NFL ten years ago.  Greg Roman's offensive scheme isn't exactly mainstream though.  The mainstay of his offense is a vast array of running plays designed to force defenses to cheat toward run defense by stacking the box.  Once defenses do that, they become vulnerable to deep throws.  It is a much better scheme for a QB like Lamar Jackson than say a West coast scheme.  Lamar Jackson can be a natural part of that complex run offense, with his ability to break contain and take off running.  The passing component of Roman's offense is not nearly as sophisticated, which is good, because that's not where Jackson's strength lies.  

Personally, I would rather have a QB whose skill set included a strong passing component.  That's not Josh Allen - yet, but I think Josh has far more upside in that area, and a coaching staff with a plan to help that potential become a reality.  I think Jackson can have some success with Baltimore given their traditionally strong defense, but he's never going to be an elite QB.  Josh Allen just might be in a couple years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Jackson’s unpaid spiritual advisor Billy Joe Hobert was heard to say “YES!” upon hearing the news...

...to his credit, Billy has just about finished "See Spot Run"...............

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

...meanwhile, somewhere in the mountainous foothills, Flacco was heard chuckling into his bowl of Wheaties as he put down his phone and started reviewing his new playbook notes...;)

His phone was intercepted, and the weight of his notes broke his back.

• Haha (+1) 1

I didn’t see much I like out of Jackson’s game. The receivers became decoys much like our receivers were for years. 

Defenses are going to pick up on his one dimensional play like in the playoffs. People were screaming for Flacco in the second half of that game. 

I don’t see him lasting very long honestly. Looked like a less talented Kaep imo. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd be more concerned about this:

Imagine a QB entering his 2nd season still learning how to hold the football.

Wow. Can't even hold a football right.